Old March 10, 2003, 09:20   #1
g8rengr
Settler

Local Time: 21:23
Local Date: November 1, 2010
XP or SAP2.0 pack crashes
I have played through 2 games (small map) on SAP modded game. (Enjoyed them both). I am about 200 turns into a larger regular game and doing well. This weekend I loaded up my saved game..load was fine, and I was able to move units, change queue etc. But the very first END TURN crashed the game. XP doesn't give much error info. Basically just said CTP2 had to exit, sorry for inconvience, I picked through error report a little but I could not tell much.

Anyway back to point, so I tried to load the AUTOSAVE instead. This still crashed on End Turn. Then back a few saves, still crashed. Then I started a whole NEW game and it crashed as well on the first End Turn.

Im not sure what the problem is exactly, Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there a way to reset some settings for mod like maybe load CTP2 as original, save and exit and then reselect SAP? Im fishing here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-G8rengr
Old March 10, 2003, 10:01   #2
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 22:23
If you havent got Modswapper installed, then install that.

Then start CtP2 with modswapper and "original game", start a game with that play a few turns of the original game, save it etc, then exit the game and start the game with modswapper option "Apolyton Pack! CTP2 the way it should be.", load your game and see what happens. If it still goes crap, then post your save game on this thread in .zip form and ill test it, if it works, then theres a chance something in your installation is corrupt then you might need to reinstall it all.
Old March 10, 2003, 10:18   #3
g8rengr
Settler

I will try as soon as I get the chance. Most likely later this evening. Thanks for the help. I will let you know what happens.

-G8rengr
Old March 10, 2003, 10:38   #4
g8rengr
Settler

Just for some clarification :

I have been using modswapper, and it has been working fine until this weekend. I guess it possible that I started a game maybe with the icon for the regular game instead of modswapper perhaps that corrupted the save game? Im not sure. Also when you say save and exit after a few turns on a regular game, does that mean do something with the Save and Exit button on MODSWAPPER? or just save and exit the game normally after launching from modswapper?

Thanks

-G8rengr
Old March 10, 2003, 14:02   #5
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

Just play a few turns of ctp2 with the original setup (launched from modswapper) then exit and start ctp2 with SAP again (with modswapper). Im not sure what help this will do, if any, but its worth a try, especially if you cant get even a new SAP game to work.
Old March 11, 2003, 06:24   #6
J Bytheway
Call to Power PBEMCall to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by g8rengr
Also when you say save and exit after a few turns on a regular game, does that mean do something with the Save and Exit button on MODSWAPPER?
No, Save and exit on ModSwapper simply means save the CTP2 state to the selected mod, and exit modswapper, so that you can thenlaunch CTP2 directly rather than having to go through modswapper. That's the idea, at least, but Maquiladora's idea is worth a try.
Old March 12, 2003, 15:45   #7
g8rengr
Settler

I just attempted to post a reply with my save game attached and recieved a warning that said it was an invalid file type?

How would I go about attaching a Save game file to the reply?

thanks
Old March 12, 2003, 15:47   #8
Maquiladora
Emperor

If you use winzip or winrar and put it in .zip form itll upload to the forum.
Old March 12, 2003, 16:43   #9
g8rengr
Settler

OK, here is the Save game of the SAP game that keeps crashing. Im not sure if new games will crash as well, I will try that ASAP. Maybe the save game can shed some light on whats up. It could be a faulty install of modswapper although I have played 2 entire games and been playing for weeks with no problems. But please let me know.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip g8rengr.zip (192.6 KB, 1 views)
Old March 12, 2003, 17:33   #10
Maquiladora
Emperor

Well it works on my SAP installation, so it could be a faulty installation somehow, a corrupt installation, or it could be just that save game or just on that particular turn.

Ive attached the save game 1 turn on from the one you posted, see if it works, it could be just something weird. I think that theres something happening in the game that doesnt correspond with your SAP setup though, so try reinstalling ctp2, sap and modswapper if it doesnt work, especially if new games are faulty too.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip ronald-amer-250ad.zip (174.8 KB, 1 views)
Old March 12, 2003, 17:38   #11
Maquiladora
Emperor

Also, im not greatly experienced with winXP, but did you install ctp2 and modswapper with Administrator access? Aparently you need to so it can write specific registry entries that it wouldnt write if you installed as an ordinary user, or something to that effect. Its in the FAQ topped in this forum anyway.
Old March 13, 2003, 08:33   #12
g8rengr
Settler

Thank you Maquiladora.

I will go ahead and try the next turn from there. I think it might be my machine. Maybe a reinstall will work. Shouldn't take too long anyway.

I did install the Modswapper and CTP2 as administrator I did read that before installing.

I appreciate you taking a look. Ill post what happens ina few days. (Im currently moving so Im pretty busy).

Thanks.