Old March 12, 2003, 22:18   #1
ZargonX
PtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 MorganC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyCon 06 ParticipantsBtS Tri-LeagueApolyton UniversityPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's Union
Emperor

Local Time: 17:38
Local Date: November 1, 2010
1.14 Patch
Anyone know where I can get the 1.14 US patch from anymore? The Civ3 site and Infogrames site both no longer have it available. I had to reinstall, but I can't go up to 1.21 because of some ongoing PBEM games. Any help would be much appreciated!
Old March 12, 2003, 23:02   #2
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 14:38
Zargon, I have a copy of the patch that I can send you. I've sent you a PM requesting your email address for this puropse.
Old March 13, 2003, 10:19   #3
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Well, I've tried sending you the patch - but it's just too large (9.33MB)...does anyone have any ideas as to how I can send this patch to Zargon?
Old March 13, 2003, 10:28   #4
bongo
lifer
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafPtWDG Neu DemogypticaCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeIron CiversC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 22:38
Many email systems have restrictions on message-size. 5 or 10MB are common. There may also be limits on mail-box size.

Try splitting it in smaller parts. I've used a program called gsplit. You can find it on http://www.gdgsoft.com/
Old March 13, 2003, 15:34   #5
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Thanks for the advice bongo! I was finally able to send Zargon the 1.14 patch using GSplit (had to divide the actual patch into 10 - actually 11 with the executable file - pieces to get the data through Zargon's ISP).

Hopefully Zargon will let us know if the patch works correctly after its disection!

Thanks Again for the link to GSplit
Old March 13, 2003, 15:46   #6
minke19104
Warlord

Local Time: 21:38
actually the day the patch came out, the main Civ 3 site still had 1.14 on, not 1.21f :P