Old February 23, 2003, 12:30   #1
michaelmccarth
Settler

Local Time: 20:13
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Can’t get My Civ 3 game to play
I have the civ 3 game for the last two months and have played it with no issues until last week. Now when I try to play the game it wont let me.

I put in the cd and start the game I am allowed go as far as the front page where I get all the options start new game continue with old game etc. When I click on one of these options the game logs me out.

I have tried to re-load the game again, but I can’t get the load version to un-install.
I am running windows XP.

Any help would be great

Mike
michaelmccarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12, 2003, 15:26   #2
Sheik
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 15:13
To uninstall the game you need to delete the folder titled Infrogrames Intsallsheild Infromation or something like that. It is a hidden folder in the same place were your infrogrames folder is.

Sell your photos
Sheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24, 2003, 15:05   #3
Spec
Emperor

Easier, go in control panel, add/remove programs and then just choose uninstall Civ3, then re-install. Or, you can just try to repair it with the CD.

Spec.
Old March 25, 2003, 03:22   #4
michaelmccarth
Settler

Thanks for your reply. I have already tried both of these options. Well when I try to remove the program it goes through what looks like the deinstall process and then tell me my game has been repaired. So I’m not sure how I can deinstall it so that I can load on a fresh copy.
Mike
Old March 25, 2003, 14:24   #5
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 22:13
In some instances, you have to go into the registry to clear out all civ keys.
alva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25, 2003, 15:10   #6
Rommel2D
staff
Civilization III PBEMIron Civers

Quote:
To uninstall the game you need to delete the folder titled Infrogrames Intsallsheild Infromation or something like that
Infogrames is responsible for the installsheild? That explains why it kept asking me if I wanted to "remove this program" after I had wiped the old program out and was reinstalling. It worked OK- just the standard half-baked product that seems to be Infogrames' trademark. :[

Mike- did you check the files after running the uninstall to see if anything had actually been removed?
Rommel2D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2003, 03:19   #7
michaelmccarth
Settler

Yes I did and it did absolutely nothing. At the start of the uninstall operation it looks normal, as if everything is going to work. It brings up the screen with the timer on it and goes through it in about a second and tells me your game has been repaired (although I’m trying to uninstall it) and nothing changes. The game stays exactly as it was.
Old March 26, 2003, 14:27   #8
Rommel2D
staff
Civilization III PBEMIron Civers

Maybe a dumb question- did the installshield give a menu of three options , I think? If you did select uninstall and it still did the repair process you should contact Infogrames support about the bug.

But you should still be able to do the uninstall manually or with control panel, as Spectator described. If these aren't working, you must have bigger problems. :( This is the only problem you've noticed on your system?

Caveat: I don't know anything about XP, just 98SE. If file management is much different...
Rommel2D is offline   Reply With Quote