Old February 25, 2003, 07:09   #1
Rushton
Settler

Local Time: 21:21
Local Date: November 1, 2010
PTW - 73 hours and I win a cultural victory. Help I need an editor to turn this off!
Hi Folks!

Huge world. Really enjoying myself and have just 2 civs left for a conquest victory. Suddenly - I win a cultural victory Oops I made a mistake hours ago by not turning it off (just over 73 hours ago to be precise ) Anyway, this happened a couple of times with civ3 and I have one of the editors so that I can change the victory conditions - but they don´t work and I can´t find a PTW one even though I have ploughed through a few threads and got confused.

Ideas?

I would be grateful if someone can tell me where to download one. Thanks.

Paul
Old February 25, 2003, 10:04   #2
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 13:21
Just turn off the Cultural Victory option in the the main menu when you first create/start your game. You don't need to use the Editor for this.
Old February 25, 2003, 11:28   #3
CrONoS
Civ4 SP Democracy GameApolyton UniversityNationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 16:21
Rushton: You want to turn off the Cultural Victory Condition in your savegame.....????

"Not by force of arms are civilizations held together, but by subtle threads of moral and intellectual principle." - Russell Kirk
Old February 25, 2003, 12:05   #4
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Local Time: 15:21
That appears to be what he's asking; unfortunately, I don't think that there's any way to do that.
"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" — Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.
Old February 25, 2003, 12:07   #5
The Mad Monk
Emperor

What you could do is pretend you haven't won, and push on to that conquest victory you're savoring.

Of course, you won't get a score, but you're not really looking for that, now are you?
"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" — Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.
Old February 25, 2003, 13:02   #6
minke19104
Warlord

Local Time: 20:21
this is why I hate cultural/domination victory... They seem unsatisfying.... I mean sometimes you have 5-10 cities less to conquer and boom: cultural/domination victory.

Diplomacy can be avoided by building the U.N. But theres no way to deter these 2 victories other than disbanding your cities
Old February 26, 2003, 07:48   #7
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Sure there is -- remember to unselect them at the start.
Old February 26, 2003, 12:23   #8
Azeem
Prince

I always like playing with Cultural or Diplomatic victories, because I tend to suck at warfare.
Only by knowing when to stop can we avoid danger." - Lao-zi, the "Dao-de-jing"
Old February 26, 2003, 13:46   #9
Spec
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Wittlich
Just turn off the Cultural Victory option in the the main menu when you first create/start your game. You don't need to use the Editor for this.
Please read the post again....

He wants to turn it off NOW, not start a whole new game.

What you can do is just give some cities tou your enemy and then take your time to build up an army and finish it off with a blitzreig.

Spec.
Old February 26, 2003, 14:55   #10
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Doesn't Gramphos (or whatever his name is) editor work?
Old February 26, 2003, 16:45   #11
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Spectator
Please read the post again....
Spectator - My, arn't we testy today...

But for you, I will explain my first post. Rushton's initial post indicated that he had won via the cultural victory:
Quote:
Really enjoying myself and have just 2 civs left for a conquest victory. Suddenly - I win a cultural victory ... Anyway, this happened a couple of times with civ3
Notice the portions I bolded? Rushton has been trying to win by conquest, but his past games (not a single game being reloaded but rather multiple games) have been leading him to the cultural victory.

My suggestion to fix this was to turn off cultural victory at the beginning of his games. As far as I can tell, Rushton's past games are just water under the bridge at this point.

So, with all due respect Spectator, try to be more tactful with your posts in the future. Ok?
Old February 26, 2003, 16:51   #12
Jaybe
Mac
Emperor

Of course, another way to avoid a cultural victory is to sell all (or many) of your cultural improvements before it is too late. Not that I would do such a thing.
I play BtS (3.19) -- Noble or Prince, Rome, marathon speed, huge hemispheres (2 of them), aggressive AI, no tech brokering. I enjoy the Hephmod Beyond mod. For all non-civ computer uses, including internet, I use a Mac.
Old March 1, 2003, 07:01   #13
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Tassadar5000
Doesn't Gramphos (or whatever his name is) editor work?
I'm fairly certain it dosen't work with PTW.
Old March 5, 2003, 12:01   #14
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

Local Time: 21:21
Impossible
I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom