View Poll Results: Which research projects do you want our government to subsidize?
Silksteel Alloys 5 13.51%
Monopole Magnets (w. Sil All) 6 16.22%
Photon/Wave Mechanics (w. Sil All) 0 0%
Mind/Machine Interface 8 21.62%
Biomachinery (w. MMI) 2 5.41%
Organic Superlubricant 6 16.22%
Advanced Spaceflight (w. Org Sup) 5 13.51%
Centauri Genetics 2 5.41%
Centauri Psi (w. Cen Gen) 1 2.70%
Write-in 1 2.70%
Xenobanana 1 2.70%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 7, 2003, 13:44   #1
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 23:10
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Official: our next techs for turnchat 2264 onwards
As War of Art hasn't responded to my PM where I asked to post a tech poll, I am acting in my Alpha Talent duty of
Quote:
*Acting as he deems fit if there is an emergency
and
Quote:
*Posting polls to hear the people's voice
by posting this tech poll, to make sure we have at least some idea what tech research the citizens desire.
Officially this poll will last two days, but in reality it will be until the next turnchat.
It's multiple choice and you have three votes.

As we will probably have to choose two techs this turnchat, possibly even three if we get lucky with some unity pod, artifact or probe action, I have also included techs we can't research now, but which we can after we have researched one of the four basic techs. (I hope I got them all ) If you vote for one of the second-level techs, of course you also have to use one of your three votes on the prerequisite basic tech.

Vote ahead!
Old March 7, 2003, 15:09   #2
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

I just saw someone voted for Monopole Magnets without Silksteel Alloys. Unless we would be able to steal Silksteel Alloys from the Hive in the next seven years or so (which I doubt), that vote is wasted.
Old March 7, 2003, 17:49   #3
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 18:10
mind mac, and superlube. need to get to robotic assembly plants
Old March 7, 2003, 17:57   #4
Cedayon
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Local Time: 16:10
Go mag tubes!
Old March 7, 2003, 18:09   #5
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 18:10
well, magnets *is* on the way to industrial nanorobotics afterall
/me shrugs
Old March 7, 2003, 21:40   #6
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 08:10
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Organic Superlube, Advanced Spaceflight, and MMI.
Old March 7, 2003, 21:51   #7
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 09:10
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
Organic Superlube, Advanced Spaceflight, and MMI.
Exactly. It was you people who voted for war with Yang, not me, ( ) and in the case of fulfilling your best wishes, we need better than what we got to attack and be successful.

I want choppers dammit! Silksteel WILL be stolen from the Hive sometime before our attack force is ready, and then we can upgrade whatever we want to that defence using the Government's vast cash reserves and bulging Economy.

/me is really enjoying being a redneck cigar-chomping General

Remember when my avatar was General Ripper from Dr Strangelove?

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old March 7, 2003, 23:34   #8
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 22:10
Quote:
* MrWhereItsAt is really enjoying being a redneck cigar-chomping General
I know all about it. it's an aphrodisiac.
Old March 8, 2003, 00:27   #9
Cedayon
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Local Time: 16:10
Quote:
Originally posted by Hercules
I know all about it. it's an aphrodisiac.
I *knew* there was something up with all those Gaian handmaidens going down the hall to your office in the Aurora gov't building, I had to install extra soundproofing to get some peace at the Governor's desk.
Old March 10, 2003, 09:22   #10
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 21:10
Sorry guys, I was on holiday last week. I have this thing called work, and they give me this "time off" stuff. I just worked out what its for. And, yes, I still have no home connection. I got your PM this morning Maniac, BTW. Thanks for the reminder.

Have no fears, science poll to come tommorrow. I promise.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old March 10, 2003, 09:49   #11
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Is there a need anymore? This poll has already been done, MMI then Organic Superlube, then we need another poll.

Congrats Maniac, it might not have Adam's great RPing, but we finally have a techpoll that includes ones possible after the initial one

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old March 10, 2003, 10:07   #12
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

I think this poll was for the turn chat we've just had? I'll look at the current save, just to make sure. Expect a poll tommorrow, for the turnchat next weekend. And it will include future techs, somehow, as we're speeding up in tech progression a bit now.

-Jam
Old March 10, 2003, 16:51   #13
Maniac

I made this tech poll with the SMAC tech tree besides me. So to make it easier for you to compile the next poll and see quickly what techs will be available:
We have researched until now:
All levels 5 techs and below.
All level 6 techs except Monopole Magnets (under development) and Photon/Wave Mechanics.
Organic Superlubricant and Adv Ecol Engin.
That's it I think.
Old March 11, 2003, 10:06   #14
Jamski
Deity

Thanks Maniac.
Actually expect the poll tommorrow morning, as the disc I saved it on...

...got left on my desk at home. :dohsmilie:

-Jam
Old March 12, 2003, 03:39   #15
Jamski
Deity

And now its posted here:

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=80285

(I forgot to add "Write in" as an option. If you want to vote "Write in", type "Write In" at the top of whatever you post.)

-Jam