Old February 23, 2003, 20:41   #31
EQandCivfanatic
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Chieftain

Local Time: 15:35
Local Date: November 1, 2010
-Paris, France-

The lump in Ramses throat felt to him like it was growing bigger, almost to the point he felt that it would cut itself on Joan's blade.

Taking a deep breath Ramses said, "I suppose you were responsible for that stunt at the gate. It surprised the hell out of my men. I owe you for that."

At that Joan broke out in laughter and lowered her sword. "Yes I saw their faces. It was a moment to remember." Laughing they embraced and walked to the apartment Ramses had borrowed from a wealthy Frenchman who no longer needed it.

-Orleans, France-

Through the halls of the Palace they battled. Each a master sword fighter Ramses and Joan thrust and parried the other's blows. In the master bedroom on the uppermost floor, Joan reached for a nearby silver plate lying by the bed and threw it towards Ramses. Slashing it out of the air, he ran toward her preparing to end the battle then and there.

Catching him off gaurd Joan jumped on the bed and quickly and skillfully jumped over Ramses and landed behind him striking yet another blow. Fortunately for Ramses she missed, allowing him to counter her blade and drive her onto the balcony.

Ramses, using the blunt end of the blade struck at her face, forcing her down onto the ground. Raising her blade in a feeble effort to parry the attacks of Ramses once more, Joan's sword broke under the feirce attack of Ramses.

With Ramses' sword's tip on Joan's neck and the sound of his men running up the stairs to them, Joan said, "Finish it, Egyptian. You have won."

Lowering his sword Ramses said, "You are the finest swordsman or woman I have ever fought. I would rather destroy a Da Vinci painting (Da Vinci was an artist who had recently set up a workshop in Thebes) than kill you. I will turn my back and let you go, your people will fall soon anyways."

Amazed and shocked by this Joan stood up, gave a brief kiss on Ramses cheek, and jumped off the balcony.

With a clatter of steel and running feet, Ramses turned toward the door to face his men. "Captain," Ramses said to the first man through the door, "The woman got away, take your men and search the city for her. Bring her to the Palace alive." "Yessir," said the soldier, "YOU HEARD HIM MEN, GET YOUR LAZY ASSES MOVING!"

Looking from the balcony once more, Ramses saw a metal-clad woman running past the Egyptain gaurds at the gates and into the distance.

-Paris, France-

Sitting on the balcony of his appartment, Ramses was looking across the city. Joan was still lying asleep in bed. After parting ways in Orleans, they had met several other times in Lyons, Tours, and even in Thebes when he had gotten his medal.

Peace had been made with France, earning the Egyptian nation the small northern town of Marseilles. The nation of Fance had been separated into two different areas. On on the western penninsula and one on the eastern.

"Enjoying the view?" said Joan walking out onto the balcony. "Yes, mostly," repilied Ramses, "It is hard getting used to this cold and dreary French weather."

Joan and Ramses sat silently on the couch, watching as stormclouds rolled across the sky and the sun rose behind them, wondering what the next day would bring.

OOC: That's all folks for the 7 Queens. There will be a sequel soon. Hope you enjoyed it.
Old February 23, 2003, 21:57   #32
Prince Jason
Warlord

Local Time: 07:35
definetly a different ending - unexpected, eq!

But great story, I really enjoyed the fighting scenes.

Im off to recommend this for the contest.

Jason
Old February 23, 2003, 22:05   #33
vovan
Apolyton UniversityCivilization IV CreatorsSporeApolyton Storywriters' GuildC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The Horde
Emperor

Local Time: 09:35
Hey, that's really a cool story. Good job on this one, E&Q, and I am definitely looking forward to more from you.
Spore page
Old February 25, 2003, 18:57   #34
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 16:35
Fantastic stuff Bravo
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.