They changed the name of the German shepheard to Alsatian in the UK
Old February 18, 2003, 16:10   #62
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Local Time: 14:53
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Tassadar5000

Trust me, go out and ask random people on the street questions about the current world....Most of them wont answer correctly When I came to this country, I had heard the averege people are soooo intelligent and all that.....And I come here and their not. Their stupid. The averege Russian knows more about the world around them than the averege American knows about the state around them.

I'm not "crassly oversimplifying" things. I've been here quite a while, and the ratio of stuipd-to-intelligent is strikingly unfavorable.

Americans are unintelligent because they dont need to be intelligent. They dont need to know about the world around them so they would rather deal with the finances or just enjoy their lives. Thats good in some ways, bad in a lot of others.

Edit: Though I will admit, the french arent much better
Yes, but by your own admission you live in Utah -- that's hardly a fair sampling.
"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" — Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.
Old February 18, 2003, 16:45   #63
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 19:53
Quote:
Yes, but by your own admission you live in Utah -- that's hardly a fair sampling.
I've lived and been to several other states, MadMonk.

Quote:
apparently being full of morons is necessary condition for becoming the MOST POWERFUL nation in the world.
See my next response.

Quote:
Why are Americans so... stupid... and oblivious, I never can decipher how we can control most of the god damn world being supported by the morons that we have everywhere in this country?!
It didn't used to be like this, I imagine. But again, now you dont HAVE to know about the world around you. Someone in egypt HAS to know the world. Someone in Russia HAS to know the world. But someone in America doesnt. And if you consider world events to be boring, your not gonna if you dont have to. Therefore, most Americans choose not to.

Before, in WW2 and the cold war, people had to know this stuff. You couldn't really surivive by being ignorant. But now.....You can.

Quote:
Not all Americans are stupid, Tassadar. Only the 48 million that voted Bush.
Sorry to say, but most Americans are stupid. That could be a reason why they dont vote....They dont grasp the concepts because they dont choose to study them at all.

Oh, and: Troll sucessful
Old February 18, 2003, 16:51   #64
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 14:53
Quote:
Originally posted by Tassadar5000
Oh, and: Troll sucessful
Suprising, considering it was blatant. Oh well. Good work.