Old February 14, 2003, 19:31   #31
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 11:08
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I bought Morrowind a little over an hour ago. Still haven't played it.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old February 14, 2003, 19:45   #32
Tuberski

Quote:
Originally posted by Apocalypse
I bought Morrowind a little over an hour ago. Still haven't played it.
If you need any help, there are several Morrowind threads here.

ACK!
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old February 14, 2003, 19:58   #33
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

I know, I've browsed through them.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old February 17, 2003, 03:40   #34
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 16:08
See if you can get Pool of Radiance (Ruins of Myth Drannor) This is worth a shot (but more than a year old...)

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old February 17, 2003, 04:46   #35
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 09:08
I don't recommend Pool of Radiance.

You have Morrowind. This is a great game. The only thing I don't like is the lack of D&D rules . It's harder for me to get into Morrwind races. I'm a D&D buff, what can I say.

Neverwinter Nights is a great multiplayer game. I still play scheduled games with other people. It is not nearly as good in single player. But you can still download some modules to make the game endless.

I just got Icewind Dale 2. Not much of a story, but just enough to keep things moving along. Good graphics for an old engine. They really did some great things with such an old engine. It has 3rd edition D&D rules. And I admit my parties do have characters with 3 intelligence and 3 charisma . I only did this because I heard the game is difficult. So far my party is faring well. Maybe that is because everyone has 18 const or close to it.

In any case here is what I recommend for ID2. 1 or 2 fighter types at the most. If you go barbarian don't forget to include 4 levels of fighter. My party has only 1 fighteer! . But I have 2 battle orientated clerics. And I have 3 mages. I recommend sorcereres over wizards, but it is handy to have one wizard to overcome any spell deficiencies you sorcs have. I will probably put a few levels of Paladin in one of my clerics later on. But first I want to get access to higher level spells first. I heard there is a great weapons a Paladin can use. I'm not sure what it is, but keep in mind that a Paladin could be a useful character to have. Either single or multi-classed.
Old February 18, 2003, 04:48   #36
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

I've heard a lot about Icewind Dale, and ID2 but I must know something:
Does it have real time or turn based combat? I won't play if its real time.

-Jam
Old February 18, 2003, 05:48   #37
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

It can be either.

Technically it is real time. But I use the auto pause feature to pause after every round. I also have the game pause after a spell is cast, after a monster is sighted, and after a weapon is unusuble or a creature is dead. There are several other auto-pause options as well.

Having the game auto-pause after every round essentually makes it turned base. But it would be wrong to call it turned based.

I'll put it to you this way. I suck at real time games- other than diablo 2. I suck at RTS this is why i play civ 2 and civ3 and such. I get my ass kicked on game slike Command and Conquer.

But I do very well on baldur's gate 2 and such. So obviously the auto-pause feature works for me. It allows my slow old brain to keep up with the action

You also have battle results displayed in a window on the bottom of the screen for the player who likes to know everything that is going on- like me.
Old February 18, 2003, 06:15   #38
Jamski
Deity

Tell me more about auto pause. Can you give instructions, and then press "go"

-Jam
Old February 18, 2003, 20:03   #39
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

yes. the autopause pauses the game. After you have given instructions (although this isn't necessary- your fighters will continue to attack the same target until it is destroyed), you can press the space bar to resume action.

Obviously I like to pause after a spell is cast so I can assign another action for my mages, clerics. Also a good idea to have auto pause when a monster is sighted.

It works really well in my opinion. that is one thing that worried me when baldur's gate came out. But it is fairly easy to keep things organized and assign actions to your characters with the auto-pause feature.
Old February 19, 2003, 02:45   #40
Grumbold
Emperor

Local Time: 17:08
It gets clunky in really big fights but most of the time it works well. Like the EU games you can tailor it so it pauses every time someone sneezes or have very few auto-pauses and make use of the spacebar to interrupt play as you see fit.
Old February 19, 2003, 19:43   #41
Jahi
Warlord

Local Time: 10:08
Morrowind is pretty cool, and looks good too