Old February 18, 2003, 22:54   #1
Tamerlin
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
King

Local Time: 21:57
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Reload Slic command and effect on Victory
I am currently playing a SAP2 game (which main goal is to test Peter Trigg's Updater2.slc) and in 610 AD the game crashed suddenly after I hit the End Turn button. The game actually crashed at the beginning of the following turn at the moment the messages are displayed and the voice is announcing what town has completed the production of what.

I tried to reload the game and use the saved game, same result. I tried again same result. I installed CtP2 and all the mods again... idem.

The only way I found to continue the game was to reload the slic files in 610 AD before ending the turn. This time the process runned fine and the game went on without any problem. Adding mods and tinkering with the files seem to make the game less stable, this must be a common occurence as I have frequently read posts where some modders recommanded to use the reload slic command to solve some problems.

My question is related to the Cheat Menu warning which states the result of the game will not be recorded. Does it have any real effect on the victory conditions or is it only related to the "best scores" section?
Old February 19, 2003, 09:21   #2
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Tamerlin
My question is related to the Cheat Menu warning which states the result of the game will not be recorded. Does it have any real effect on the victory conditions or is it only related to the "best scores" section?
I think it has only an effect if your score is added to the best score list, so you can still win the game. The only effect is that it is not recorded. However I don't recomment to reloadslic from the cheat editor, betteruse the chat window, to open it type ' (The apostrophe key) and enter /reloadslic. The cheat editor has also one big disadvantage if you don't take care pollution is disabled.

For your crash: Did a new civ occur, hat is a problem of Diplomod 3.6 in that case you can set MaxPlayers to NumPlayers in your user profile. In that case you only moved the crash one turn, so that you would have to reload slic every turn again.

-Martin
Old February 19, 2003, 09:42   #3
Tamerlin
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
I think it has only an effect if your score is added to the best score list, so you can still win the game. The only effect is that it is not recorded. However I don't recomment to reloadslic from the cheat editor, betteruse the chat window, to open it type ' (The apostrophe key) and enter /reloadslic. The cheat editor has also one big disadvantage if you don't take care pollution is disabled.
Thanks for the tip, I have already heard of this way of activating the reload slic command but didn't knew it was different from the one in the cheat menu.

Quote:
For your crash: Did a new civ occur, hat is a problem of Diplomod 3.6 in that case you can set MaxPlayers to NumPlayers in your user profile. In that case you only moved the crash one turn, so that you would have to reload slic every turn again.
-Martin
Actually I think a Phenician Abolitionist was trying to start a slave revolt which is indeed creating a new civ. Is there the same problem with the Diplomod 3.5? A solution could be to revert to the 3.5 version.

Last edited by Tamerlin; February 19, 2003 at 10:13.
Old February 19, 2003, 10:18   #4
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

As far as I know this problem isn't in Diplomod 3.5 it has to do something with the embassy code it uses an array that simulates an two dimensional array, unfortunatly if a civ is added then the whole arry is screwed up. So a solution would be to use Diplomod 3.5 or set the NaxPlayers to NumPlayers.

-Martin
Old February 19, 2003, 10:23   #5
Tamerlin
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
...set the MaxPlayers to NumPlayers.

-Martin
But I suppose it would prevent a new civ to appear, which is unfortunately a fun aspect of the game.

Could you tell me the main difference between the Diplomod 3.5 and the Diplomod 3.6?

And thanks for your patience Martin...