Old March 21, 2003, 06:09   #61
CharlesBHoff
Prince

Local Time: 20:47
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Change leader in any country by force is alway a crap shoot as than the dice game. There is than very good change we might get than person than hell alots worst and dangerous than the person in charge now.

The germany general where busy planning coup against Hilter in the 1930' s and alway calling then off in the planning stage. First Hilter has than approval rateing of 98 % plus with the Germany people an with the common soilder
also. Coup arenot carry out against popular leader unless you want than very bloodly coup. The general want than bloodless coup. Even when they want to carry out that coup in WW2 they knew they have to kill Hilter to success.
Old March 21, 2003, 19:20   #62
Palaiologos
Civilization II PBEM
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Janbalk
But SS is hardly current affairs. I assumed St Leo was refaring the post earlier with clearly oversteps.

read that post too fast it seems.

Matias, by "edgy" i meant that they tended to mistreat Soviet POWs more frequently. "Barbaric" also, yes.

Especially as German looses continued to mount, causing anger and resentment against the Russians.
Palaiologos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24, 2003, 10:49   #63
Heresson
Scenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 22:47
They weren't treating occupied Soviet nations worse than Poles, simply because they, especially Ukrainians,
were mostly pro-Germans and were treaten as possible allies. They were also not included into "Great Germany" as Poland.
Heresson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24, 2003, 17:00   #64
CharlesBHoff
Prince

Also the Soviet Union didnot sign the Genva convent which cover how POW must be treated.
Old March 24, 2003, 17:06   #65
Kasperus
Settler

The Poles had the chance to keep a "state" outside Germany. Fortunately (or unfortunately) the Germans didn`t find any Poles willing to collaborate with Germans (even Polish fascist movements were anti-German)

btw, for the non-including of certain graphics you should rather blame the various publishers and not paradox.
Old March 24, 2003, 18:11   #66
Palaiologos
Civilization II PBEM
King

Quote:
Originally posted by CharlesBHoff
Also the Soviet Union didnot sign the Genva convent which cover how POW must be treated.
Really? I did not know that.

Are you certain?

Where did you read that?
Old March 24, 2003, 19:08   #67
Dauphin
Civilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 21:47
Edit - Forget that
Old March 24, 2003, 22:15   #68
ravagon
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 04:47
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Kasperus
btw, for the non-including of certain graphics you should rather blame the various publishers and not paradox.
Actually, in this case it is Paradox to "blame" for the rather ugly flag used by the Reich. As they're based in Sweden however they have no choice in the matter, with depictions of the swastika being illegal.
Its easy enough to fix in any case...
ravagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25, 2003, 06:18   #69
Reinhard-Baer
Chieftain

Local Time: 15:47
Quote:
Originally posted by CharlesBHoff
Well now everything become clear to me because only this way they can justify all the warcrimes they did. Murdering hundreds of thousands polish and German POW. The Russians very even more barbaric and brutal than the Germans. Only a small percentage of Germans get home after the war the majority disappeared in some camps in siberia where they were forced to labour till they die.
Really a regime not worth to exists in the light of humanity I'm really glad the thread of Communism has extinguished in our world today. Disgusting people and disgusting manners. I regret the US had to ally with such barbarians. But in the end free thinking and democracy prevailed above tyranny.
Reinhard-Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2003, 05:02   #70
Janbalk
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by ravagon

Actually, in this case it is Paradox to "blame" for the rather ugly flag used by the Reich. As they're based in Sweden however they have no choice in the matter, with depictions of the swastika being illegal.
Its easy enough to fix in any case...
Well they had, since it only illegal to use it in "political" contexts. However Germany is a big market for Paradox and there it is illegall.
Janbalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2003, 19:41   #71
CharlesBHoff
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Reinhard-Baer

Well now everything become clear to me because only this way they can justify all the warcrimes they did. Murdering hundreds of thousands polish and German POW. The Russians very even more barbaric and brutal than the Germans. Only a small percentage of Germans get home after the war the majority disappeared in some camps in siberia where they were forced to labour till they die.
Really a regime not worth to exists in the light of humanity I'm really glad the thread of Communism has extinguished in our world today. Disgusting people and disgusting manners. I regret the US had to ally with such barbarians. But in the end free thinking and democracy prevailed above tyranny.
The fact that France , germany, Itlaly and USA where singer of the conv. enable jewish soldier to be sent to POW camps instead of Death camp. It was Goering who protect allies jewish POW from the SS who want to either shoot then or sent then to death camp. Goering point out to Hilter since Germany sign the doc and the other name counties sign the doc the mutrate agreement rule apply which state it you treat my POW reasonly well I will treat your POW reasonly well. Hilter issue than standing order to that effect.
Old March 28, 2003, 05:20   #72
Janbalk
Chieftain

Quote:

While I in no way condone USSRs inhuman treatment of POW I want to point out that had Germany won the war it is higly unlikely that ANY Russian POW would have been allowed to go home. If we only consider the earstern front the German treatments of slavic POW was worse than the USSRs.
Janbalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28, 2003, 06:04   #73
Havard
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Oerdin
Since so many Europeans have banned the third reich flag then why hasn't the Soviet Flag been banned? After all more people were murdered by Stalin then by Hitler and Stalin enslaved half of Europe to boot.
In fact, the Soviet flag is banned in some former Warzaw Pact countries like e.g. Hungary, where the swastika, SS symbol, arrow cross (Hungarian fascist symbol) the hammer-and-sickle and five-armed red star all are banned according to article 269 A of the Hungarian penal code (source).

The main difference between the ban in Germany and other countries is that while you can use e.g. swastikas in Games etc. in other countries (on reason that it's for recognizational/historical reasons) there appears to be no such claus in Germany. Hence, to get the game distributed in Germany you'll have to remove all nazi stuff... Silly? I think so, but it's their law...
Havard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29, 2003, 15:21   #74
mactbone
Prince

Local Time: 15:47
Don't they also have a law mandating that all blood be green - so that it's not as "real" (I also heard that it's to make it seem like you're killing zombies and not people...)
-Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"
mactbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29, 2003, 15:44   #75
Palaiologos
Civilization II PBEM
King

Quote:

Sounds like someone has been reading anti-Soviet propaganda........
Old March 29, 2003, 15:48   #76
Dauphin
Civilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

In console FPS and the like? I could believe that, but I don't. It would seem a little odd, if they ever applied such a law to films involving violence.

I've also heard that paintball is not allowed in Germany, but I believe that to be a myth until I bother to check that story out.
Old March 29, 2003, 16:41   #77
St Leo
Scenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 16:47
German Paintball Supplies