Old February 12, 2003, 06:33   #1
mapfi
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II Multiplayer
Prince

Local Time: 20:29
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Game Chat 2760BC tonight at 22:30GMT
well, though I have only heard from Turambar on my suggestion in the Lemuria Café I'm proposing to hold another chat tonight.

Rather late this time and I plan only to play ~5turns. I'll be in the chat room at 22:30 GMT and we will see whoever makes it and if we've got enough to play.
Turambar's and Locutus's presence would be required for sure, we still don't need any decision from the MoI and the general orders of the MoDA are still good enough to play another few turns.
Old February 12, 2003, 06:38   #2
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 21:29
I think it's WAY too soon. We must first take time to discuss the strategy to follow on how to destroy Austria. We'll need several days for this at least.

(Although I applaud the spirit of your desire to keep the game moving )
Old February 12, 2003, 07:05   #3
mapfi
Prince

did you read my post in the Café? I think we need some more information before we decide what to do. Your thread to destroy or not to... e.g. - I want to see Wels with my own eyes before deciding on that. I'd also like to know where that size 2 stack is lurking and if we have a bigger stack coming towards our capital.
You're right that we need some major discussion on how to go on, however, I'd prefer to have played just another few turns to know enough to decide wisely.
Old February 12, 2003, 10:58   #4
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 21:29
Yes, I read the Cafe and I agree with MrBaggins: a lot has happened in the past week and we need some time to digest and set out a course for the coming war. If one thing is clear it's that we're very divided on how to continue. Some want to attack Graz ASAP, some want to attack Wels ASAP, some want to focus on defence for now, some never wanted this war in the first place. The next 5 turns will be crucial in determing our strategy for this war, so it's crucial that we know what we want before we play.

Also, I don't dare make any decisions on the diplomatic or science front before I know what the people want: what should we research next? (The poll once again proves how divided we are), how should we treat the Scots and the Indians (notice the odd border outline near the southern Thai cities? That must be the Indians and I suspect we could run into them any time). The first few turns after first contact are very important in determining the future relationship and I have no idea how people want to deal with these nations. Haven't even had the time yet to start a poll on that.

Infrastructure and Domestic Affairs are areas where the game could continue for a while longer, but for Defence and Science/Trade/Diplomacy we really need more time to work a plan de campagne first.
Old February 12, 2003, 14:31   #5
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 14:29
can someone post a picture of the city that was named after me? i haven't found it in any thread yet.
Old February 12, 2003, 14:58   #6
MrBaggins
CTP2 Source Code Project
King

Local Time: 19:29
Oh! The Vanity!

piccie
Old February 12, 2003, 17:01   #7
Pedrunn
Call to Power II Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 16:29
I also think it is too early but you are the President for now. I am only around for this hour. I wont even have time to read the chat events.

So it is your call if there should or shouldnt. I wont be there either so in case there will be a chat today. Good Luck
-Jean Rostand
Old February 12, 2003, 18:29   #8
MrBaggins
CTP2 Source Code Project
King

are we gonna do the chat thing or not?
Old February 12, 2003, 18:33   #9
mapfi
Prince

well, i'd be in favour of it - but hey that's just my opinion. Since only Locutus is in the chat room right now we'll drop it then. Too bad.
Old February 12, 2003, 18:38   #10
child of Thor
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

It's pretty quick! Who are all the new ministers as i haven't seen a poll yet, just candidates putting themselves forward. I could be there but i feel it may be too soon after the last chat - we got alot of stuff to ask the people about.
'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.
Old February 12, 2003, 21:48   #11
HuangShang
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
King

Local Time: 12:29
what time is the next chat then?