Old March 3, 2003, 17:44   #1
Rubin
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV: Multiplayer

Local Time: 22:51
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Command Center $$$ BUG?!?
I don't understand the F3 screen calculations. The total profit or loss rarely reflects my actual income or loss per year.

SIMPLE EXAMPLE:
I have 20 ECs and a yearly loss of 3 ECs
The following year I have 26 ECs... NOT 17!
(note: I haven't killed mind worms or sold anything)

I've tried MANY different things trying to figure it out. In the alpha.txt I tried modifying the maintain cost for different facilities. It works for every facility BUT the COMMAND CENTER.

I might be totally wrong on this, but counting the TOTAL of command centers on PLANET in the example equals 9! So maybe I get 1 EC per command center?!?

What is going on? Is this a bug?

I need some help on this, as I am very frustrated on this matter... I feels a bit like cheating if economy is crucial for my game.

I didn't manage to find an answer browsing through several threads in this forum.

Please help!!!

(I'll gladly elaborate on my problem/calculations if required)
Old March 3, 2003, 17:52   #2
Mongoose
ACDG The Free Drones
King

Local Time: 15:51
Maintenence expense is bugged in SMAC at Thinker and Transcend levels...was corrected in SMAX. IN SMAC, at Thinker, you actually only pay 2/3 of the F3 indicated maintenence. At Transcend, you only pay 1/3.

In addition, and this holds true of both SMAC and SMAX, there is the effect of stockpiling energy. In the turn you complete a facility or a Project, unless you have another item in the build queue, the game will treat the entire turns' net mineral production for the base(s) so completing its(their) build(s) as having ALSO been set to stockpiling energy. If you queue stockpile energy after units, you get the effect upon completion of the units as well.
Old March 3, 2003, 18:15   #3
Rubin
staff

Wow, that was fast!!! Thanks! (Guess I have to play on a lower difficulty... sadly, can't find SMAX anywhere!!!)

The difficulty thing is probaly the issue here, but I'm still puzzled as to why I can't edit the command center options in the alpha.txt - - - but that's a minor problem for me.

Thanks again, Mongoose, for the ultra fast reply.
Old March 3, 2003, 19:14   #4
Mongoose
ACDG The Free Drones
King

Local Time: 15:51
No problem, Rubin.

I would guess that the CC maintenence can't be edited in alpha.txt becuse the maintenence value is variable with your reactor tecnology. Just a guess, though.
Old March 4, 2003, 07:00   #5
Mr. Harley
Prince

Local Time: 16:51
Rubin, if you go over to my recent SMAX for $122.49 thread, you may want to try downloading it from Underdogs. If after you do that you have problems, send me an email and I'll send you the corrupted/missing files via email, as long as they aren't over around 5 megabytes per attachment, I can't remember the limit on my wife's account. Maybe we can work out what's necessary to install it after downloading it. Warning, it's a BIG file, over 100 megabytes. Make SURE you duplicate you SMAC folder before trying this, so we can restore it if it doesn't work. SMAX is an upgrade well worth the effort, even if you only use the original factions.
Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.
Old March 13, 2003, 19:39   #6
Rubin
staff

Aw, I've been offline for a week or so...

I wasn't aware that the CC upkeep was depending on reactor types, and I don't know why it is, but I checked and ... well ... it is! Why is that?!?

Thanks for the offer, shawnmmcc!

Unfortunately my modem is only 28,8!!!!! So, I guess I'll have to 'borrow' some other connection for the download. I've seen a bootleg copy of SMAX, but the voices and stuff were pretty messed up. Maybe the Underdogs-version is ok...

Anyway, I stumbled into another problem with the 'processor not supported' problem. Don't know yet how to pass that one.

Thanks again.
Old March 14, 2003, 15:56   #7
Static Universe
Alpha Centauri Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 14:51
Quote:
Originally posted by Rubin

Anyway, I stumbled into another problem with the 'processor not supported' problem. Don't know yet how to pass that one.
If you're on XP, there's a recent thread which covers this:

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=80054
Old March 14, 2003, 17:36   #8
Rubin
staff

Thanks Static23!

I worked my way out of the problem...