Old March 3, 2003, 19:31   #1
bigfree1

Something New in Combat for MP?
Maybe I'm wrong, but I seem to rember that if I attacked a stack of units, and that stack contained more than one artillary, that ONLY one of the artillary would bombard aginst the attacking unit. If another unit were to attack the same stack on the same turn, the next artillary would take it's turn and bombard that next attacking unit. This would happen up to the number of artillary units in the stack, until the number of attacking units exceeded the number of bombarding units. I could almost swear this is what I've experienced in the past.

What I see now in MP play (post patch) is that 'all' bombarding units will bombard the attacking unit when they attack the stack. The bombarding units will bombard up to the point that either the attacking units health is reduced to one or there are no more bombarding units left with turns.

Old March 3, 2003, 22:44   #2
Fried-Psitalon
Civilization IV: MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormGalCiv Apolyton EmpireCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC4DG Sarantium
Official Civilization IV Strategy Guide Co-Author

Local Time: 15:51
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I believe this is unchanged and was that way in 1.14 and earlier; as a matter of fact I'll bet on that fact. I'm one such person who uses large-scale pulting on defense and they've always worked that way for me.
Old March 4, 2003, 16:00   #3
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

Local Time: 21:51
It is unchanged
I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom
Old March 5, 2003, 15:11   #4
Rommel2D
staff
Civilization III PBEMIron Civers

This must be a vanilla to PtW change, because I'm still waiting on PtW to ship and have never seen this in V1.29f.

Anyone know what the f signifies in the version #? Just the final patch for the program?
Old March 5, 2003, 16:32   #5
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 13:51
Yes. f=final.
Old March 6, 2003, 14:27   #6
Rommel2D
staff

Quote:
Yes. f=final.

Are you certain of that? Or does it just mean the most current? The new patch for PtW is being referred to as 1.21f. Are they going to finalize the program without fixing the mobilization bug? I knew Firaxis was slipping, but I don't believe they'd leave a program already sold to cusotmers in beta status. >:[

If that's the case, at least I think I can still cancel my order.
Old March 6, 2003, 14:36   #7
Fried-Psitalon
Civilization IV: MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormGalCiv Apolyton EmpireCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC4DG Sarantium
Official Civilization IV Strategy Guide Co-Author

I think the "F" refers to the version of the patch? Wasn't it 1.14f, too?

I sure hope they plan on doing a bit more work with MP.... for one thing, auto-bombard doesn't work anymore.... you have to tell things to bombard again every turn.

It'd also be really spiffy if there was a command to say "Everything that bombards in this square, bombard here now."
Old March 6, 2003, 15:55   #8
Rommel2D
staff

Yeah, I see the f in older posts too. This must mean it's the "watershed" patch- 1.14f, 1.15, ...1.19, 1.20, 1.21f?