Old March 18, 2003, 10:16   #241
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 23:42
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Production Plants, invest in Production Plants!

Another thing, increase the amount of transportation, esp. Railways. It will increase the quality of your product. This is esp. Improtant if you have lots of corporations. ( However, always keep a cost/benefit analysis going in your head, don't get carried away... )
Old March 18, 2003, 10:23   #242
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

Local Time: 21:42
So what does a primary school train?
I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom
Old March 18, 2003, 10:38   #243
Az
Emperor

little morons that I would put down like the sick puppies they are?

I don't know. "Low Level Workers", I think.
Old March 18, 2003, 15:12   #244
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

MEDIUM level workers? Low levels in the real life should represent the peasant masses of workers with no education
I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom
Old March 18, 2003, 16:09   #245
Nikolai
Apolyton UniversityC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 22:42
I've just started a country(sorry not to ask someone here, but I was just too excited on what this was. Haven't played any good online games for some time now.). The country I've been given has a shortage of highschools(200 of 688 needed). I have no teachers available... What should I do?

I also wonder how I use the education priorities. Should the numbers be high or low when giving high priorities? I couldn't see any info on this in the java window... And what happens if I exceed the 120 numbers "limit"?

Thanks!
Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. -Isaiah 41:10
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. - Zephaniah 3:17
Get The List for cIV here!
Old March 18, 2003, 16:12   #246
Az
Emperor

where did you start it? in White Giant?

If not, it's a shame since you won't be able to play with us.

If yes, it's a shame too, because all chances are that you didn't pick "The Republic of Mindao" as your country.

Seriously. I think it's better for you to cancel your presidentship of that country, and take charge over "The Republic of Mindao".

Datajack we'll show you the ropes. There is also a shitload of important information in this thread.
Old March 18, 2003, 16:23   #247
Nikolai
Apolyton UniversityC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 22:42
I started in White Giant. I did not pick that country. I have a friend you see, that wanted to start too, and we're in a federacy together. I seriously doubt he'll be happy if I abadon you.

But if it's allowed to have several countries, I could of course join you too. I've understood that you have several countries if you conquer, so maybe?
Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. -Isaiah 41:10
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. - Zephaniah 3:17
Get The List for cIV here!
Old March 18, 2003, 16:49   #248
Az
Emperor

Well, it's your choice. But I cannot be arsed to actually build an offensive force.
Old March 18, 2003, 19:38   #249
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 07:42
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Azazel
It probably has lots of real shitty indices to scare people from taking it.
Its 20 or so companies are worth a total of 200 B$.
Of course, the potential for that place is huge. Ran properly, it could have a massive corporate worth.

If you don't want to conquer anyone else, an offensive force isn't really necessary. Most other players will leave you alone as you are in a Federation, and our Federation can wack anyone stupid enough to attack us.
Old March 19, 2003, 02:26   #250
Frozzy
PtWDG2 SunshineNationStatesCall To Power SuperLeague
Emperor

Local Time: 08:42
How does one repel the shortages of goods in my country???
Old March 19, 2003, 02:50   #251
Malleus
NationStates
Warlord

Local Time: 12:42
First off, shortages in your country have little effect on the game (something I hope they correct). The worst that can happen is your Welfare Index may go down slightly.

That being said, for most shortages, if you are keen on clearing them, simply put them as an immediate order and wait a month.

Your alternative is to make a trade deal with another player.

M

President of the nation of Riis in W3's SimCountry.
Old March 19, 2003, 03:14   #252
Az
Emperor

Quote:
First off, shortages in your country have little effect on the game (something I hope they correct).
Yeah, and this is REALLY ****ed up.
Old March 19, 2003, 04:41   #253
Frozzy
PtWDG2 SunshineNationStatesCall To Power SuperLeague
Emperor

Local Time: 08:42
Ah... I'll just ignore it then
Old March 19, 2003, 05:29   #254
Az
Emperor

Well, actually, I dunno what you can do about it...
Old March 19, 2003, 18:21   #255
dudemanjack
Warlord

Local Time: 16:42
Mentop War Preperations:

I have decided to skip building up on defense since the country I will be fighting has zero offense.

The military buildup has begun!

Weapons purchased:
450 heavy tanks, 500000 shells
75 heavy armored vehicles, 750 missles
200 heavy jeeps
2000 heavy artillery. 2000000 shells
150 Offensive AA batteries, 1500 missles

I plan on declaring war the second I see that all this has been delivered. It'll probably put my country into a deficit for the budget but with my ~$3 trillion in loans/cash, I will be able to take the hit. I only wish the game months would go faster so I didn't have to wait to start my conquest.
Old March 19, 2003, 21:25   #256
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Just remember that you (and your enemy) have 3 months to wait after war has been declared before attacks can actually take place.

Does anyone know how to make low-level workers, as opposed to medium and high levels? I put my education priorities less than 120, but that just seemed to greatly increase my high-level workers.
I'm currently seeing if selling off 100 schools will help, as I had about 80 more schools than needed.

Sigh. Military build-ups use too many uneducated plebs.
Old March 20, 2003, 02:12   #257
Propaganda
Warlord

Local Time: 13:42
Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns
Just remember that you (and your enemy) have 3 months to wait after war has been declared before attacks can actually take place.

Does anyone know how to make low-level workers, as opposed to medium and high levels? I put my education priorities less than 120, but that just seemed to greatly increase my high-level workers.
I'm currently seeing if selling off 100 schools will help, as I had about 80 more schools than needed.

Sigh. Military build-ups use too many uneducated plebs.
My education priorities totalled are above the 150 limit.

Anyway, I think when I encountered a shortage, I put low-level managers as a main priority, priority equaling 20. Now, I have a huge surplus.

Also, I have never closed anything deliberately. Most of them of my corporations closed because of bankruptcy and lack of workers(I was just starting out). Now, however, I have Corporation Value totalling nearly 100B, whereis before I had only 3B. Good thing.

I realized that I had to sell products at inflated prices to gain a nice profit. Now, it seems, I'm growing pretty well. I hope the growth will be sustained for the while, until the corporations can pay off the loans.

My military index, itself, is low. But I don't have a worry, as my neighbors suffer from total lack of understanding on how to run the game.
Old March 20, 2003, 03:47   #258
Az
Emperor

good luck, Mentop *salutes*

does the other guy has nukes?
Old March 20, 2003, 11:26   #259
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

Skanky- as in the real world, you need to keep some of your plebs at a low-education level in order to prevent them from becoming professionals (anything above low-level); decrease your priorities for teachers, nurses and low-level managers

Asher on molly bloom
Old March 20, 2003, 11:39   #260
dudemanjack
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Azazel
good luck, Mentop *salutes*

does the other guy has nukes?
Nah, it's just a computer controlled country. It DOES have a defense force index in the 90's though...but I checked and it has a lot of crappy weapons and not enough ammo anyway.
Old March 20, 2003, 22:34   #261
Skanky Burns

Some newbie has put a bid on my Traintrack maintenance corporation. Unfortunately all his corps were bough off other people, so I won't be able to counter-bid for around 17-18 months. His country is also new, so I won't be able to crush him like a bug yet either.

I have sent a message to him asking for his bid to be retracted, plus I payed off 30 B$ debt in the company in question, so I am sure that the bid won't succeed regardless.

In the meantime, I am attacking a 13 M pop computer country, Central Talonia. Plenty of potential in that country.
Old March 20, 2003, 23:01   #262
dudemanjack
Warlord

The country I was going to attack was 13m but something must have reset because now it's just a 4m country
Old March 20, 2003, 23:57   #263
Lawrence of Arabia
PtWDG Gathering StormMac
King

Local Time: 12:42
Axis of Weasels - corporation.
Old March 21, 2003, 00:12   #264
Skanky Burns

That is not good.

Well, this nifty utility can let you search for (among other things) a large population country within range of yours to attack.
http://jinson.ath.cx:8012/sc/index.php

That means you will probably have to declare war again, but if you don't want yet another 4m country thats your best bet.
Old March 21, 2003, 03:11   #265
Az
Emperor

holy ****ing ****. THe commodity market for Production plants has collapsed.
Old March 21, 2003, 08:57   #266
VJ
King

Local Time: 20:42
Actually, this thread is pretty interesting. I think I'll join - soon, that is.
Old March 21, 2003, 09:29   #267
Az
Emperor

People, in about a year's time, I a will attack a different country. Will I get your help?

I will start diplomatic talks soon with a couple of a member of his federation ( noone likes him in his own federation, he always goes to war with some of them).

He's got nukes.

Will you help me? It's a shitty country, but It's the only one I can attack, right now. will you help me?
Old March 21, 2003, 11:03   #268
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

Quote:
holy ****ing ****. THe commodity market for Production plants has collapsed.

Told ya

Asher on molly bloom
Old March 21, 2003, 13:17   #269
Az
Emperor

oh, my first "Agressive" rating.
Old March 21, 2003, 13:43   #270
dudemanjack
Warlord

Production plants aren't a bad industry. But they do fluctuate a lot.

Another question: Is there a good/easy way to raise your offensive index? I have more than enough weapons to invade and win, but need more in the index.