Local Time: 23:42
Local Date: November 1, 2010
It's the damn reset scare.
Old April 11, 2003, 14:33   #512
dudemanjack
Warlord

Local Time: 16:42
I'm still playing - though I think my war mongering might stop a bit. I just took over a new country, but I killed like 400,000 people I think (I could have sworn there was 6m, then 5.5m people). I'm going to consolidate and build up my new countries because getting two new countries up and running takes some time.

Keep playing everybody! They won't be resetting for awhile, if at all.
Old April 12, 2003, 00:00   #513
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 07:42
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Whats your new country's name dmj? It can join the federation too.
Old April 12, 2003, 00:02   #514
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

I'm still playing - and I'm amazed at how quickly Services corps can grow in value. It took only a few days for a Service corp I started to go from being around $1 bn in value to $48 bn.
Old April 12, 2003, 00:25   #515
dudemanjack
Warlord

My service corporations have been going crazy increasing corporation value - I think they might have increased total production in corporations, because my values are all increasing (and I just INCREASED my profit payments by 10%).

Word of warning: don't build too many service corporations as the president of a country, because they use a TON of workers. There are better "profit per worker" corporations out there. I heard clothes, oil, gasoline, and cars are good. I really am not sure which is better. Service is working for me, but maybe other options are better.
Old April 12, 2003, 00:32   #516
dudemanjack
Warlord

Skanky: My two slaves are Revillon, and Moronica no ceos
Old April 12, 2003, 15:11   #517
dudemanjack
Warlord

More War

FINALLY I have been able to declare war on my neighbor. He is no longer a newbie protectorate!

His defense index is 30, and he has NO missle defense, so naturally it is time to pummle a country with nuclear missles, and with every other weapon I have .

I know I said it was time to consolidate, but this is just too good of an opportunity (it is a 9m population country). The only thing that worries me a little bit is that this country USED to be a member of the Yaananian (sp?) federation that I was talking about before, but it's not anymore and I hope it stays that way.

If (when) I conquer this country, there will be only TWO more neighboring countries to Mentop that are not owned by me. Oh what a GLORIOUS day.

In other news, Mentop gets 50,000 people every day from its two slaves (Moronica and Revillon). To all those playing: once you can afford to get an army, get one and take over some countries! It allows you to make your main country SO much stronger. Low level worker shortages? HA! I transfer in 50,000 people per game month.

Another tip which I just started using: To keep your asset rank down, instead of using a tax rate that is "30%, plus 60% profit payment", figure out how much total percentage you are taxing state corporations, then just use that to tax everybody. It keeps (or lowers) corporation value down, but gets you the same amount of money. Don't use this if you want CEO corporations (obviously).

P.S. I changed the name of my country for the duration of the war. If you check the federation member page, I'm sure you can figure it out...

Last edited by dudemanjack; April 12, 2003 at 15:36.
Old April 12, 2003, 20:52   #518
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Oil and gasoline require high investment before they start giving you money back. My oil company when I built is started out with 210B $E debt just from buying inventory.
Old April 12, 2003, 21:01   #519
Skanky Burns

Ok, Revillon and Moronica have been invited to the Apolyton Federation.

Due to inactivity, Kingdom of Wine NO CEO and The Republic of Azazelia are being voted on for eviction.
If they choose to continue playing, they are welcome to return to the federation. However, we don't want our federation clogged up with inactive players.
Old April 13, 2003, 10:01   #520
Giovanni Wine
NationStatesNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 21:42
What a?

I just went to schooltrip and I found myself evicted from the federation?

Can you please invite me back in?, after all it was just a week

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
"In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio
Old April 13, 2003, 19:03   #521
Skanky Burns

Apologies, I though you had ceased playing because of the resets being planned...

Reinvited.
Old April 13, 2003, 20:54   #522
Lonestar
inmate
King

Whoops.
Old April 14, 2003, 15:18   #523
Giovanni Wine
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns

Apologies, I though you had ceased playing because of the resets being planned...

Reinvited.
No problems
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
Old April 14, 2003, 16:16   #524
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 23:42
That's ok guys. I have no problem with that. *waves*

stupid fallout.
Old April 14, 2003, 22:20   #525
dudemanjack
Warlord

Some war news:

I have taken over Lavatsa - 9 million population. I also declared war on Puissant (one of my 3 final neighboring countries).

Funny story about the Lavatsa war - apparently the president "planned his own defense" and placed all his weapons in one random city, so the entire place was undefended (except for the airbase). I only lost 200 anti aircraft batteries for the entire war.

Another thing that I found by my country: the computer country next to me has a defense index of 102! It used to be in the 70's, and keeps growing!
Old April 15, 2003, 10:31   #526
Giovanni Wine
King

Probably the computer just grew smarter and understood you are having him as his next target sooner or later

Saluti
Old April 15, 2003, 18:52   #527
Skanky Burns

So what weapons systems are you using in your invasions?
Old April 15, 2003, 23:03   #528
dudemanjack
Warlord

So far all my wars have been against neighbors. All you really need are a bunch of offensive AA batteries, heavy tanks, and heavy artillery.

I usually attack with 1000 AA batteries on the airbase and it will take out every helicopter and interceptor.

After that, depending on the amount of land forces, I'll either attack the defenses at the military base with a crapload of heavy tanks, or just start using the heavy artillery to take out fortifications (or use bombers if they don't have any AA batteries). Once I take out all the fortifications, I'll send a huge mass of tanks/artillery to take out the military base and the airport.

After that, just heavy artillery on the cities/towns until it's over. My wars have been against very weak opponents, so my losses weren't very big except for my first war when I was just learning the ropes. Against stronger opponents, you may need to use the heavy tanks to destroy more of the land forces, or look for weaknesses in the defense to exploit.
Old April 16, 2003, 01:16   #529
Skanky Burns

I think in if you are attacking a neighbour with ground forces, you can just capture their capital to take over the entire country. That might be worth a try.
Old April 16, 2003, 11:18   #530
dudemanjack
Warlord

Nah, I tried that it doesn't work.
Old April 16, 2003, 14:12   #531
Colon™
Emperor

Local Time: 22:42
I'm happy to announce that the total assets of my country has now passed 1$ trillion.
DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.
Old April 17, 2003, 19:43   #532
dudemanjack
Warlord

Mentop update:

I have conquered another country, "Puissant", soon to be some other name.

I now control five countries.
Old April 18, 2003, 04:46   #533
Skanky Burns

The title of warlord suits you well.
Old April 18, 2003, 16:35   #534
dudemanjack
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns

The title of warlord suits you well.
I'd prefer emperor (If this simcountry thread stays alive, I probably will since I post like 100 messages per week).

I am not attacking any countries for a couple weeks because I have 3 of them that still have war damage, plus taking care of 5 countries can be an enormous pain in the neck.

P.S. Anybody else not able to get onto the site? It keeps saying "www.simcountry.com not found".
Old April 19, 2003, 20:08   #535
Skanky Burns

I couldn't a few days ago. Its working for me now though.
I am currently adding a fourth country to my empire. It is one of my neighbours. The problem with taking over the other countries that are my neighbours is that they used to belong to people from Apolyton or to my brother. But if they aren't playing anymore...
Old April 19, 2003, 23:56   #536
dudemanjack
Warlord

Pretty much all the player run countries I took over were dead accounts, so I didn't feel bad.
Old April 23, 2003, 22:50   #537
Lonestar
inmate
King

Jeebus, I can't even go on leave without being kicked out?
Old April 24, 2003, 01:14   #538
Skanky Burns

Maybe let us know if you are going to take a break and then come back. That way I'll know not to kick you out and your country will be protected while you are away.
Old April 26, 2003, 22:52   #539
Chilean President™
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin Lovers
Deity

In which level are you playing: Golden Rainbow, White Giant, Fearless Blue or Kebir Blue?
Old April 26, 2003, 23:24   #540
Skanky Burns

We are playing on the White Giant world. PM me if you start a country there.