Old February 28, 2003, 03:56   #1
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 15:33
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Where'd my nation go?
Hmmm, I kind of forgot about NS for a while and didn't visit, and now the website says that my nation no longer exists!

For those of you still playing, don't make the same mistake I did
Old February 28, 2003, 04:44   #2
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 07:33
Local Date: November 2, 2010
IIRC, if your nation isn't accessed for 21 days in a row (or 60 w/ vacation mode), it's deleted, although for some reason the name can't be used ever again...
Old February 28, 2003, 04:57   #3
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 04:33
You can always start from scratch. No big difference anyway, it's not like SimCountry.
Old February 28, 2003, 05:41   #4
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Speaking of which, are you still playing SimCountry?
I am.
Old February 28, 2003, 17:48   #5
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 20:33
SimCountry?
what game is that?
Old February 28, 2003, 22:01   #6
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

www.SimCountry.com

I don't have time to write a decent post about it now, but will do so later.
I play on White Giant, and I can get you a gift certificate that will get you an additional 20 B$ if you want.
Old February 28, 2003, 23:36   #7
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Hmm... seems a bit complicated- I don't think I have any time for it right now- but it is an intersting site.

thank you for your offer!

However, it did give me one idea- its map could possibly be adapted to our apolyton region...
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	cr18.gif
Views:	36
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	38608  
Old March 1, 2003, 08:41   #8
Skanky Burns

I have started a thread about SimCountry in the OtherGames forum. http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=78985

Perhaps you could try being a corporation owner - it takes a lot less time than running a country does.
But anyway the SimCountry maps could really help define the Apolyton region.
Old March 1, 2003, 14:54   #9
DarkCloud
staff

Okay- I'll check it out!

-
I like my recent summary-
The Holy Empire of Iguana Fire is a very large, economically powerful nation, remarkable for its complete absence of social welfare. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 50 million are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.

The large, corrupt, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Commerce, and Education. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 16%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, followed by Gambling and Book Publishing.

Same-sex marriages are increasingly common, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, thieves are flogged in public for their crimes, and citizens select which government department gets their income tax dollars each year. Crime is moderate. Iguana Fire's national animal is the iguana, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the igua.

---
My population just shot up 8 million in one day
Old March 2, 2003, 01:23   #10
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 04:33
Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns
Speaking of which, are you still playing SimCountry?
I am.
Not anymore. It's such a chore after awhile, when you have to deal with hundreds of companies.
Old March 6, 2003, 08:42   #11
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

Local Time: 21:33
How DARE you to abandon Simcountry
I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom
Old March 6, 2003, 09:04   #12
Skanky Burns

/me declares war on UR's country, now that it is unguarded.
Old March 6, 2003, 10:20   #13
Giovanni Wine
NationStatesNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 21:33
Actually I don't really like that map... but if it the only one we have, than I guess will have to take it

(although I liked aahz capone and Mr. President map much much better)

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
"In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio