View Poll Results: What shall we research next?
Unified Field Theory 0 0%
Photon/Wave Mechanics 0 0%
Organic Superlubricant 0 0%
Advanced Ecological Engineering 0 0%
BioMachinery 1 11.11%
Advanced Spaceflight (after Superlube) 7 77.78%
Probability Mechanics (after Photon/Wave) 0 0%
Xenobanana Bio-Lobotomics 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 12, 2003, 03:33   #1
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 21:33
Local Date: November 1, 2010
OFFICIAL : Science Poll for Turnchat 2272 onwards
So, Ladies and Gentlemen, without futher ado I present my first technology poll as Director of Science. As I'm sure you're all aware I "started" last week, but, as I was on holiday Maniac very kindly covered for me. Many thanks

Now, I believe our busy researchers are getting on with Monopole Magnets at the moment. They may need some time, as I've heard that they're pretty confused as to where exactly the other pole has got to. So the question is : What next?

Well, my researchers have not yet built me a time machine that will allow me to "play ahead" as they call it, so I cannot completely predict the future, but looking at our current level of knowledge seems to indicate that the following possiblities will be coming up in the future. Choose one in the poll above. I'll reccommend the most popular to be researched first, and the second most popular be researched next, if our scientists can go that fast. OK?

Unified Field Theory
A big favorite of all Ursula Le Guin fans, this will make it possible to join all our little fields into one big field. So we can grow lots of rice. It will also allow the Theory of Everything to be built. Which is kinda nice. (Only a theory, mind)
Oh - and a very nice gun too, that we can use to kill people. (Attack 12)

Photon/Wave Mechanics
This will give us tasty level 5 armour. It will also lead to even better protection, I hear, with level 6 armour and Tachyon Fields the logical extension. Something to do with light refraction, I'm told.

Organic Superlubricant
Umm, we have this already. Don't vote for it.

Advanced Ecological Engineering
We also have this already. So don't vote for this either.

Biomachinery
Borges said,
"Mirrors and fornication are to be despised, as both multiply the number of humans."
We can add a third with Biomachinery, as it will let use cloning to increase our population growth. Also leads to Homo Superior, which is good only for a cheap giggle. And Nanohospitals.

Xenobanana Bio-Lobotomics
Several of our most prominent researchers believe that it is possible to completely remove someone's frontal lobes, and replace them with a nice healthy Xenobanana. Vote for this option only if you want to fund this essential research into Counterstrike players, PTW designers and MoO3 beta testers. Their families will, of course, be well cared for.

As Organic Superlube is looking good (and doesn't it always?) then it may be possible that we can follow it with Advanced Spaceflight. So I'm adding that to the poll too. A vote for Advanced Spaceflight would have been a de facto vote for Superlube,(if we didn't have it already) with the possiblity, of course, that it's not available to choose from. For the same reason I'm adding Probablity Mechanics, which is a vote for Photon/Wave Mechanics, again with the chance that... blagh, I'm sure you've all got it by now. In the case of a tie, I have 1 vote too, and I vote that you don't wear it with that shirt.

Choose wisely.

-Jam

(Edited to remove things we've already researched/make more of a mess of this poll)
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Last edited by Jamski; March 12, 2003 at 03:49.
Old March 12, 2003, 03:42   #2
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 08:33
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Um... we already have Advanced ecological Engineering and Organic superlube.
Old March 12, 2003, 03:45   #3
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Piss. I knew I was doing something wrong.

I'm Editing now.

-Jam
Old March 12, 2003, 04:29   #4
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 08:33
Anyway, I vote advanced spaceflight. We'll be able to build Orbital Power Transmitters and Plasma Shards
Old March 12, 2003, 04:31   #5
Jamski
Deity

There was a good joke about Plasma Shards, but I edited it out. It followed on from the Superlube entry...

-Jam
Old March 12, 2003, 08:42   #6
Cedayon
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Local Time: 16:33
Energy Satellites... *DROOL* ... oh, sorry, I'll clean that up

Shards'll give Yang something to think about, too.

Are we doing much on the chopper production front, btw?
Old March 12, 2003, 08:47   #7
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 09:33
/me want shard.

/me want shard!

/me WANT SHARD!

Brought to you by "Grog want Tank!"

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old March 12, 2003, 09:23   #8
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 23:33
I voted Xenobanana Bio-Lobotomics. As we're probably going to research more than one tech the next turnchat, I really think a multiple choice poll is in order.
Old March 12, 2003, 09:27   #9
Jamski
Deity

The second most popular choice will be reccommended to be researched second. Also its kind of hard to tell what we'll be offered to research without playing ahead. And I won't do that, so you're invited to choose from what we can expect.

-Jam
Old March 13, 2003, 14:14   #10
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 23:33
Quote:
The second most popular choice will be reccommended to be researched second.
That's kind of hard when everyone votes on the same tech. I really doubt the odd one out that chooses something else than Adv Spaceflight is a good indicator for what everyone wants to research as the second choice.

Quote:
Also its kind of hard to tell what we'll be offered to research without playing ahead.
Not necessary. Just look on the tech tree chart for the possibilities.

I guess we'll have to quickpoll during the chat.