Old March 4, 2003, 00:25   #1
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Local Time: 15:54
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Location: Even if you don't believe in Jesus he believes in you!
The Politics of Empire
Jeremy watched the ripples roll off of his line as he slowly jerked the bait past the nose of one of the fattest catfish he'd ever seen. He watched the fish's eel-like body sway back and forth as the lure twitched and danced in a slight but deliberate pattern.

This was Jeremy's favorite pasttime, he enjoyed the luring of a creature to it's capture, briefly holding another life in his own hands, and then granting the creature life once more. He was priveleged for a boy his age, not many had their own stocked fish pool in the courtyard of their home, but Jeremy was the nephew to the Emperor, and as thus his leisure time was spent doing EXACTLY what he wanted to do.

Jeremy did not like his uncle much, the strange man was always trying to teach Jeremy about compassion.

"Jeremy," he would say, "when you are the emperor of Rome, always listen to what the senate needs for the people, for they are the voice of the people."

And Jeremy would respond, "but uncle, I've seen the senators bicker and squabble amongst themselves on trivial matters, remember the Orgy last July?"

The uncle would say, "Although I am displeased that such a spectacle took place on a month bearing my name, fights because of gross impotence on the part of old men are not the will of the people, even though several claim that curing said impotence is."

Jeremy would dismiss the conversation then, his uncle always dragged on about what was moral and immoral, it was all crap to Jeremy.

As Jeremy grew older, more and more responsibility was thrust upon him, including a new wife whom he despised because of the men who arranged the marriage.

He could still remember the meeting:

"I thank you Emperor, Rome will not have to worry about a military coup as long as my daughter is heiress to the Empressship."

Jeremy was curious, "What does she look like Uncle?"

"Well, I... uh... I don't rightfully know that Jeremy, why don't you travel back home with our glorious general and meet her?"

"But Uncle-"

"It is settled then!! HAHA! The Prince will come with me!"

------
Teaser... NOT the end of the story.
Old March 6, 2003, 20:03   #2
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 21:54
Looks like it might be interesting, please continue.
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old March 6, 2003, 20:19   #3
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

will update this weekend (hopefully)
Old March 31, 2003, 15:04   #4
Metaliturtle
staff
King

sorry guys ummmm probably tomorrow? I'm not doing much but now I gotta reread to update

anyone got ideas for me?
Old March 31, 2003, 15:09   #5
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 21:54
Well is this intended to be comedy or drama or a mix of the two.
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old March 31, 2003, 20:13   #6
Metaliturtle
staff
King

Honestly, I started writing this after watching Gladiator like 5 times straight, so that kind of mood