Old February 23, 2003, 21:14   #1
nbarclay
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 14:15
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Question: Modern AI Tech Priorities
Does anyone know what the typical AI "priority list" is for modern-era techs? I've played games where I tried to leverage AI research to get my spaceship built faster, but I've never had a good enough grip on what the AI research priorities are to do as well at it as I'd like to.

Nathan
Old February 23, 2003, 21:28   #2
DaveMcW
Prince

Local Time: 15:15
Alexman's AI Tech Preference list might help. If you can figure out the weights of tech cost and tech value.
Old February 23, 2003, 23:52   #3
badams52
King

Local Time: 12:15
I've found that it differs from civ to civ and how many are left (and usually I'm so far ahead at that time that it just doesn't matter) but in my recent monarch game Russia was the only civ left and did it's modern research as so:

Rocketry (free tech), Computers, Ecology (I might have traded it to him), Space Flight, Satellites, Synthetic Fibers, Stealth, Amphibious Warfare, Advanced Flight, ??

I was surprised he went back to industrial techs while I was building the spaceship. I also traded Recycling, Miniturization and Fission to Russia, but that was after the lead and spaceship were assured.

Once when I played, India or Egypt, can't remember who, researched Fission very quickly and started right away on the UN. Maybe since it was just Russia and I that Russia decided to ignore Fission.