View Poll Results: Should we give 100 more Gold to India?
Yes 6 66.67%
No 2 22.22%
Abstain 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 23, 2003, 09:19   #1
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 22:13
Local Date: November 1, 2010
OFFICIAL: Diplomatic policy (The Indian Connection)
If you have any comments on the Diplomacy policy, this is the time and place to make them.

For the time being, I think we should continue or policy of ignoring the other civs. It would be nice to give at least some of them some money to keep them happy, but right now we need our gold elsewhere. If you disagree with this policy, let me know, and propose alternatives if possible. Right now I don't see many alternative policies myself, so it's hard to poll anything...

The only exception is India: they still don't like us but by now they've forgotten that we threatened them before. However, they still dislike us and proposals are almost certainly gonna be rejected. So I also made this thread a poll: should we give them 100 gold again or not? If we do this, there's a chance (probably 50-50 - if not we'll need to give gold once or twice more) that they'll like us enough to at least be willing to exchange maps, giving us valuable information about the lands south of us. (BTW, if people vote in favour of it, I may not give gold in the very next turn but I may wait a few turns - and it'll only happen with Martin's permission)

So, post here to comment on the poll (which will expire in 3 days) or to make any other diplomacy related comments...
Old February 23, 2003, 12:46   #2
miggio
Call to Power Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy Game
Warlord

Local Time: 20:13
at the current moment we cant afford to make more enemies. so i think we should give them some money, just so we can get there map, then we can ignore them
Old February 23, 2003, 18:05   #3
Tamerlin
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
King

We need to have good relations with our neighbours especially because we are at war with Austria, a map of the Indian explorations would also be very helpful. If we can achieve these results with 100 Gold, so be it.
Old February 23, 2003, 19:44   #4
HuangShang
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
King

Local Time: 13:13
do we have their map? can we get that map w/o giving gold?
Old February 24, 2003, 10:54   #5
Devil of Truth
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

HuangShang:
No, we don’t have their map, and it’s doubtful that we’ll get it without "greasing" their palms.

I agree with Tamerlin and miggio, we cannot afford any more enemies. Furthermore, knowing what the lands to our south hold, may just be worth its weight in gold.

Pass the buck.
Old February 24, 2003, 12:35   #6
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Re: OFFICIAL: Diplomatic policy (The Indian Connection)
Quote:
Originally posted by Locutus
(BTW, if people vote in favour of it, I may not give gold in the very next turn but I may wait a few turns - and it'll only happen with Martin's permission)
I don't see any problem in giving 100 gold to India in order to get their map. So if the people of Lemuria do want give 100 gold to India in order to get their map I give my permission.

-Martin