Old March 4, 2003, 19:29   #1
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 12:58
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Will there be another term?
Elections happen on the 12th. That's 8 days from now. Can the current administration take us to the "end of the game"? If not, we need to see who wants to stick it out for one more term ... the term that will likely be the "final" term for this glorious nation.

In short -- Thud, unless you want to fight with someone for the final historic Presidency, you might want to throw together several turnthreads in the next few days to get us to the dramatic conclusion.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old March 4, 2003, 22:17   #2
Thud
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNever Ending StoriesC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC4BtSDG Templars
Prince

Local Time: 16:58
I think I agree, Togas. I'm going to hold a cabinet meeting - not a turnchat- to discuss this. If all goes according to plan, we should have a coherent strategy and order placement for winning the game within the next 2 weeks.
Old March 4, 2003, 22:47   #3
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 17:58
I agree.
And then we can start a new one...
Old March 5, 2003, 05:05   #4
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

I'm gonna go back and replay alot of the game.

I'm gonna invade Japan too.
Old March 5, 2003, 06:45   #5
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Mesh, I'm in!
Old March 5, 2003, 07:58   #6
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 22:58
So we will even get a term 10? I'm in... In the meantime I'll build up the navy.

Aidun
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG
Old March 5, 2003, 13:12   #7
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

hi ,

we could start a new one for those who want and continue with the current one , ......

have a nice day
Old March 5, 2003, 13:39   #8
lmtoops
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCiv4 SP Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 14:58
Darn, I was shotting for the 11th term presidency.
Old March 5, 2003, 17:36   #9
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 08:58
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Ooh!

/me 's eyes glint at the thought of the chance of being one of those responsible for ending the game...

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old March 5, 2003, 17:47   #10
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

/me 's eyes glint at the thought of being able to work with MRWIA again...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 5, 2003, 18:48   #11
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

/me 's eyes bug out of his skull at the thought of getting the band back together

Old March 5, 2003, 20:49   #12
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 15:58
/me thinks MWIA's just trying to set ANOTHER record by being the only three-time(!) president.

(j/k)

-- adaMada
Old March 6, 2003, 10:11   #13
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

/me wanders what will the headlines be in the final Jungle Gazette....

E_T
Old March 6, 2003, 10:18   #14
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

/me is surrounded by lunatics.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old March 6, 2003, 14:41   #15
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Thud,

Is that plan in place? Or should a nomination thread be started?

/me raises an eyebrow at MrWIA...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 6, 2003, 19:23   #16
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

* Aggie considers dusting off old uniform and going for SMC*
Old March 6, 2003, 20:08   #17
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Oooo .... I may have to resign from The Court and try to get a role as ceremonial FAM for the final turnchat.

That is, if the current administration doesn't finish before then.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old March 6, 2003, 20:08   #18
Aro
lifer
Emperor

* Aro thinks about the final Worl Map... *
Old March 6, 2003, 21:08   #19
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

So... we're going to try and resurrect Term 3?

GLORIOUS.

Old March 6, 2003, 22:14   #20
Aro
lifer
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt

GLORIOUS.
Agreed. You have my full support, gentlemen.
Old March 6, 2003, 22:20   #21
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

/me looks at the others in shock, then shakes his head and smiles. He thinks that it might be nice to check out his old DM office one more time.....

E_T
Old March 6, 2003, 22:33   #22
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

This next term looks like it could be a real dream team. Almost makes you sad it's just to end the game. Maybe if the UN vote fails I'm wonder if we should do a world tour, starting in tokyo.
Aggie
Old March 6, 2003, 22:36   #23
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Well, we will have Fission....

Old March 6, 2003, 23:26   #24
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

My ISP has been down again for the past 2 days

Glad to be back, though.
Old March 6, 2003, 23:48   #25
WhiteBandit
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Resurrect Term 3?
Hahaha. God!

I'm in.

:P

Actually, public works is thrown in with the DM now. DOH.

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)
Old March 7, 2003, 00:02   #26
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

WB, and others interested, if this all falls through as stated, there will be 3 (hopefully ceremonial) Justice positions needing to be filled as soon as elections are over should some of you not win/run for election...

Or we could just have E_T appoint you as Public Works. Just think, you will be cleaning pollution now instead of clearing Jungle!

Nice to see so many of the Term 3 Ministers still around, though.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 7, 2003, 00:21   #27
E_T
Emperor

I would have him run the PW and maybe a Provence or 2....

/me is actually thinking about this in a serious manner..... SHouts "MEDIC, sedate me, please...."

E_T
Old March 7, 2003, 01:06   #28
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

/me runs over in a medic's outfit and gives E_T some adrenaline.

More enthusiasm, MORE!

Old March 7, 2003, 02:51   #29
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

/me snorts as he awakes wondering if he was dreaming when someone said open seats on the court.
Old March 7, 2003, 04:13   #30
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

hmmm.... During those terms I was the rebel who was clamoring for he overthrow of the monarchy, right? ...

Don't know if you guys want me to take THAT position back

I've been mostly inactive as SMC, but that's been mostly ISP problems (it's been down AGAIN the past 2 days... been stable tonight, though).

I'd love to be around for the last turnchat, though. Would be an honor.

but god only knows if my ISP will work then...