Old March 7, 2003, 18:44   #121
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 23:42
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Ok, people, who are you all? I am the Republic of Azazelia.
Old March 7, 2003, 18:55   #122
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

Local Time: 21:42
A very inspired name
I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom
Old March 7, 2003, 19:25   #123
Lemmy
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 22:42
Corporation for sale!

My enterprise is called "LemCorp Incarnate"

I now own 4 companies, and have a $110 bil debt..
All my companies are making a profit, but it doesn't seem to be enough to get rid of my debt.
So i'm thinking about selling some of my 4 corporations to repay my debt, and slowly earn money with the remaining corporations.

My corporations are:
Armaha Internet 23.09B $E
Bagarat Internet 52.78B $E
Hazu High Tech Services 107.70B $E
Justy Services 24.13B $E

At the moment i'm thinking about selling the High Tech Services corp, and with the cash i have left, i could repay all of my debts, and focus on earning money from the 3 remaing corps.

But how do i sell a corporation? Is anyone here interested in buying my High Tech Services corp?
<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!
Old March 7, 2003, 19:33   #124
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

I'll buy one of them

You could subscribe yourself as a CEO and buy them for yourself, and abandon the company as long you start losing money- I always do that

(whoa my new avatar rocks )
I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom
Old March 7, 2003, 19:40   #125
Lemmy
King

Ok, the High Tech Services corp is yours if you place a bid on it.
Maybe even tonight, but probably tomorrow.
<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
Old March 7, 2003, 19:48   #126
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

I had to bid on Bagarat Internet as I'm already bidding on some of those stupid Boox Backyard's corporations

Asher on molly bloom
Old March 7, 2003, 20:03   #127
Lemmy
King

Hmm, i wish you hadn't because to completely get rid of my debt, i have to sell either the High Tech Services, or the other 3 corps...and the 3 corps make more profit combined then that one High Tech Services.
Old March 8, 2003, 03:46   #128
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 07:42
Local Date: November 2, 2010
If your company's market value increases to above the bid level, the attempted takeover will fail.
Personally, I would just keep the 4 corporations, build them up and slowly get out of debt. You should soon get a 20 B$ bonus which will help, and those sort of companies should continue to make profits.
Old March 8, 2003, 05:05   #129
Lemmy
King

I have tried to keep them, but i think that 20B$ is cheesy, and it seems the interest payments are killing me...i'd rather make a profit now, and start more profitable companies, then wait several more days, and maybe never make a real profit.
Old March 8, 2003, 06:06   #130
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

How's your tax rate Lemmy? Maybe you're just pushing too hard with them

Asher on molly bloom
Old March 8, 2003, 06:34   #131
Lemmy
King

Tax rate? I'm not a president, but a CEO. No tax rate. And my corporations are in countries with the default 30% tax.
Old March 8, 2003, 07:01   #132
Az
Emperor

How do I give out loans?
Old March 8, 2003, 07:44   #133
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

Loans/offer

Asher on molly bloom
Old March 8, 2003, 08:02   #134
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

What loan rates have you borrowed with?
If they are 5% or higher, it might be worth asking for more loans at 4% and then paying off your highest interest loans first. Keep doing this until you are only borrowing at 4%.
Old March 8, 2003, 08:09   #135
Lemmy
King

I've been doing that all the time....it isn't helping much though
Old March 8, 2003, 08:33   #136
Az
Emperor

closed a beans Corp. what's a good corp to start these days?
Old March 8, 2003, 08:41   #137
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

Clothes, cars, gasoline

Asher on molly bloom
Old March 8, 2003, 12:06   #138
Sandman
King

Production plant companies are very good.

Food companies can be good, but the supply and demand tends to fluctuate a lot.

Services are usually profitable, but use up a lot of workers. Also, there are periodic services crashes.
Old March 9, 2003, 06:36   #139
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

Production plants?

An oil mining corp can produce loads of cash but only if you can offer a stable economy and a good trasport system- could be risky as it needs to borrow loans and many many years will pass before you'll come out of the red lines

My war is coming to an end- I guess I'll have to nuke every single city and corp but I will trash them

Asher on molly bloom
Old March 9, 2003, 08:11   #140
Skanky Burns

Oil needs a lot of investment before it becomes profitable.
Production plants never become profitable.

DF: Nuke their capital first - that takes their war index down significantly (although it also unfortunately takes their population down too). Considering that it will be well defended, you might consider removing the defenders first.

EDIT: Crossed out incorrect information.

Last edited by Skanky Burns; March 9, 2003 at 19:32.
Old March 9, 2003, 08:32   #141
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

Skanky- I dropped on their capital and on other 3 cities a total of 12 nukes (3 each) with 100% damage but they keep rebuilding them

I guess I'll destroy corporations, those cannot be repaired once turned to dust

Asher on molly bloom
Old March 9, 2003, 12:16   #142
Sandman
King

My production plant company made 11.6B profit last year. That's good money.
Old March 9, 2003, 14:41   #143
Malleus
NationStates
Warlord

Local Time: 12:42
The nation of Radsu
My students have begun organizing their nation of Radsu.

They are also playing a game I designed called "Bronze Age" where they control Bronze Age empires on a map.

The five students who were most interested took the first letter of their Bronze Age empire to make their nation's name:

R aikan
A gladar
D arsh
S ark
U mbia

They occupy a nation right above my own of Riis in the Draca Mixor continent of White Giant.

Further, one of my students also took his own Bronze Age nation (Hanororn) and used that name to make his own nation on White Giant.

The Republic of Radsu

Their government is ruled by a President and several selected Ministers which make up his cabinet.

The remaining students in the upper elementary make up the House of Representatives.

The current President is James S. He will be president until next Wednesday by special appointment of his people. James is generally regarded as the best politician in the class.

His cabinet is made up of some of the finest minds in Radsu. The cabinet is made of two parts: the Home Ministers and the Foreign Ministers.

The Home Ministry is made up of:
Minister of Human Services: Kevin E.
Minister of Transportation: Brandon B.
Minster of Finance: Robbie E.
Minister of Internal Security: Steve W. (ME, the teacher)

The Foreign Ministry is made up of:
Minister of Foreign Policy: Cody B.
Minister of Trade: Colby K.
Minister of Defense: Mindon W.

The House of Representatives is made of the remaining students. Their Speaker is Colie P. Each Representative represents a city in Radsu. They will each be renaming their cities soon.

Current issues in the House to be discussed are the flag of Radsu, the name of its capitol, and the specifics of electing a new president and his/her cabinet.

Each cabinet member is responsible for their Ministry. As you can see, and from what you know, the Human Services Minister will be busy, as will the Trade Minister (responsible for corporations).

Some notes: The ladies of the class showed little interest in the Simcountry game until I called the whole class into a meeting and explained they now had powers and responsibilities. There may be a shift in power soon, and the all-male cabinet and presidency may be but a memory. But for now, the class is perfectly split: every boy has a position in the government, and every girl is not in the government except as a representative. And they say there is no gender tendencies

We'll keep you all updated as we move on...

K

President of the nation of Riis in W3's SimCountry.
Old March 9, 2003, 15:41   #144
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

How cool

I hope I had such teachers as well, too bad mine was too busy drinking gin hiding behing the desk

Asher on molly bloom
Old March 9, 2003, 16:59   #145
General Ludd
NationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 20:42
What do you teach, Kromwel? My education had a distinct lack of any computer games.

Do It Ourselves
Old March 9, 2003, 19:19   #146
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

VICTORY!

You have won the war against BooX Backyard. After the attack, the president of BooX Backyard is reported to have left the country and a new government approved by Franit Empire has been nominated. On the side of BooX Backyard there were 5867 casualties and 17602 people were wounded. Bokana is very severely damaged. On the BooX Backyard side no weapon losses were reported. On the Franit Empire side no losses were reported.

Well it was about time

Asher on molly bloom
Old March 9, 2003, 19:31   #147
Skanky Burns

Quote:
Originally posted by Sandman
My production plant company made 11.6B profit last year. That's good money.
I stand corrected.
In other news, The Empire has started production of a production plant company.

Thanks for the update Kromwel.

Good to hear Datajack!
How long did you leave between attacks though for them to heal? I captured my country by just constantly attacking (having to wait 6 minutes between each series of attacks).
Old March 9, 2003, 19:34   #148
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

Let's hope that I never happen to become a real president
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	boox backyard.bmp
Views:	11
Size:	259.9 KB
ID:	39264  

Asher on molly bloom
Old March 9, 2003, 19:36   #149
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

I just dropped 10 conventional missiles, 1 nuclear bomb and hundreds of something else on their major cities, industries, airports, everything! The place looks somehow like Germany after WW2

Asher on molly bloom
Old March 9, 2003, 20:24   #150
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

This MUST be a bad joke
Just received this by mail-

We are sorry to tell you are no longer the president of BooX Backyard
in White Giant.

The citizens of BooX Backyard have revolted against you, enraged as they
are by your inability to rule the country properly.
Your password has been revoked.

We want to stress that you are most welcome to become the president of
another country in the Game of the Worlds.

THIS IS NOT THE END!

Asher on molly bloom