Local Date: November 1, 2010
Oops....
Old October 17, 2003, 17:44   #32
Stuie
King

Local Time: 17:36
Can you say..... EXPLOIT.

Stuff like this just rubs me the wrong way. The AI could never keep up with human exploits like this. They should not allow the capital city to be disbanded. Period.
Old October 17, 2003, 19:26   #33
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
Sooo.... that's a pretty strong vote against this being a Must Read.

I have to say, I've never really done this kind of Palace jump (I just use GLs), so I am ambivalent. The technical details, however, are quite deserving.
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Old October 17, 2003, 20:07   #34
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 16:36
Yeah, I would never do this by hand either. either build outright or GL for me as well.

Now in a human game, it would be fair game. Frankly doing this against the AI is a bit of overkill I would say. But figuring out the formula does appeal to a problem solving personality.

Wonder if this formula will have to be revised in Conquests.
Old October 17, 2003, 20:44   #35
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 15:36
Its possible, the RCP system is out in Conquests so they have may have tinkered with the Palace Jump calculation as well.

Not that thats bad, it kinda makes you have to rethink all you strategy and makes the game more interesting.
Old October 27, 2003, 06:58   #36
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 09:36
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Thanks for this bump - am just about to try it!

I am the Romans. I started on a long thin area of continent, and have just conquered the Carthaginians North of me, who had more of a circular area of very good land. I want to put the FP/Palace smack in the middle of their lands, but they are of course hopelessly corrupt and I did nopt get a single GL from 23 Elite Legion victories against them! The Egyptians are right there, but their military is Average to mine, and I have not yet fully re-establsihed my scattered army. Besides, I see a lot of their huge land area is tundra, so I can edge them out Industrially etc if I can only get a FP/Palace in Carthage's lands. So, I am going to try this out.

Will let you know hoe it goes. Am about to depopulate my Palace core and build Aqueducts in the flood plain rich Carthaginian homelands.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old October 27, 2003, 07:29   #37
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Probably it would be better to jump the palace into the old carthage lands.

Dominae said yesterday at ISDG that the FP doesn't work like the palace ofr corruption.

Not sure how it works but it sounds like having your palace up in old carthage is the way to go.

Now Im wondering how the FP works?

But that should be another thread.
Old December 6, 2003, 01:48   #38
badams52
King

Local Time: 13:36
Very interesting, but I do have 1 question about this, would it be possible for the palace to jump to the city with the FP? I'd really hate to have to decrease pop in my FP or drastically increase pop in the city I want my new capial in.
Old December 6, 2003, 01:52   #39
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by badams52
Very interesting, but I do have 1 question about this, would it be possible for the palace to jump to the city with the FP? I'd really hate to have to decrease pop in my FP or drastically increase pop in the city I want my new capial in.
I am pretty sure that it won't jump to the FP city.
Old December 6, 2003, 01:54   #40
alexman
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization IV CreatorsInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV PBEMApolyCon 06 Participants
Firaxis Games Software Engineer

Sure it's possible. I've had it happen (appropriately enough, when DaveMcW himself razed my capital in a PBEM! )
Old December 6, 2003, 01:56   #41
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 15:36
Quote:
Originally posted by badams52
Quite often, that seems to be the computer's favorite choice for the new palace location.
Old December 6, 2003, 02:09   #42
badams52
King

Local Time: 13:36
Thanks alexman. Good to know.
Old December 6, 2003, 03:28   #43
asleepathewheel
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by alexman
Sure it's possible. I've had it happen (appropriately enough, when DaveMcW himself razed my capital in a PBEM! )
In retrospect, my answer was horribly off.

I mean, what happens if you only have two cities?

sigh, should think that through more logically.......