Old April 13, 2003, 08:36   #31
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 23:47
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I'm quite a peaceful man, and I normally go to war only to increase my industrial ability, i.e I want to conquer good cities to make them even better. I try to minimize Civilian deaths because less civilians = less wealth. But I starve cities to avoid culture flips.

The only time I go amok on the AI is when it has made me angry. In one of my latest games (Marla's map), the quite faraway Zulus wanted to cross my territory to go to China. Knowing Shale, I thought he'd want to attack me in the process, so I asked him to leave. He declared war to me, for the second time in ~ 10 turns. I wanted to get rid of this faraway rabid dog, so I razed all his cities
Doing such a genocide was somehow a relief
Old April 13, 2003, 12:26   #32
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Pingu:
How about sitting 30+ artillery (with infantry of course) on a mountain, in range of their biggest city, turn the battle animations off, and hit b then mouse, then b then mouse then b then..... you get the picture.

20 seconds, and that size 27 city, is now size 3 and utterly crippled. Helps stops revolts later on too. Sadly, sometimes this does take two turns.

Hmmmm ethnic cleansing. Great stuff (in Civ).

Pingu:

hi ,

okay , it helps , but what about the buildings that are destroyed , ...... not to speak about the workers and settlers you just have blown to "kingdom come" , .....

have a nice day
Old April 15, 2003, 16:05   #33
Chemical Ollie
King

I would call a capitol razing a kick in the nads rather than a slap in the face...
Old April 15, 2003, 16:53   #34
Krayzeenbk
Chieftain

Local Time: 16:47
When I get sick of offense and bothering with long war turns, and the weak enemy won't come to the negotiating table, I just bombard every single improvement within range of my artillery and battleships, also bombing every city and every piece of territory I can reach from carriers and airbases. Good fun A whole country of size 1-3 cities and no trade network
Blah!
Old April 15, 2003, 18:18   #35
justjake73
Prince

Local Time: 16:47
I really hate when the AI declares war on me, I attack him and he goes bawling to his MPP partner.

"(sniff) well..like..we declared war on them...and then they attacked us!!! WAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!"
and in the darkness bind them.
Old April 15, 2003, 21:50   #36
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Local Time: 15:47
Spiff
You're going over to the dark side. Admit it! Building Libaries with your Lego bricks isn't as fun as it was the first time now, was it?
Old April 16, 2003, 13:24   #37
Flanker
Warlord

Local Time: 22:47
Ok, I did these following things in CivII, but they were rather funny anyway:
When you got engineers, those guys could terraform terrain, remember? So, I went in into enemy territory with an army of engineers protected by defence units and terraformed each of their terrain squares with good production. That also destroyed the improvements done in these squares if I remember right.
Also, when playing as fundamentalist, I swarmed enemy territory with those fundamentalist soldiers. I surrounded each of their cities and blocked every square so they couldn´t produce anything!
Yea, those were the days... Sorry about talking about CivII, but I recall you could do more fun things as mentioned in that game.
Old April 16, 2003, 17:02   #38
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Olaf Hårfagre
I would call a capitol razing a kick in the nads rather than a slap in the face...

hi ,

, but burning it with a wonder tends to get the AI's attention , ....

have a nice day
Old April 17, 2003, 21:41   #39
johncmcleod
Prince

Local Time: 13:47
I went to war with Egypt in the mid modern age this one game. Thebes, the capital, was on the coast. I nuked it, then had a destroyed and battleship bombard it each turn. This went on for a very long time. Their population went from 27 to 1, and I destroyed everyone improvement except for the palace, hospital, and its two wonders.
"The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau
Old April 18, 2003, 10:17   #40
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by johncmcleod
I went to war with Egypt in the mid modern age this one game. Thebes, the capital, was on the coast. I nuked it, then had a destroyed and battleship bombard it each turn. This went on for a very long time. Their population went from 27 to 1, and I destroyed everyone improvement except for the palace, hospital, and its two wonders.
hi ,

what a waste , .....

you could have sold those things when building settlers or workers for your own , ...

have a nice day