Old February 5, 2003, 14:32   #1
nhnlodat
Settler

Local Time: 10:47
Local Date: November 1, 2010
2050 Time Limit In Turnless Multiplayer
Ok here we go. 2 Friends and myself were playing a turn less civ3PTW game and we really did not get into the war side of things until later in the game. Well when 2050 came around I was declared the winner because of civ points and there went 5 hours of playtime. So I came to the forums and looked into this problem. I figured somebody must have encountered it before. Low and behold somebody had although not explaining it exactly how I have. They said you could go into game limits and set the amount of turns you would like to play (540 as the default and 1000 as the max). So thinking I was smart I loaded the game at a previous save point (2040), I then set the game limits to 1000 turns. Ten years latter the game ended just like before. So what I am wondering is if I must set this turn limit feature to 1000 before I start the game in order for it to take affect., or if this feature does not apply to what I am trying to do. I am not worried about saving the previous game but I just don’t want to start another game and be forced to quite at 2050. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
NHNLODAT
Old February 5, 2003, 21:52   #2
Romanus
Call to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy Game
Chieftain

Did you actually edit the save file? Once you start a game, saves and autosaves are independant of the editor...as far as i know.
Old February 6, 2003, 06:40   #3
Major Guz
Warlord

Local Time: 16:47
You can change game limits only at the civ selection screen (without using the editor). There is a button saying "game limits" underneath the picture of the leader of the highlighted civ and just above the difficulty level selection bar. click on it and set the limits to whatever you want. Setteing them to 0 (zero) will eliminate limits for that game.

(disclaimer: this button is present in PTW single player, have not yet played multiplayer)

Hope this helps.
Old February 7, 2003, 12:39   #4
nhnlodat
Settler

Thanks for the help. Does anybody have experiance setting up a game with 0 as the turn limits and playing past 2050 in mulitplayer

Thanks
NHNLODAT
Old February 7, 2003, 18:06   #5
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 08:47
Yes, the button is also there for MP games.

My partner and I always set the turn limit to it's max: 1000 (the default 2050A.D. game is 250). Of course, every time you restart the game/reload a saved game, remember to change the turn limit from 250 (default) to its maximum 1000.

Of course, I haven't done the math to figure out what 1000 turns would be as far as years go, but if 250 equates to 2050AD, then 1000 is way out there!
Old February 7, 2003, 18:09   #6
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by nhnlodat
Thanks for the help. Does anybody have experiance setting up a game with 0 as the turn limits and playing past 2050 in mulitplayer

Thanks
NHNLODAT
I have never tried using "0" for the number of turns allowed....I would think that the game would just go back to it's default (250) and end on 2050A.D.... Try setting it to 1000, but remember to do this everytime you reload the game.
Old February 7, 2003, 19:22   #7
nhnlodat
Settler

Hey thanks for your help Wittlich, Do you wana play a game sometime?

Let me know

Thanks again for the info

NHNLODAT
Old February 7, 2003, 21:39   #8
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

My bad...it defaults at 540 not 250. But the rest of my tirade is ok.
Old February 8, 2003, 14:28   #9
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by nhnlodat
Hey thanks for your help Wittlich, Do you wana play a game sometime?

Let me know

Thanks again for the info

NHNLODAT
Actually, with my full schedule, I'm pushed for time. The extra time that currently I have is being used in a MP Lan game with my partner. However, maybe later this summer I will have more time available.