Bereta_Eder
Settler

Local Time: 17:55
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Tassadar5000

Riiiiiiiiight Paiktis
wha? really
I can think of 10 new anti-US threads in a flick of a hat.
But I already explained why I don't bother now
Old February 7, 2003, 20:44   #62
Viking Berserk
Chieftain

Local Time: 16:55
"No, but those that do tend to be....dangerous people"

I'd rather say: Those who tend to be... Brainwashed people
Old February 7, 2003, 21:07   #63
chequita guevara
ACDG The Human HiveDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 11:55
Re: Is the US to go the way of the Roman Empire?
One can only hope, though I'd like to do without the barbarian invasions. Actually, that's what the war on terrorism is, isn't it.
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Old February 7, 2003, 21:32   #64
Kramerman
Prince

Local Time: 09:55
Quote:

No, but those that do tend to be....dangerous people

And Az: Would you rather I bash Isreal? In other words: Ill bash the US all I want.
Yeah Az, let him bash the US. he needs something to take up all his creative energy. Ya know, is not easy coming up with all that crap
Old February 7, 2003, 21:34   #65
Kramerman
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by The Vagabond
Kramerman, your essay on the envy psychology is also strong. But I should note that Tassadar outdoes you here.
touche...
Old February 7, 2003, 21:35   #66
Kramerman
Prince

Re: Re: Is the US to go the way of the Roman Empire?
Quote:
Originally posted by chegitz guevara
One can only hope, though I'd like to do without the barbarian invasions. Actually, that's what the war on terrorism is, isn't it.
hmm.. very interesting parellel.
Old February 7, 2003, 21:35   #67
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 15:55
Quote:
Originally posted by Kramerman

Yeah Az, let him bash the US. he needs something to take up all his creative energy. Ya know, is not easy coming up with all that crap
Yeah, but I make it easy on myself and use facts instead. I've seen how difficult it can be to maintain lies (Hey, just look at the Bush Admin. )
Old February 7, 2003, 21:41   #68
chequita guevara
ACDG The Human HiveDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 11:55
Re: Re: Re: Is the US to go the way of the Roman Empire?
Quote:
Originally posted by Kramerman
hmm.. very interesting parellel.
I'm not the only one who thinks that way. The US military is very concerned that modern terrorism is a revolution in warfare. Whichever country is the top dog at the begining of a revolution in warfare has historically been toppled by the end of it.
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Old February 7, 2003, 21:50   #69
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Local Time: 17:55
Well, Che I wouldn't worry to much if/when you attack Iraq.

You will not suffer huge terrorist attacks right aftertwards and for some time.

Your children OTOH... will be up to their necks in terrorist attacks.

Sorry if I sound gloomy and I don't troll now.

That is the opinion of top independent analysts (Americans within them) from the best strategical analetic schools of the world.

It is the same as when Israel "invaded" (or relaliated, call it what you will) the Arabs.

Osama was the kid who was growing up at that time.

And while you can say he just uses the Israeli/palestinian conflict for his one megalomaniac plans, that does not reduce the impact that this had on that generation.

The researchers said that there is always a "retarded phainomenon" (no better words in my english to describe it) in what concerns the terrorist "responce" of "aggressive" actions such as these.

Your children will pay for what you do today.
If those researchers were right

Last edited by Bereta_Eder; February 7, 2003 at 22:01.
Old February 7, 2003, 21:52   #70
Ned
King

Local Time: 07:55
Tassadar, Honestly, why are you anti-American. I thought Russia and the United States had a lot of common interests and were cooperating. I can think of space exploration and the war on terror for two.

Also, if you could tell me, what is the Russian view on NK's acquisition of nuclear weapons in violatin of the NPT?
Old February 7, 2003, 21:58   #71
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace

Quote:
Originally posted by Ned
Tassadar, Honestly, why are you anti-American.
Because, a lot of things I see America doing is either completly stupid or completly wrong and I feel the need to speak out about it.

I don't really hate Americans themselves (though when I came to this country I was expecting the averege intelligence level to be at least somehwere near Russias and was sorely disappointed) and I also hate the fact that half of Americans blindly trust their government without even giving a thought to corruption.

Quote:
Also, if you could tell me, what is the Russian view on NK's acquisition of nuclear weapons in violatin of the NPT?
I dont live in Russia anymore, though friends in Russia are saying that "everyone they know" supports N. Korea and S. Korea having nukes as to deter any possible future war between the two, though they dont like N. Korea having nukes alone.
Old February 7, 2003, 21:59   #72
Zylka
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesApolytoners Hall of Fame
King

MGO +1
Old February 7, 2003, 22:02   #73
Ned
King

Quote:
Originally posted by paiktis22
Well, Che I wouldn't worry to much if/when you attack Iraq.

You will not suffer huge terrorist attacks right aftertwards and for some time.

Your children OTOH... will be up to their necks in terrorist attacks.

Sorry if I sound gloomy and I don't troll now.

That is the opinion of top independent analysts (Americans within them) from the best strategical analetic schools of the world.

It is the same as when Israel "invaded" (or relaliated, call it what you will) the Arabs.

Osama was the kid who was growing up at that time.

And while you can say he just uses the Israeli/palestinian conflict for his one megalomaniac plans, that does not reduce the impact that this had on that generation.

The researchers said that there is always a "retared phainomenon" (no better words in my english to describe it) in what concerns the terrorist "responce" of "aggressive" actions such as these.

Your children will pay for what you do today.
If those researchers were right
paiktis, In a way I agree with you. The problem we have with OBL is that we sent our troops to the Gulf region in '90 and never withdrew. (The reason, of course, is the f*cking UN that would not let us finish with Saddam then.) This seems to be a repeating pattern. Our troops are in Germany, Korea, Bosnia, Kosovo, Afganistan, Kuwait and soon Iraq. One would almost say this is intentional. But I for one think we need to withdraw troops as soon as we can. I think, for example, that we should pull out of Germany, Bosnia and Kosovo. We should also pull out of Iraq as soon as possible too. Turn the post-Saddam government over to the UN.

While I would like to think we are not imperialists, the evidence seems to be mounting to the contrary.
Old February 7, 2003, 22:04   #74
Ned
King

Quote:

Because, a lot of things I see America doing is either completly stupid or completly wrong and I feel the need to speak out about it.

I don't really hate Americans themselves (though when I came to this country I was expecting the averege intelligence level to be at least somehwere near Russias and was sorely disappointed) and I also hate the fact that half of Americans blindly trust their government without even giving a thought to corruption.

So, is the average Russian better educated or just smarter than the average American?

I know our school systems are bad.
Old February 7, 2003, 22:05   #75
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

Ned: Did I just see you bash the great bastion of the age? Containment doesn't work?! What, are you insane?!

Sorry...couldn't resist, and a good analogy.

Yep....one day, we will, no doubt, go the way of the dinosaur.

But not today....

-=Vel=-
The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.
Old February 7, 2003, 22:07   #76
Ned
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Velociryx
Ned: Did I just see you bash the great bastion of the age? Containment doesn't work?! What, are you insane?!

Sorry...couldn't resist, and a good analogy.

Yep....one day, we will, no doubt, go the way of the dinosaur.

But not today....

-=Vel=-
Yeah, Augustus and Hadrian were the first apostles of containment.

See what it got them.
Old February 7, 2003, 22:09   #77
Ned
King

Quote:

I dont live in Russia anymore, though friends in Russia are saying that "everyone they know" supports N. Korea and S. Korea having nukes as to deter any possible future war between the two, though they dont like N. Korea having nukes alone.
Don't forget that Japan will have to get them as well. Does this affect the Russian view?
Old February 7, 2003, 22:10   #78
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by Ned
So, is the average Russian better educated or just smarter than the average American?
I get that impression, yes. The averege Russian is also much nicer than the averege American. Especially New Yorkers. I get the sense that NYkers are very disturbed people......
Old February 7, 2003, 22:11   #79
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by Ned

Don't forget that Japan will have to get them as well. Does this affect the Russian view?
I dunno, though personally I think Japan will develop it on its own someday soon. No US help (or very little) will be required.
Old February 7, 2003, 22:14   #80
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

Ned: Indeed! Never have been a fan of containment, never will be. The only time it was even remotely successful was when Democratic and Communistic ideologies were struggling for dominance, but since it seems that issue has been decided, down with all thoughts of containment. Bah! IF we use it at all, let's make d@mned sure it's a short term solution till we can get a long term resolution!

Tass: Yeah....let's give EVERYBODY nukes! That's the ultimate deterrent, right? (EDIT: And he says Americans have foolish ideas!)

-=Vel=-
The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.
Old February 7, 2003, 22:17   #81
Nubclear

Quote:
Tass: Yeah....let's give EVERYBODY nukes! That's the ultimate deterrent, right? (EDIT: And he says Americans have foolish ideas!)

-=Vel=-
Um....I dont recall saying this
Old February 7, 2003, 22:19   #82
Velociryx
staff

Not in so many words, you didn't...that's true, but hey! If it works for NK and SK, the principle should hold, true?

-=Vel=-
Old February 7, 2003, 22:25   #83
Nubclear

Quote:
Not in so many words, you didn't...that's true, but hey! If it works for NK and SK, the principle should hold, true?

-=Vel=-
Argh. Not always.
Old February 7, 2003, 22:26   #84
Ned
King

Somehow, Tassadar, I think Putin will help the US, Japan and South Korea to pressure NK into stopping with its weapons program.

The key is China. If everyone presents a united front, NK's bluster will be muted. Today they still believe they are immune from an US attack because of China - and they are right.
Old February 7, 2003, 22:26   #85
Velociryx
staff

I know, was just messin' with you....

-=Vel=-
Old February 7, 2003, 22:31   #86
Nubclear

Quote:
I know, was just messin' with you....

-=Vel=-
Ned is right, and I hate you
Old February 7, 2003, 22:36   #87
Velociryx
staff

Ned, I agree again! Dang, I used to be so....liberal....what's going on here?

And Tass...Nahhhh.....you love it!

-=Vel=-
Old February 7, 2003, 22:37   #88
Nubclear

Quote:
And Tass...Nahhhh.....you love it!

-=Vel=-
I may love it but I hate you!

Edit: Corrected a rather nasty Mistake

Last edited by Nubclear; February 7, 2003 at 23:09.
Old February 7, 2003, 22:51   #89
Velociryx
staff

Tass, you rock!

-=Vel=-
Old February 7, 2003, 22:52   #90
The Vagabond
Prince

"The Barbarians are to the Roman empire as the terrorists to the US" is a very good analogy, unfortunately. If the analogy goes through, we should expect a new Dark Age upon the downfall of the US.