Old October 28, 2003, 13:55   #361
Tamerlin
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
King

Local Time: 18:11
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Very good table though you know I think you will have some trouble to keep this level of detail with the development of our cities and the number of units and improvements available.

For the sake of clarity I would not seperate the queue and the time needed, I would write it like that:
Catapult (4). In the same spirit I would not write anything when the given type of improvement or unit is not in a city (especially when improvements are concerned) and I would simply put an "X" in the box to indicate that the said improvement has been built in this city. Tables can be difficult to read with too many figures or informations.
Old October 29, 2003, 04:46   #362
Gilgamensch
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
King

Local Time: 17:11
Quote:
Originally posted by Maquiladora
Nice work on the cities table Gilg, but how about sorting them by pop size? to put Maquiladad even further down the table
Dear Maquiladora,

don't complain with me..........it is CTPII deciding upon.........

I just just the way how it is ordered, when loading it from the save-game and using F3 to cycle through the cities............
Old October 29, 2003, 04:49   #363
Gilgamensch
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
King

Tamerlin,

that's why I used Excel to create it. I just inserted the HTML-code in coloumns in between, which I normally hide. That's also the reason, why I had to use sometimes a 'dumb' filling otherwise HTML wouldn't show it correctly.

For the improvments:

Sooner or later we could combine certain improvments, like Granary, Shrine, ..... basic stuff like this, what we would have in each city, would take some coloumns out...........
Old October 29, 2003, 07:45   #364
Gilgamensch
King

I was trying to post the log, but I have some problems........the server is complaining about to many tags in use....Ialready replaced all []<> with (), but it is still complaining.

Any idea?
Old October 29, 2003, 08:48   #365
Tamerlin
King

Remove all the sentences not directly related to the DG, that should divide the total length by two... at least!
Old October 29, 2003, 09:38   #366
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

You'll have to split it up in a number of smaller sections and post each in a seperate post. See the many chat logs posted by me.

Edit: Example

Last edited by Locutus; October 29, 2003 at 09:44.
Old October 29, 2003, 10:09   #367
Gilgamensch
King

It is not about the size, it is complaining about tags like <>[]..............
Old October 29, 2003, 15:19   #368
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

yeah, if you split it, you have less tags in each post.
Old October 29, 2003, 18:58   #369
Tamerlin
King

And if you reduce the overall size of the log you also have less tags...
Old October 30, 2003, 06:59   #370
Gilgamensch
King

Locutus and me found that there is actually a limit on the number of smilies. That as what it was complaining about last............

People seem to be using to much of those smiles.......
I don't know why?

So, please don't use to many smilies in the turnchat's , otherwise I will have the same problem again
Old October 30, 2003, 08:34   #371
Tamerlin
King

But it is so fun!

Old November 19, 2003, 16:40   #372
child of Thor
Emperor

Local Time: 16:11
I think we are doomed - unless we can last the required time to get spys and steal all the tech we can, or maybe go on the offensive and make a sneak attack and try to take any german and english cities(we dont have to hold them - just get the tech and loot and leave?). The English look like they want to stomp us and the germans are still able to draw froma huge pool of cities to build their war machine.

'Barkeep(CoT speaks to the cobweb covered skeleton at the bar), line me up a bottle of whisky'.......
'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.
Old November 19, 2003, 17:10   #373
J Bytheway
Call to Power PBEMCall to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

Bear in mind that losing the DG would be better than winning it from a publicity point of view .
Old November 19, 2003, 20:43   #374
Tamerlin
King

Gentlemen,

We are currently building the armed forces that will allow our great dictator to send back the Austrians to the void they should have never leaved.

Once we will have settled the Austrian case we will launch an offensive that will shatter the German power. Remember that England is already at war with Germany and that their units must cross the German territory in order to attack us, should they declare war they should not be able to launch a full scale invasion.

Have faith in your enlightened leader people of Lemuria, our kingdom will last a thousand year.

Post Scriptum: Could our enlightened leader post the latest saved game in the appropriate thread so that your people can check the truth behind my words.
Old November 20, 2003, 05:12   #375
Gilgamensch
King

Dear peasant,

Our dearest appologies for not providing the savegame. We thought, that We already posted it.

And Tamerlin, my slightly rebelious peasant:

You only expect that Our empire will last a thousand years?

We expect to survive far longer.
Old November 20, 2003, 08:37   #376
Tamerlin
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Gilgamensch
You only expect that Our empire will last a thousand years?
For the uneducated, that which obviously does not include our noble leader, it was a dubious reference to a famous empire that was supposed to last a thousand years but fortunately only survived a decade or so.
Old March 15, 2004, 18:07   #377
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 11:11
Hey guys, long time no see, is mapfi ever around? I miss talking to him and all the banter we had while shaping the constitution
Old March 15, 2004, 19:52   #378
Tamerlin
King

Hi, H Tower...

I think I haven't read a post from mapfi for a while but I am not here as often as before myself since a few weeks. I am trying to come back more regularly but I have some trouble to keep up with the rythm.

The release of the Source Code has inflicted a critical blow to the DG so you should have more chances to have some news about mapfi in the "Source Code Café" thread.
Old March 15, 2004, 19:53   #379
MrBaggins
CTP2 Source Code Project
King

The entire population went on vacation whilst the universe is being recreated

/me winks
Old March 16, 2004, 04:52   #380
Gilgamensch
King

Tomorrow I'll update the status of the nation and

be warned:

Maybe this weekend or next week we'll have another session
Old March 16, 2004, 05:03   #381
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

I see mapfi on ICQ occaisonally, we even spoke once recently, he said he was playing RoN.

As for the DG, in the words of Steven Patrick Morrissey "I know its over, still I cling, i dont know where else I can go, oh.........."
Old March 16, 2004, 05:45   #382
Gilgamensch
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Maquiladora
As for the DG, in the words of Steven Patrick Morrissey "I know its over, still I cling, i dont know where else I can go, oh.........."
Not really the case (don't know) and I still hope some people will show up again.
Old March 16, 2004, 13:44   #383
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Last time I spoke to mapfi (also on ICQ) he was too busy with RL to really actively stay involved with Poly.
Old March 25, 2004, 20:04   #384
Locutus
Deity

Edit: wrong forum.

Last edited by Locutus; March 25, 2004 at 20:19.
Old April 6, 2004, 01:00   #385
EPW
Call to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power PBEMCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Team BananaCall To Power SuperLeagueCiv4 SP Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameSporeC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 09:11
If this game ever starts up again I want to join in
"Many religions now come before us with ingratiating smirks and outspread hands, like an unctuous merchant in a bazaar. They offer consolation and solidarity and uplift, competing as they do in a marketplace. But we have a right to remember how barbarically they behaved when they were strong and were making an offer that people could not refuse." -Christopher Hitchens
Old April 6, 2004, 03:00   #386
Gilgamensch
King

WARNING:

The DG might continue soon............ I found some spare time again and I decided to devote some to the DG (especially as people are showing rey: some interrest again

Let me know your most convient time, starting from Friday onwards. (I still have to post screenies and info.......)
Old April 6, 2004, 04:59   #387
Tamerlin
King

Gilgamensch, you know that I am interested but you also know that I have busy nights and week ends. Chose a day and if I am available I will gladly join... I can make it this friday provided it does not start too early (around 21:00 French Time).
Old May 8, 2004, 07:20   #388
child of Thor
Emperor

just saw this interesting article BBC link , and it made me think of our democracy game

I dont find it surprising that we discover earlier time scales for many civilisations, + maybe we should give more credit to the earlier civilisations than we currently do.
Ok they weren't building space craft(not that we've found yet ), but i find the technical ability of the south american civilisations amazing, especially their ability to carve stone to such perfection.
In the same way i hate how generaly speaking, Britian's(and north western europes) history, pre-roman times is looked down upon by many as being backward and unimportant.

Ok the classical world gave us many of the trappings of civilisation, ones that we can easily trace back from the way we live today, BUT that doesnt mean nothing sophisticated was going on.

I'm reading a book called 'Lost civilisations of the Stone Age' by Richard Rudgley(arrow books).

Its maybe not the best book in the world - but it does come up with some fascinating evidence for complicated surgical procedures and advanced pre-historic settlements(Catal Huyuk in turkey), and also advanced social conditions(much more so than after the collapse of the roman empire in britian for example).

I just think people shouldn't condem pre-history as being a time populated by knuckle draggers - they were amazingly resourcefull and clever people too, just like us
'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.
Old June 17, 2004, 10:09   #389
Gilgamensch
King

Just as a warning, as there might be some interrest again (at least from others) the DG shall start again. More info will be posted. I hope we'll be all back with some new blood as well.
Old June 17, 2004, 10:27   #390
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Call to Power II Democracy Game
King

i might be back