Old February 22, 2003, 08:30   #1
mirakulix
Settler

Local Time: 20:10
Local Date: November 1, 2010
World war II Scenarios?
Hey. I've played civilization since civ one was relized.

And the best game must be civ2 with the world two scenario!

Now I've got the following question
Isn't there any world war two scenarios for CIV3?

And where can I get it?
Old February 23, 2003, 07:50   #2
epics
Warlord

Local Time: 21:10
As far as I remember in editor you can't add specific units (or was it cities?) so you can't build a scenario as it was in civ2. In Files Forum, on this cite, you can find some WWII scenarios or mods.
Here you have some mods and scenarios:
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=50226

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=43961

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=71136

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=68728

And you will find more, just look in the Files.

I haven't played any of them so I don't know how do they work.

Hope this helped
Old February 23, 2003, 13:05   #3
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 14:10
You can add custom units via the editor, although I think this ability is only availiable after a certain patch (1.29 works, as will PTW)

Of course, MAKING them is another matter altogether but PTW comes with a bunch of WW2 units like T-34 tanks Mustan fighters etc. look in the CIV3PTW/extras/World War II folder

as to adding them to the game, this might help:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showth...threadid=31576

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old February 23, 2003, 14:26   #4
WarpStorm
King

Local Time: 15:10
You can also add cities.

The main reason is that there is no way to guarantee that the various teams will stay at war.
Old February 24, 2003, 16:14   #5
Chemical Ollie
King

Local Time: 22:10
The lack of good scenarios is the greatest fault in CIV3 IMO.
Old February 24, 2003, 16:43   #6
WarpStorm
King

Well, Olaf, make one then.
Old February 24, 2003, 19:23   #7
player1
Emperor

The only thing missing in editor is Diplomacy editing and even editor.

Without diplomacy editing there will no be any "real" scenarios.

And if even editor ever comes out, Civ3 would be best game for scenarios (maybe some other XP?)
Old February 24, 2003, 20:33   #8
WarpStorm
King

I'm hoping for an XP dedicated to scenarios (and their creation).
Old February 24, 2003, 22:48   #9
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Warpstorm:

thee who ist all-knowing about Firaxis' machiavellian plans, how true are the rumours of a second expansion pack? There a lot of talk going on at CDG about that.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old February 24, 2003, 23:10   #10
WarpStorm
King

Well, I'm hardly all-knowing. Although they answer many of my questions, ones about future products don't get answered. I've heard rumors too, but none from a source more credible than those on CDG (well maybe a little more j/k). The rumor I hear is that it'd be focused on scenarios and scenario building.
Old February 25, 2003, 01:16   #11
Master Zen
Deity

Well I certainly hope the rumours are true. It would truly be a waste of effort to leave the game as it is.

Just think of all those poor japanese and ww2 units laying around in PTW with no scenario to shelter them. Pleeease! think of the units! the poor lonely units!

Old February 25, 2003, 02:12   #12
Phatphal
Chieftain

i made a civ 2 mod that was a total world war 2 game, restructured entire tech tree, terrain, units, map, cities, rules. It took me 2 weeks but it was well worth it. Light Fighter taking on Advanced Zepplins. Heavy Field Artillery bombing a variety of ships. Awesome fun, I was thinking about making it again but it might be a wee bit harder this time around
Old February 25, 2003, 06:25   #13
player1
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Master Zen
Well I certainly hope the rumours are true. It would truly be a waste of effort to leave the game as it is.

Just think of all those poor japanese and ww2 units laying around in PTW with no scenario to shelter them. Pleeease! think of the units! the poor lonely units!

As far as I know, Firaxis is planning in releasing one Japanese scenario with those untis included.
(and that's NOT rumor, its FACT)
Old February 25, 2003, 07:13   #14
Chemical Ollie
King

Quote:
Originally posted by WarpStorm
I'm hoping for an XP dedicated to scenarios (and their creation).
Time will tell: I'm still waiting for the release of PTW where I live...
Old February 25, 2003, 10:27   #15
Pap1723
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

There is a massive WWII scenario in the works for the PTW expansion pack. It is being designed as a Play By E-mail, so it will only have 8 civilizations, but diplomacy won't be a problem because the civs will all be controlled by the human player.

I'll give more information if you guys are interested.

Pap
Old February 25, 2003, 12:50   #16
Master Zen
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Pap1723
There is a massive WWII scenario in the works for the PTW expansion pack. It is being designed as a Play By E-mail, so it will only have 8 civilizations, but diplomacy won't be a problem because the civs will all be controlled by the human player.

I'll give more information if you guys are interested.

Pap
Well, I'm VEEERY interested!

Perhaps you could tell us a little bit more about the XP itself?

Old February 25, 2003, 13:27   #17
minke19104
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Master Zen

Well, I'm VEEERY interested!

Perhaps you could tell us a little bit more about the XP itself?
me too
Old February 25, 2003, 13:32   #18
Master Zen
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Phatphal
i made a civ 2 mod that was a total world war 2 game, restructured entire tech tree, terrain, units, map, cities, rules. It took me 2 weeks but it was well worth it. Light Fighter taking on Advanced Zepplins. Heavy Field Artillery bombing a variety of ships. Awesome fun, I was thinking about making it again but it might be a wee bit harder this time around
Making custom units is not an easy task at all in Civ3, other than that I think making good scenarios won't be all that much harder if a good XP comes out with all the options available in the editor.

I still think Civ2 has a looong life ahead of it as the scenario king of civ games.

Old February 25, 2003, 18:46   #19
player1
Emperor

Of course the probelm with Civ2 is that AI is way to much stupid, so scenarios become too easy.

But with just added diplomacy editing, I bet we could get pretty good and challenging scenarios for Civ3.
Old February 26, 2003, 00:44   #20
Pap1723
Prince

Well guys, I have been working on it quietly for a while now, but not really working on it dedicatedly. I've been working mostly on my WWII Gigamap scenario for Civilization 2, and the one for Civ 3 on the side...

You can check out my Civilization II scenario here...
http://www.historic-battles.com/2194Days/

The one I am planning for Civ 3 is going to use the same map, as I have been slowly porting it over tile by tile to a Civ 3 map. It is planned on being even more grand than the Civ 2 version because I can have as many units as I want, so I can give every unit to every side and have realistic upgrades. An example of this would be the Panzer III. At the start of my scenario, the Panzer III Ausf. G is the main tank available for the Germans. In the war, once the Ausf. G was useless in battle, they were converted into StuG III Assault Guns, and various other platforms. I am going to show this in the scenario. As of right now I am planning on having 18 German Vehicles at the least...

Now I know there are not half that many units made in 3D format for Civilization yet, but I have overcome that. This is the thing that I am worried will turn people off to the scenario though...I am going to be using Civilization 2 unit graphics. There are more than enough units that have been made for Civ 2 scenarios and when converted to Civ 3 format they look decent, they just don't have any animations.

That's only a little bit for now, please ask specific questions and post some ideas and I'll answer them or respond to your ideas.

Pap
Old February 26, 2003, 10:45   #21
smellymummy
King

Local Time: 12:10
Re: World war II Scenarios?
Quote:
Originally posted by mirakulix
Hey. I've played civilization since civ one was relized.

And the best game must be civ2 with the world two scenario!

Now I've got the following question
Isn't there any world war two scenarios for CIV3?

And where can I get it?
I made a very good ww2 scenario, but it's for those interested in intense naval warfare of the pacific vs the great land battles of europe.

100x100 map, scenario is a save file so loads quick, plays fast, blockades work good, supply routes can get cut off, and the AI actually manages to do a great job with naval units

SCENARIO: WWII Pacific Theatre of Operation (Japan)

I made it so you can only play Japan. my preference of playing the bad guy

all in all, I had great fun making it and testing it extensively I'm still collecting comments, suggestions, and still waiting for bug reports, but there really isn't any

I know this is a shameless plug, but come on! I never stopped supporting it, and I do plan on improving it for PTW, especially after playing the newest version of PTO on the playstation2 (pto 4), my mind is just racing with new ideas. So I'd love to read feedback and suggestions! [/plug]
Old February 28, 2003, 03:52   #22
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

if you're looking for awesome ww2 scenarios, stop by the civ2 creation/ scenario league forum, the people there are simply incredible!
Old February 28, 2003, 06:21   #23
Th0mas
Civilization III Democracy Game
Warlord

Quote:
I've been working mostly on my WWII Gigamap scenario for Civilization 2 *Snip*

You can check out my Civilization II scenario here...
http://www.historic-battles.com/2194Days/

Pap
Hi Pap
I apologise if I am missing something (I havn't been frequenting the Civ2 forums for a long time) but your Civ 2 scenario 2194 days looks remarkably similar to Captain Nemo's classic of the same name, even down to Alex Mohr's graphics!

What have you changed? ...Please help the ill-informed like myself.

6 years lurking, 5 minutes posting
Old February 28, 2003, 07:33   #24
Pap1723
Prince

Well, the units all upgrade into better units, it has 9 parts. I actually asked Nemo if I could make a new scenario based off of his and he encouraged me to do it. I don't even know what the final uint count is, but it has to be over 200 different untis. It is also on a Gigamap which is twice the size of the map Nemo used on his scenario.

Pap
Old February 28, 2003, 10:21   #25
Th0mas
Warlord

Quote:
Well, the units all upgrade into better units, it has 9 parts. I actually asked Nemo if I could make a new scenario based off of his and he encouraged me to do it. I don't even know what the final uint count is, but it has to be over 200 different untis. It is also on a Gigamap which is twice the size of the map Nemo used on his scenario.

Pap
Wow sounds like a mamoth task
Does it use FW, CIV2MPg or tot?
When are you planning to get it finished?

6 years lurking, 5 minutes posting
Old March 1, 2003, 13:13   #26
kentonio
Chieftain

Quote:
Now I know there are not half that many units made in 3D format for Civilization yet, but I have overcome that.
Dude theres a vast number of WW2 units made for Civ 3, my mod team for Storm Over Europe have made around 50 of them recently and there were probably around the same number again already done. Try here. The Third Reich Team have made many of them, they should all be in the creation forum. The stuff made by my guys should be released seperately about a week after the mod in around a month if all goes to plan.

Kentonio