Old March 8, 2003, 19:15   #1
pepi
Settler

Local Time: 21:16
Local Date: November 1, 2010
First Monarch Game (I've been crowned :)
Hi, it's around midnight here in Poland, and it's going to be a long post, so for all of you short-posts lovers: I am sorry

I recently started my first game on Monarch, large map, Egyptians civ. I thought it'd be difficult, since I've only played on Regent so far and haven't got any particulairly good result on it. But I had read some of these forums' threads (yes ) and learned about city-tile-tile-city city placement (what's the abbrev?? ), and, suprisingly enough, it worked
Here's my save, maybe not very skillful (yet English had had really hard time with my War Chariots ), it's really just for beginners and semi-beginners, but I'am still proud about posting it Recently some respected guy in the game published his works about the largest civs in the world, I was really surprised to be first, yet I'm technologically not very advanced. Maybe some better players could suggest best way of progressing from this point/point out some mistakes (if the can read them from the save).
Thats it, thanks for your attention and have lots of joy playing Civilisation 3!!
Attached Files:
File Type: sav egypt.sav (241.8 KB, 12 views)
Old March 8, 2003, 20:10   #2
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 17:16
Glad to hear it is going well. BTW was it PTW or not?
Old March 8, 2003, 20:18   #3
pepi
Settler

No, it wasn't PTW. I'm not really aware of the PTW thing still got to get it here, in Poland What are the main changes in PTW? Is it playabe in Single Player as well as in Multiplayer?
Old March 8, 2003, 20:35   #4
Nor Me
Apolyton University
Prince

You've done well so far. But is it just me or does this map have a very unusual distribution of a certain resource. That could have a very large impact on your future strategy.
If you were in Republic which you can probably trade feudalism to the English for, you would definately be able to out research the other civs. As it is, you should shortly be able to out research the civs you've met in Monarchy.
I don't know why a couple of cities are building Wealth.
Old March 8, 2003, 20:40   #5
BigDork
Prince

Pepi

PtW adds a lot to single player. You get new civs, new improvements, a new wonder or two and best of all, a big AI improvement.

BigD

BigDork's Poll of the Day over at MZO. What Spam Will It Be Today?
Old March 8, 2003, 21:47   #6
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 17:16
The only reason I asked is that in order to know which game to use for the save. No need for people to drop it into PTW if it is a Civ3 game. It sounds like you are in fine shape so I will go on with my Moo3 experiment.
Old March 13, 2003, 22:23   #7
Killazer
Warlord

You need to switch to Republic it will drastically increase your income far outdoing anything you may be saving from unit support. You have a couple luxuries so it shouldnt be a big problem with happiness. You have a bunch of marketplaces going so a switch will be great.

Other than that you need to get more workers going since you only have 5 built you will need to do a lot of infrastructure work.

You should have the game pretty won tho at this point since you have expanded/conquered nicely. Should just build yerself up a little more after finishing off the English then conquer everyone else if you want