Old February 10, 2003, 15:32   #1
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 18:07
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Mayors
I was just thinking that 10 cities in my province are way too many , and I thought about promoting some people to mayors.
A mayor is basically a Governor, only that he manages no more than one city. Managing one city isn't too much work, and I assume several people here will be interested by the position.
What do you think of it ?
Old February 10, 2003, 16:18   #2
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 13:07
I like your idea, Spiffor... But instead one city, make it 3 or 4 cities to each "Mayor".
I'm saying this because I doubt we can find even 10 interested people nowadays...
(And we need 50~60 to manage all cities we have.)
Old February 10, 2003, 17:23   #3
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Local Time: 12:07
we're running into a big hierarchy if we do this... maybe making the regions somewhat smaller would be best if people find them too big.
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old February 10, 2003, 18:00   #4
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 11:07
It's kind of late in my term for reorg the provinces, but if the new DM wishes, he certinately can do so.

Uber Island is probably fine.

A reorg of the mainland might roughly look like

Old Persia -> Old Persia West + Old Persia East

Old France -> Old France West + Old France East

Upper Apployon -> NW Appoloyn + NE Appolyon

Classical Appolyon -> SW Appolyon + SE Appolyon

Old Germany -> Old Germany North + Old Germany South
Old February 10, 2003, 18:00   #5
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Upper Old Germany and Lower Old Germany?

Aidun
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG
Old February 10, 2003, 18:04   #6
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Just before me! Joncnunn.

I think it is a good plan Joncnunn, the new Regional Advisors may also think out new names if I will be elected as DM.

Aidun
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG
Old February 10, 2003, 18:17   #7
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Actually, I was more thinking along the lines of having RAs as we know it, but having some citizens making decisions for one city as well.
The intend is not really to replace RAs, or to relieve them too much, but rather to involve more people in having a small part in the decision process
(I originally thought of my too big workload, but it was merely the source of my thought drifting)
Old February 10, 2003, 18:43   #8
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

Local Time: 12:07
I intend to return as the Old France RA, if the next DM will have me. Also, I will oppose any reduction of my original region. I have nurtured these cities for awhile and would like to see my efforts through.

If someone wants to take over "Old Rome" (Brundisium, Syracuse, Roadivostok), I don't have an issue with that.