Local Time: 23:35
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Darius871
Bumpity bump bump
nothing more to add
Old June 5, 2003, 06:34   #122
FiGu
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Grozny was recaptured.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip soviet_1942apr.zip (92.9 KB, 3 views)

Comrade Patiskov Figiskovsky serving as Commander of the 2nd Ukranian Front and Member of the Stavka in RF DG!
Current Medals: Valiant Labour Medal and Order of Glory and IRC medal
Old June 5, 2003, 12:08   #123
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Local Time: 16:35
Burma Road Secured!

The battered remnants of Mandalay's garrison surrender to the Japanese onslaught.

After months of artillery bombardment, the encircled Mandalay has finally fallen to Japan. Imperial troops have finally cut off Allied support to China once and for all.

Stalemate on Mindanao

Veteran cruiser Mikuma fires more shells onto the garrison of Davao, to no avail.

Aspirin is distributed at the Imperial General Staff HQ for the headaches the Americans are causing in the southern Phillippines. Our best ground and naval equipment has already been moved to India and Australia, under the assumption the surrounded Davao would fall easily.

However, after months and months, the brave (but stupid) Yankee troops there still hold on, fortified in the hills surrounding the port. By the time our ships can repair the damage from destroying a unit there, the Americans have already built replacements! Heavy bombers have been dispatched to the area.

Southern Task Force takes Guadalcanal!

Imperial Marines survey hundreds of dead Americans along Edson's Ridge.

Japanese troops have landed on Guadalcanal unimpeded, as the island's garrison was wiped out weeks ago by our bombers and naval guns. Henderson Air Force Base will be very useful in our upcoming operations against Australia.

The Japanese superman will rule the East soon enough!
Attached Files:
File Type: zip japan_apr_1942.zip (95.2 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Darius871; June 6, 2003 at 13:30.
Old June 5, 2003, 14:47   #124
jim panse
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

my f***** computer wonīt let me download the file, could you please send it via email to me (steph_sander@hotmail.com)? thanks in advance
Old June 5, 2003, 16:17   #125
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Sent, good luck!
Old June 6, 2003, 03:02   #126
jim panse
King

I forgot to change the game files, sorry for the delay. Posting the turn soon.

Last edited by jim panse; June 6, 2003 at 11:43.
Old June 6, 2003, 03:43   #127
sas
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 21:35
The Brits can hardly wait for the start of "Operation Rabbit"
Old June 6, 2003, 03:59   #128
FiGu
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

*begging the allies to open a new front!*

Please.... im about to die..... please...

BTW. Darius aren't thoose dead soldiers japanese? and thoose who are watching americans?

EDIT: And Also, when did the last weapon convoy arrive to Murmansk? i thought it was a few months ago that happened.

Comrade Patiskov Figiskovsky serving as Commander of the 2nd Ukranian Front and Member of the Stavka in RF DG!

Last edited by FiGu; June 6, 2003 at 04:05.
Old June 6, 2003, 09:09   #129
jim panse
King

Quote:
Originally posted by FiGu

*begging the allies to open a new front!*

Please.... im about to die..... please...
This will change nothing. Victory IS ours!
Old June 6, 2003, 11:01   #130
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by FiGu
BTW. Darius aren't thoose dead soldiers japanese? and thoose who are watching americans?
Yeah, I specifically chose it for the irony, and to see if anyone'd notice. Did you look at the URL or something?
Old June 6, 2003, 11:05   #131
FiGu
Prince

Quote:

Yeah, I specifically chose it for the irony, and to see if anyone'd notice. Did you look at the URL or something?
I looked at the URL and it said :Japanese_dead_on_Edsons_Ridge.

Old June 6, 2003, 11:11   #132
FiGu
Prince

And i saw it on their Uniforms.. they seemed alot to be japanese.

Old June 6, 2003, 13:09   #133
jim panse
King

VICTORY ON ALL FRONTS!
BERLIN/VIENNA - This month saw another series of astonishing victories over our enemies!

EASTERN FRONT:
The Army of the East fought very, very brave this month and was able to liberate vast areas from the Bolshevists!
- In the North of the front the Army Group North ended the siege of LENINGRAD with the formal capitulation of the besieged city. In a joint attack of the Heer, the Luftwaffe and the Marine infantry of the 18th Army marched through the city and held a small victory parade on the banks of the Neva.
After smashing the last great bastion before the allied supply lines Murmansk and Arkhangelsk are expected to fall only weeks later.
- In the middle of the front the glorious troops of the Army Group Center captured the cities of Gork[r]y [spelling mistake] and Kazan and secured the Volga Line.
- After days of close-quarter fighting the amries of the Army Group South were able to capture the remaining citadel of Bolshevism, STALINGRAD! In the bloodiest battle of the entire war against the Soviet Union our troops suffered some losses but this wonīt bother us anymore - the 6th Army conquered this that important city.
The next goal would be Astrakhan - but first we need to fight the large Soviet counter-offensive in the steppe eas of Stalingrad.
- Only days after the loss of Grozny the Army Group Caucasus recauptured the "Door of the Caucasus" causing again huge losses to its Soviet defenders.
Now the road to Baku with its rich oil wells lies wide open for the Wehrmacht.

WESTERN EUROPE:
Cherbourg and Amsterdam have been cleaned of these few Allied troops. Our infantry has also destroyed a cruiser of the Royal Navy in the harbour of Cherbourg. In his headquarter in Paris Field Marshall Model also ordered his troops along the french coast to stay alert. Intelligence indicates that an Allied assault on the Fortress Europe is imminent. This caused massive troop movements from all over Europe to reinforce the Army of the West.

MEDITERRANEAN SEA/NORTHERN AFRICA:
Antoher decisive victory over our enemies took place in Northern Africa! Led by General Rommel the Army Group Africa has captured ALEXANDRIA, CAIRO and SUEZ. The Führer sent some additional troops to the area former known as British-Egypt and the Marshall Staff to Rommel, awarding him Field Marshall. Rommel said that the British occupation of Theran is not important because his troops will be in Baghdad before summer. Only small pockets of resistance remained in Egypt and after the fall of Suez the United kindgom is forced to ship its reinforcements via the Cape of Good Hope.

ATLANTIC OCEAN:
Our submarine fleet has shot down an American bomber off the Bahamas.

Victory will be ours - in the end!
Attached Files:
File Type: zip 3rdreich_april1942.zip (89.2 KB, 2 views)
Old June 6, 2003, 13:32   #134
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Re: VICTORY ON ALL FRONTS!
Quote:
Originally posted by jim panse

ATLANTIC OCEAN:
Our submarine fleet has shot down an American bomber off the Bahamas.

WHAT? You can't shoot down bombers with submarines!
Old June 6, 2003, 14:11   #135
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 17:35
Re: Re: VICTORY ON ALL FRONTS!
Quote:

WHAT? You can't shoot down bombers with submarines!
German U-Boats are all POWERFUL!

Seriously how did this happen? I didn't think you could physically do that?
Old June 6, 2003, 14:14   #136
jim panse
King

Re: Re: Re: VICTORY ON ALL FRONTS!
Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25

German U-Boats are all POWERFUL!

Seriously how did this happen? I didn't think you could physically do that?
I dunno, I just moved my sub and - voilā - I shot down the bomber. Maybe a bug?!?!?

You guys should really admire my victories, not think about how a sub shot down your bomber. German subs had some 4x2mm AA Guns too ....... so: STop wondering
Old June 6, 2003, 14:20   #137
FiGu
Prince

Re: VICTORY ON ALL FRONTS!
Quote:
- Only days after the loss of Grozny the Army Group Caucasus recauptured the "Door of the Caucasus" causing again huge losses to its Soviet defenders.
Now the road to Baku with its rich oil wells lies wide open for the Wehrmacht.
hmm i had only one red infantry defending the city..

Old June 6, 2003, 14:22   #138
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Re: Re: Re: Re: VICTORY ON ALL FRONTS!
Quote:

I dunno, I just moved my sub and - voilā - I shot down the bomber. Maybe a bug?!?!?

You guys should really admire my victories, not think about how a sub shot down your bomber. German subs had some 4x2mm AA Guns too ....... so: STop wondering
jim relax Darius and I playtested this to death. I didn't think U-Boats could attack Aircraft. (the fighter flag wasn't supposed to be there.)

Anyway we need to talk to Pap and ask him.
Old June 6, 2003, 14:26   #139
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Re: Re: Re: Re: VICTORY ON ALL FRONTS!
Quote:

To quote Exile: Does ANYONE ever read the readme files?

Dude, offensive land and sea units are given the fighter flag in this scenario so that they can attack stacks of ground units which are covered by airplanes. This is because without the flags, such stacks are impossible to attack. Attacking single planes with non-fighter units is of course not allowed.

This was clearly described in the readme:

Quote:
Why can all units attack air units?

We noticed through some of the testing that stacks of bombers and tanks, especially in the late war years, were impossible to destroy with regular fighter planes. Because the air unit was on the same square as the other ground units, only a unit that was flagged with the “can attack air” flag was allowed to attack. By giving every unit in the game the same flag to attack air units, it solved the problem of invincible stacks. Now the downfall of course is that air units can be shot down by regular ground units. I have made a house rule, that only fighters can attack air units that are not stacked with another unit. That way, when bombers attack deep into the Reich, or German bombers attack deep into Russia, they must be shot down with fighters.
Not to mention shouted in the civilopedia entries:
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	stack.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	47158  

Last edited by Darius871; June 6, 2003 at 14:42.
Old June 6, 2003, 14:27   #140
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: VICTORY ON ALL FRONTS!
Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25

jim relax Darius and I playtested this to death. I didn't think U-Boats could attack Aircraft. (the fighter flag wasn't supposed to be there.)
Um, yes it was supposed to be there. Otherwise air-protected ships would also be invincible; the same concept applies.
Old June 6, 2003, 14:30   #141
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Got it thanks for reminding me Darius.

jim like myself probably wasn't paying enough attention!
Old June 6, 2003, 14:33   #142
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

So the only question is: Jim, have you used ground, naval, or bomber units against planes in the air before? If it was just this one time or maybe just a few times, I guess we can play on and just consider this a warning, since you didn't know. Now that everybody knows about it, if anyone does this from now on it is technically cheating.
Old June 6, 2003, 14:51   #143
jim panse
King

Quote:
So the only question is: Jim, have you used ground, naval, or bomber units against planes in the air before? If it was just this one time or maybe just a few times, I guess we can play on and just consider this a warning, since you didn't know. Now that everybody knows about it, if anyone does this from now on it is technically cheating.
I only used fighters against planes in the air but I used bombers for bombing some cities and ground/naval units attacking cities too. I cannot imagine this could be cheating.

And for the thing with the sub - I didnīt know and I apologise fot doing it that way.
I wasnīt paying attention and moved my sub northwards. I never thought that my sub could shoot down an aircraft in flight.
Old June 6, 2003, 15:20   #144
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Quote:

I only used fighters against planes in the air but I used bombers for bombing some cities and ground/naval units attacking cities too. I cannot imagine this could be cheating.
Of course not, it's cheating only against individual air units.

Quote:

And for the thing with the sub - I didnīt know and I apologise fot doing it that way.
I wasnīt paying attention and moved my sub northwards. I never thought that my sub could shoot down an aircraft in flight.
It's fine, as long as it was just that once we can play one.
Old June 6, 2003, 16:27   #145
yop73
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

Local Time: 22:35
Quote:
Now that everybody knows about it, if anyone does this from now on it is technically cheating
Darius, you should be careful with what you define as cheating. I'll illustrate it with this example.

Suppose someone accidentally shoots down an airplane with a submarine and he has also conducted a major offensive the same turn.

Off course, he didn't save before every unit he moved (he didn't reload) and he suffered heavy losses in the attack. His last save is just the turn he downloaded (as said, he didn't reload). What should he do?

If he posts the game, you would consider it cheating. But if he reloads, his results will be different and he has been reloading and that technically also cheating.

So an accident suddenly becomes cheating, no matter what. That's not correct I think.
Old June 6, 2003, 17:18   #146
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by yop73

Darius, you should be careful with what you define as cheating.
Well first off I'm not just brazenly declaring this; Steve, Pap, sas, and I all agreed to adding the fighter flags back in creation, and to have a house rule. Intentionally breaking a house rule is cheating; I don't know how it could be called anything else.

Quote:
Originally posted by yop73

If he posts the game, you would consider it cheating. But if he reloads, his results will be different and he has been reloading and that technically also cheating.
The problem with the example is that reloading isn't cheating. Apparently everyone here decided that's A-OK. So he can either reload the turn, or just post the file and say 'Btw (player), I accidentally shot down your plane with my sub, and didn't want to redo the turn. My bad, I'll be more careful from now on.' Problem solved.

And again, it's not just me considering intentional attacks cheating. The house rule is in the readme, and is a part of the scenario.

Last edited by Darius871; June 6, 2003 at 17:25.
Old June 7, 2003, 04:51   #147
jim panse
King

2 things I want to say ....
(1)
Quote:
I accidentally shot down your plane with my sub, and didn't want to redo the turn. My bad, I'll be more careful from now on.
(2) Could we please game on?
Old June 7, 2003, 05:55   #148
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Of course, but it's only been 17 hours.
Old June 7, 2003, 06:09   #149
sas
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 21:35
bump for Choke
Old June 7, 2003, 06:36   #150
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

An illegal, immoral, and unethical BUMP!