Old May 10, 2001, 19:26   #1
icevic
Settler

Local Time: 05:13
Local Date: October 31, 2010
troop experience, morale factor, and faction bonus
Hi there! Here is a question I am trying to figure out. After playing through the game with the Spartans and the Hive, I find that even with the command nexus project, my troops are still only on par with the spartans, and in my previous games with the Spartans, elite units can move three normal tiles per round, while yang's elite force can only move one. Doe the faction bonus contributed to the above movement superiorty? So no matter how many command centers are built, inferor troops would only gain so much? Do the command centers only affect unit morale <- rank, but not additional bonus like the Spartans?

Vic
Old May 10, 2001, 19:48   #2
WhiteElephants
King

Local Time: 00:13
You've touched on quite a confusing issue. After considering your faction bonuses, your Social Enginering choices, your children's creches, your command centers and bio enhancement centers, etc., etc. , the bonuses you get from sensors and terrain like rocky and forested, as well as the base square and any defenses, like perimeter defenses, it gets pretty confusing.

One thing I can assure you of is that your Hive troops should have received a +1 to their movement if they were Elite. So, your infantry, which would normally only move 1 should have been bumped up to 2. Or in the case of your rovers they should have been bumped from 2 to 3. I'm not sure how elite status effects air and sea units. All units, of all factions, should be able to get the +1 movement bonus after attaining an Elite status.

Do you have the patches?

I'm not sure what you mean by the Spartans additional bonuses? I don't play them often, but I thought they get a +2 to their morale. I think (I don't have the manual handy) that translates into a +1 on offense, and a +2 on defense (i.e. disciplined on offense, hardened on defense).

I know other factions like Marium's receives a +25% to attacks that would go above and beyond the maximum allowed if I remember correctly. Meaning an elite unit would get +25% on top of the +50% for being elite. Though I believe those numbers aren't cumulative, but multiplicative. So, I think that unit would get something like a 62.5% attack bonuse.

The reason your Hive units are only be on par with the Spartans after the Commnad Nexus would be because that project gives you a free command center in every base, which on top of healing your units, confers them a +2 to their morale, equal to the Spartans natural faction bonus of +2 to morale.

I hope this helped, I know it was kind of all over the place.

Old May 10, 2001, 20:07   #3
icevic
Settler

Local Time: 05:13
Thanks. Now I remembered in several battles of Hive vs. Spartans, the Spartans were on the rocks... maybe that is the deciding factor for their strength similarities.

Now with these out of the way, it is time to play the UN with hybird style. It is good to know that the troops' fighting capability can be enhanced by facilities alone (and battle locations too).

Vic
Old May 10, 2001, 20:24   #4
big_canuk
ACDG3 Gaians
King

Local Time: 00:13
WE:

You are correct that Miriam's 50% elite, and faction 25% bonuses are multiplicative. That's 1.5 x 1.25 = 1.875 or a total 87.5% bonus.

Old May 11, 2001, 13:56   #5
knowhow2
King

Local Time: 06:13
Just wanna complete.

Elite with +1 movement also applies to air/sea units.

Command Centre doesn't give ALL your troops +2 morale, just those made AFTER the CC been build. Spartans +2 morale applies to ALL units all time.