Old February 17, 2003, 18:39   #1
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 13:53
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Most Memorable Moments in Demo Game?
I am looking to do a little series with the upcomming Gazette's, kind of a 'this day in history' thing...

What are some of the things we should take a second look at to remember, remind, and perhaps laugh at? Link to the info, if you can please.

No particular order, just wanting ideas.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old February 17, 2003, 18:48   #2
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 21:53
Of couse the victory over Germany after many years of fighting. It must be about a hundred or so. Does someone know? It would sound very impressive: the 100 Years' War against Germany. It was also a world war: every country was in war. Does anybody know if it was the frirs, second, third or perhaps the fourth world war?
I hope the war against Japan will be even more memorable than the war against Germany.

Aidun.
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG
Old February 17, 2003, 18:49   #3
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Local Time: 15:53
The funniest ever Jungle Gazette:

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=71708

I especially love the Panag interview and the cartoon!
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old February 17, 2003, 19:16   #4
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 19:53
Funnest Build:
Germany building the Great Lighthouse in a landlocked lake!

Most treachorous:
Persia breaking the RoP we had with them when France brided them to attack us.

Funnest Military:
The spineless Germans paying us for pease after we razed one city.

The "amphibious invasion" of Uber Island by 2 Zulu Impis

Most Couragous Military Moments:
The destruction of the city north of Hero's Summit.

The lone American Spearman that defended against an Aztec Horseman Army, two Archers (I think), AND defeated 2 of our Knights.

And I think the point that turned this game in our favor was taking the Persians to the coast. I thought we had the game all sown up from that point on.
Old February 17, 2003, 19:28   #5
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 16:53
Great comments, donegeal.
I would like to add the "1st War of Necessity", I don't recall the correct name, when we take almost all of America. Heroic times, cutting our way through the jungle!!
Old February 17, 2003, 20:31   #6
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

hi ,

where are the days when you could get lost in the jungle , ......

the UberKruX affair , ....

the French war , ......

the barbarians , ...

the times we where shaking because we had no army , or so we tought , ......

the discoverey of Uber Isle , .....

the first jungle paper , ...

sjee , ..... there are so many things that one could write a book about it , .....

it turned out to be a pandora's box , ..... what a ride , ...

have a nice day
Old February 17, 2003, 20:43   #7
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Great smiley, panag!
Old February 17, 2003, 20:51   #8
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Aro
Great smiley, panag!
hi ,

you should check out these sites ;

www.smilies.nl

www.smilies.org

www.mysmilies.com

www.smiliesunlimited.com

www.clicksmilies.com

www.smilies.com

, an other memorable moment , ..... the use of this >

have a nice day
Old February 17, 2003, 20:56   #9
Aro
lifer
Emperor

Thanks, panag. I was looking for this!

Last edited by Aro; February 17, 2003 at 21:01.
Old February 17, 2003, 22:01   #10
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Greatest election: Presidential Election for Term II.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old February 18, 2003, 08:09   #11
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Most exiting elections: term 8 presidential elections. Aro vs term 7 president Arnelos
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG
Old February 18, 2003, 10:04   #12
DAVOUT
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 20:53
The first map by Aro :

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=58079
Old February 18, 2003, 10:38   #13
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Greatest military moments: defending Ubergorsk and GeoFront against the Persian invasion, at a ratio of about 7 or 8 dead Persian attackers per 1 dead Apolytonian defender. We didn't have any technological superiority at that time, just brilliant tactics and beautiful micro-planning.
Best-planned war: the second (and last) war with Germany.
Toughest battle ever: the battle over Rheims during the first war with France.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old February 18, 2003, 10:46   #14
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

For me personally, I always remember:

Court Case #1, Debating with Togas. I still wish we would have been allowed to continue the debate as we had both asked to do...

Being thrown into making the initial assault on France. With MrWIA gone, I was left to make the assault. No sooner do I march upon Paris than do I see "The Persians and French have signed an alliance against us", "The Germans and French have signed an alliance against us". I remember thinking at the time...'yep, I knew it, my computer is just cursed. I play the game for three turns and all hell breaks loose.'

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old February 18, 2003, 10:55   #15
jdd2007
NationStates
King

Uber's revolution!

The Rise and Fall of the Hawks

The first brilliant campaign against Egypt

Definitely the Trip vs Ninot election
Old February 18, 2003, 13:00   #16
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 19:53
Quote:
Originally posted by Shiber
Greatest military moments: defending Ubergorsk and GeoFront against the Persian invasion, at a ratio of about 7 or 8 dead Persian attackers per 1 dead Apolytonian defender. We didn't have any technological superiority at that time, just brilliant tactics and beautiful micro-planning.
lol and then first chat of term four with all the ridiculous defeats, the net splice leaving only aro, shiber and me, then attacking with the wrong units but still winning and then getting a GL on the final move. Surreal crazyness.
Old February 18, 2003, 18:28   #17
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 14:53
The War of Necessity, as I believe our archer conquest of America was called, is definitely one of the most memorable, as was the first war against France. And I'm sure I would add Persia to the list if I had actually been around much then.
Some memorable elections: Ninot vs. Trip for Term 2 president (need I say more), Arnelos vs. Unorthodox for Term 5 VP (longest campaign thread ever), and Aro vs. Arnelos vs. Aggie for Term 8 Prez (close election, and lots of mudslinging/RP ).
All of our GLs, of course. Seti will probably be the most memorable.
Old February 18, 2003, 18:28   #18
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Creating the regions (which never did work out well)

The change of constitutions

The debates to have or not have a judiciary

Founding of Geographic society

Founding of other societies - ie city council, machivelian institute, etc.

Debate as to morals and ethics.

Trip and Ninot election (term 2 prez ?)

More is possible. I suggest re-reading the old gazettes for reminders.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old February 18, 2003, 20:18   #19
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

My Republican Revolution Thread
Old February 18, 2003, 20:32   #20
Aidun
Emperor

Sorry that I am so rudely distiurbing your exchange of memories, but I am facing a problem: the land needs to be governed an I have only 3 RG's until now. Are there any people willing to help me this term. I know that the tide has turned since we have defeated Germany: we are truely invincible now, but we have still not achieved victory. Please help me and the other members of the government to achieve this victory. It would be a pity to loose at the end after all those years of efforts. PM me or post in the Domestic Ministry thread.

Thank you in advance

Aidun Cian
Old February 18, 2003, 23:51   #21
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

How about that time Aidun spammed every thread, desperately looking for Regional Governors?
Old February 19, 2003, 01:37   #22
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

My best memory is as shiber said "the battle of geofront" where we basically wiped out countless archers. I had this great plan in my mind but couldn't really execute because whenever we got forces together to move another archer army came up. This happened over and over and over. Unortho, your computer's curse was our blessing since without persia/germany declaring war we would never have gone after persia as we did. Lets face it, the persian war left us as THE powerhouse, and the game was over except the AI didn't know it. As far as elections go. I would say the aro/arnelos election. The election between ninot/trip was more infamous than famous, I would suggest that after the game is over we see who should have won that election, just for historical accuracy. My bet is trip but we may never know. Also another good memory of the whole game is that parties never did become significant. Also lets not forget the BRILLIANT trades that spiffor arranged in the early going. Without those we would have been too far behind to catch up. But now as I conclude this I have come to a conclusion on the most memorable item in this game, "the people who played and cooperated, who made this democracy game an excellent experience, and i will miss this most when the game ends".
Aggie
Old February 19, 2003, 03:40   #23
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Well, since people are mentioning things important to them...

I would say the Trip-Ninot election was one.

Then there was Uber's revolution.

If I may, I might also mention Case Pink.
Old February 19, 2003, 04:54   #24
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 11:53
Hmmm....the founding of the Labor Party to start a resurgence of interest back towards the Civ3Demogame after many people had left to the PTW game....

(notice the population swelled in the week following the formation of the ALP nearly 200%! Coincedence? I think not!)
Old February 19, 2003, 08:50   #25
Aidun
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by dejon
How about that time Aidun spammed every thread, desperately looking for Regional Governors?
I consider it as a great honour to be remembered before I have even fulfilled my term as DM.
Old February 19, 2003, 16:17   #26
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Meshelic
Hmmm....the founding of the Labor Party to start a resurgence of interest back towards the Civ3Demogame after many people had left to the PTW game....

(notice the population swelled in the week following the formation of the ALP nearly 200%! Coincedence? I think not!)
The population swells every time there's a NewZupdate. Had nothing to do with the ALP, which people who haven't already joined the demogame wouldn't have known existed
Old February 19, 2003, 17:09   #27
jdd2007
NationStates
King

the Ninot-Trip election really ended the power of the parties

case pink was great

uber islan was big

and all that techwhoring
Old February 19, 2003, 18:42   #28
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 11:53
Whatever Arnelos.
Old February 19, 2003, 20:20   #29
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos

The population swells every time there's a NewZupdate. Had nothing to do with the ALP, which people who haven't already joined the demogame wouldn't have known existed
Ah, but that Newz Update was written by mysely, a Laborite, and previous non-Labor updaters hadn't drawn that kind of crowd before.
Old February 20, 2003, 06:34   #30
rush
Civilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG The Mercenary Team
Prince

Local Time: 02:53
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Election deadlock between E_T and GhengisFarb.