Old March 31, 2003, 10:55   #481
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

Local Time: 21:42
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Hi guys, I'm so sorry for being offline for the last days but my modem broke down and I'm not able to come online apart from a cpl hours a week via cybercafe- take care of Apolyton Federation while I'm away- cu in a cpl weeks
I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom
Old March 31, 2003, 10:57   #482
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 23:42
WTF? DEFEND AGAINST WHOM? his 400 helos? I thought you said that AA rip through helos. ?

and who's going to stop me onland? his >500tanks and artillery?

These numbers you present are way too high. What exactly are AA missile batteries going to do with the his tanks?
Old March 31, 2003, 11:05   #483
Giovanni Wine
NationStatesNever Ending Stories
King

Hey Datajack, I can see your Franit Empire in my local Wine's ranking, you are two spots only ahead of me

Azazel:
How come you did not buy and are not using any kind of Conventional missiles, that would have been my first weapon if I where to attack a country.

First: hit their AA with my missiles
Second: hit everything else with my bombers and helis
Third: take the president of the conquered country and execute him in the pubblic square of his capital.

Uhmm... what do you think of this plan

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
"In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio
Old March 31, 2003, 11:14   #484
Az
Emperor

He's got missile interceptor batteries. A few of them, but still.
Old March 31, 2003, 14:22   #485
dudemanjack
Warlord

Local Time: 16:42
If you are only using tanks, they don't do anything to the helicopters. And if you are only using 1500 tanks, they will probably be destroyed against 500 helicopters. It's much easier to conquer if you have extra anyway.

If you were to increase the number of tanks you planned to use, you can probably still get through just by brute force, but I'd still get a bunch of AA batteries because tanks sure aren't cheap, and they will take out helicopters. The fewer helicopters the country has, the better. Oh, and reguardless. Get a LOT of tank ammo. I used like 2 million grenades in my last war.
Old March 31, 2003, 14:30   #486
Lawrence of Arabia
PtWDG Gathering StormMac
King

Local Time: 12:42
how do you hid your indices?
Old March 31, 2003, 15:03   #487
dudemanjack
Warlord

click "my actions ---> "game settings" ----> secrecy parameters
Old March 31, 2003, 15:18   #488
Lawrence of Arabia
PtWDG Gathering StormMac
King

Local Time: 12:42
thanks.
Old March 31, 2003, 16:43   #489
Az
Emperor

tank ammo - check.
AA missile batteries- check. 300 have been purchaced.
another 700 tanks have been purchaced.
Old March 31, 2003, 16:47   #490
Giovanni Wine
King

Lonestar and/or Azazel

My brother told he is not interested in "quello stupido gioco di merda" (translated: that stupid sh*t game).

So if any of you want to take over his country tell me, and I will sell his defenses over to... ME and allow you a free conquest.

(I hate it when my bro do like this, as he often look like he is very interested in something and than abandon it).

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
Old March 31, 2003, 17:15   #491
Az
Emperor

Cool . We'll have a staged war some time soon.

Wait for half a year or so, ok? I've got to see how my REAL WAR will play out. cheers, and thanks a lot!
Old March 31, 2003, 18:12   #492
Lonestar
inmate
King

Azazel, wanna double team that country of Giovanni's Bro?
Old March 31, 2003, 19:38   #493
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 07:42
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Datajack Franit
Hi guys, I'm so sorry for being offline for the last days but my modem broke down and I'm not able to come online apart from a cpl hours a week via cybercafe- take care of Apolyton Federation while I'm away- cu in a cpl weeks
Not good.
I hope you get a new connection soon.

Hmm, looks like we will need a new federation leader while you are away too.
I'll take over in the meantime and then when you get back you can have it back again. Or we can start a poll for who should lead us. Or something.
Old March 31, 2003, 22:47   #494
Lonestar
inmate
King

Azazel, My brother is aquireing the Kingdom of Sotrano (East of Gions, south of Unca Joe), so we'll have another solid ally in region.
Old April 1, 2003, 05:39   #495
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

I tried building a corp in The Republic of Euskadi, but with absolutely no low-level managers, it made my job somewhat difficult.

Lawrence, you should kill off "Boulder Advanced Quality Produ" and "Derry Advanced Effectivity Pro" as they are costing you much money every month. Billions. With the workers freed up from them, your other companies should then have 100% employment or close to, and others can start companies (if you still want them to).

Also, if you haven't done so already, set the automatic systems to NOT build companies in your country. They choose poorly.
Old April 1, 2003, 05:43   #496
Az
Emperor

Quote:
Azazel, wanna double team that country of Giovanni's Bro?
You don't have the offensive assets yet, and it is better that you won't get any, at this point in time.
It's good to know about your brother getting in the action. we should have a strong apolyton presence here in no time.
Old April 1, 2003, 05:49   #497
Az
Emperor

Lonestar: a word of warning: to your east, and to your brother's south, there is a very dangerous opponent, relatively. fortunately, at this point, the moron has forgot to turn off the secrecy option, so you can inspect his forces, and by that, I mean his OFFENSIVE INDEX.

so, "Books Borough" is your brother?
Old April 1, 2003, 07:32   #498
Giovanni Wine
King

Ok, I'll keep my bro's country running, until you guys are ready to take it over, we don't want to waste all the efforts he (didn't) put in that country don't we?

Saluti
Old April 1, 2003, 11:25   #499
Az
Emperor

Old April 1, 2003, 18:26   #500
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Azazel
Lonestar: a word of warning: to your east, and to your brother's south, there is a very dangerous opponent, relatively. fortunately, at this point, the moron has forgot to turn off the secrecy option, so you can inspect his forces, and by that, I mean his OFFENSIVE INDEX.

so, "Books Borough" is your brother?
Yep. I'll keep your advice in mind.
Old April 2, 2003, 08:33   #501
Giovanni Wine
King

Remember to tell me whenever you are ready to take over the Empire of Gions, in the meanwhile I'll try to get his economy up so that you will actually take over a worthy country

Saluti
Old April 2, 2003, 10:34   #502
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

Quote:
My brother told he is not interested in "quello stupido gioco di merda"
actually I'm more surprised that he was able to understand it- where did you and your bro learned english, Gio'Wine?

Quote:
Hmm, looks like we will need a new federation leader while you are away too.
I think you're a better player than I am, so you should be the chairman- we should elect always the highest ranked of course
I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom
Old April 6, 2003, 20:01   #503
Colon™
Emperor

Local Time: 22:42
I send a mail about the reset issue and this is what they send me back:

Thanks for your reaction.

This is to clarify this issue:

Currently nothing is reset and will not be for some time
We will introduce a feature to allow you to move your country to Golden rainbow if you wish to do so. This feature will be limited but the work of building an economy and an army will be preserved.
Some time before the introduction of the MOVE COUNTRY feature, individual players will see their reset date on their home page and may decide to have the reset or move their country. Everyone will have many weeks to decide.
Any step we may take will be announced on time on the game news.
Resets when implemented will not be for the whole world at one date, but for each user, depending on the date of registration, separately.

Simcountry is run by a group of very experienced developers working full time on the game. As we said before, our finances are fine and we can continue but we are spending large amounts of money to keep it running.

If we want to keep the development of the game in the long run, funds will be needed to cover the cost.

We never thought that $ 5 per month will represent a huge problem.

W3creative does not intend to stop free playing. The free worlds will continue to run and will be extended if needed. However, we are in the process of creating two different games.

The limited game, with many features; where the competition and ability to build an economy and an army are limited to three or four months. We intend to somewhat ease the policy of winning gold awards.

The extended game, with a fast growing number of advanced features and an unlimited development period. Our intention is to add more worlds with other parameters and rules.
Old April 7, 2003, 01:55   #504
Az
Emperor

Quote:
Well, it is. I don't even know how to arrange for such a payment. I have a credit card, but I don't work currently, and my credit card isn't international as well.

Thanks anyway, Colon!
Old April 7, 2003, 16:31   #505
dudemanjack
Warlord

Well, hopefully it won't be reset for a while. In the meantime, it's more warmongering. War has been declared against the country: NFX
Old April 7, 2003, 18:42   #506
Skanky Burns

Good to see.

I'm buying 25 cruise missile batteries (after stocking up on 1000 cruise missiles) and so will also soon be declaring war. I don't know on who yet though.
Old April 7, 2003, 20:24   #507
dudemanjack
Warlord

Awesome. I'm trying to take all the countries around my original country...sorta like carving a little empire. There are two problems though: the computer countries around me were former player countries with defense index in the 80's, and there are 3 player controlled countries.

I just declared war on a player country. He's got pathetic air defense, plus I have about 6,000 tanks; 3,000 artillery; 1,500 anti-aircraft missles; 100 fighters; and just bought 212 bombers. It should be a really easy war. A bonus is that he only logs on about once every 10 days it seems, so by the time he knows about the war he won't even have a country anymore!

I do have concern about 2 of my neighbors. I'm more powerful then them right now, but they are in a federation. The federation has like 5-6 countries in the same region. Some of them already have nukes and they are arming. Luckily, they seem to not be very developed yet, and hopefully when they see "Mentop No More Ceos", followed by "The president of this country owns 4 other countries", they will be deterred.

I have also decided that after this war, it is time to start buying strategic weapons, and to create a large air force.
Old April 8, 2003, 00:22   #508
Colon™
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Azazel
Quote:
Well, it is. I don't even know how to arrange for such a payment. I have a credit card, but I don't work currently, and my credit card isn't international as well.

Thanks anyway, Colon!
I think 5$/month is quite a lot too. The game is fun, but not that spectacularily good and for that amount of money you can buy a new game each year and get to keep it as well.
Old April 8, 2003, 02:17   #509
Az
Emperor

damn, got hooked up on fallout 2 again.

The stupid war with Heimat is taking too long, and I can't be arsed to wage it.
Old April 11, 2003, 11:43   #510
Colon™
Emperor

Seems activity has dropped off.
DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.