Old March 20, 2003, 18:59   #31
Verto
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildNationStatesMac
King

Local Time: 16:49
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
That was my first Civ 3 nuclear war, and I really enjoyed it.
You've taken your first step into a larger world.
Old March 20, 2003, 23:30   #32
pedrojedi
Prince

Local Time: 18:49
Sometime I'll try that as well! When my games start to get there... I always win/lose before having nuclear missiles.
Old March 21, 2003, 11:30   #33
badams52
King

Local Time: 13:49
Wycoff, how's the global warming coming? Wait till your land is all deserts and your cities start to shrink, except those on flood plains.
Old March 21, 2003, 11:52   #34
Spec
Emperor

Local Time: 21:49
I rarely use nukes because you are immediatly hated by other nations. What I usualy do when I want to nuke some civ, I declare war on them, then I get a military alliance with every civ I can vs the one I want to nuke and them nuke them. This way I keep the other civs polite or annoyed with me ( exept those that are close to the civ that is being nuked). Sometimes one or 2 civs that I'm allied with and that have nukes nukes the enemy with me.
But be careful, when you nuke a common enemy, dont hit your allies units in the range, I did that once....your rep will be lost for the rest of the game since you attacked an ally...by mistake.

Spec.
Old March 21, 2003, 14:31   #35
Wycoff
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by badams52
Wycoff, how's the global warming coming? Wait till your land is all deserts and your cities start to shrink, except those on flood plains.
I'll let you know when my game is over. I'll post a screen shot of 2050. I have hundreds of workers, so hopefully I can clean up the pollution before it destroys the world.
Old March 21, 2003, 14:33   #36
Wycoff
Prince

Besides, global warming would be worth the price of taking out those damn Persians. They were the dominant force the whole game, because they conquered their whole continent by about 1450 and were trying to bully my continent. They were demanding things from me all game, and they finally got their reward.
Old March 21, 2003, 14:47   #37
Verto
King

Quote:
Besides, global warming would be worth the price of taking out those damn Persians. They were the dominant force the whole game, because they conquered their whole continent by about 1450 and were trying to bully my continent. They were demanding things from me all game, and they finally got their reward.
My kind of diplomacy!
Old March 21, 2003, 14:47   #38
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Local Time: 15:49
The last nuke war I remember, I was still a n00b and basically ****ed up. I only used 3 or 4 ICBMs at a time, so once I hit the enemy, they were still very powerful, able to recover, and then all the nations of the world declared war on me. I lost my colonies and had to retreat to my home continent (which I did have all of, by the way.)

But I've learned better now. The next game I'm still in by the time nukes are around, and I need them..
Old March 21, 2003, 18:18   #39
Unconquered
Warlord

Local Time: 15:49
Nuclear Exchange
This was the world as it looked on my last turn before a diplomatic victory on Emperor... At this point I had had three failed votes for the UN leader . I was allied with the Mongols (yellow), I was the Romans (white). The enemies were Aztec (green) and America (Blue, not shown). I destroyed America the turn before this one and two turns before the UN vote. On the next turn after this I was voted the UN leader.

As for the nuclear exchange, this happened over the course of 4 turns with nukes used by America and Rome. This may not look like a lot of damage, but this is a tiny map with only 300 land squares. There are approximately 60 squares polluted by the nukes (about 1/5th of all the land).

But like I said, after I eliminated those pesky Americans I sat atop the world as ruler of the new global democracy, the Aztecs were subjugated to a third world nation... and the Mongols became my yes men. Muwhahahaha... The new world order has arrived via nuclear conflict...
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	nuclearwar.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	40279  
Old March 21, 2003, 18:36   #40
Verto
King

Re: Nuclear Exchange
Quote:
Originally posted by Unconquered
This was the world as it looked on my last turn before a diplomatic victory on Emperor... At this point I had had three failed votes for the UN leader
I would've nuked the ingrates after the first failed vote.
Old March 22, 2003, 07:07   #41
VJ
King

dp
Old March 22, 2003, 07:09   #42
VJ
King

The only one was one in of my first games. French started it by 1 tactical. I replied with 2 ICBM's and 3 tactical's. Conquered all of their cities by tanks, pretty quickly. Better luck next time, sneak attackers.
Old March 22, 2003, 07:10   #43
VJ
King

Quote:
Here is the result of my combined nuclear holocaust/ MA invasion. I used my 24 original ICBMs to destroy their industrial heartland
Mwhahaha. Good job, my kind of attitude there.
Old March 22, 2003, 14:33   #44
badams52
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Wycoff
I'll let you know when my game is over. I'll post a screen shot of 2050. I have hundreds of workers, so hopefully I can clean up the pollution before it destroys the world.
Unfortunately, it's only in civ 1 and 2 where cleaning pollution from the ground stops global warming. In civ 3, it's exploded weapons, pollution produced and plant meltdowns causing global warming. The first two I'm certain of, the last one I'm not. Clearing pollution will just make your planet look nicer. I don't know if anyone has ever played long enough to have seen an end to a nuclear war enduced global warming. I got to the point where the only available land left was flood plains, deserts, mountains and hills.

Quote:
Old March 22, 2003, 14:49   #45
VJ
King

Quote:
I got to the point where the only available land left was flood plains, deserts, mountains and hills.
I've got to that point, too, when opponents were causing huge amounts of pollution
Old March 22, 2003, 14:51   #46
VJ
King

(A while ago, when I let them live for that long, that is )
Old March 22, 2003, 18:27   #47
Flight
Warlord

Currently in an annoying war where i am connected by a bottleneck to France to the east which is slightly larger than me. Germany are to the west over seas and also slightly larger and the Romans are on an island to the north of France and quite small and useless.

I attacked france with tacticals, everyone decalred war. I invaded germany with a total of 24 tanks/mech inf in 2 waves backed up with tac nukes, burned berlin and captured one city. The germans tac nuked that city, I lost my foothold that turn and retreated.

Someone else nuked my capital and my second city. That was fun. I nuked france a few times with more tacs. Made peace with germany.

France decalred war on germany, made peace. Meanwhile i had researched ecology and started building modern armour. I used those to break into france and disable one of their uranium and oil deposits. I then lost my oil resource randomly and had to find a way to use my waning tank forces and navy to get control of the oil that was too near paris for comfort.

I sent a heavily defended settler there (using the 2 armies that guarded my bottleneck) and the french replied by sening around 50 modern armour into teh bottleneck 1 square from my first border city. I nuked their stack twice and finished them with marines and the army of modern armour i had on my new oil city.

This was then repeated but with only 5 or so modern rmour, which i ICBM'ed. I did try nuking a french city but the germans didnt like that so i reloaded the turn before

I have now got a ceace fire with the french while i rebuild my MA supplies and fight off the roman navy in the north. The French are at war with the Germans again and have lost a few island cities in the southern gap to the germans (those islands have lots of resources). Someone also nuked Liverpool which i captured off the English. Ill post a map if anyone's interested. Should be easy once i rebuild my MA and invade again, taking out the rest of the French core cities, although their land is huge.
Old March 22, 2003, 18:36   #48
VJ
King

Quote:
France decalred war on germany, made peace
What?
Old March 22, 2003, 18:37   #49
Manya
Civilization III Democracy GameSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin Lovers
King

Just Nuke It
Old March 22, 2003, 18:46   #50
VJ
King

Quote:
Someone also nuked Liverpool which i captured off the English

Quote:
"Someone nuked my capital, which was nice"

Quote:
Just Nuke It
This applies to a lot of things...
Old March 22, 2003, 19:18   #51
Manya
Civilization III Democracy GameSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin Lovers
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Tuomerehu
This applies to a lot of things...

Old March 22, 2003, 22:05   #52
Flight
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Tuomerehu

What?

they decalred war on germany then, a little later after not a lot had happened, made peace. Then as i say the germans decalred war on them

I thought the best bit was when the germans nuked their own city which i had only just captured, killing lots of their own people!

I might actually remain at peace with France for a while and invade Rome with the spare transports i have in the north, backed up by nukes
Old March 22, 2003, 23:49   #53
badams52
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Flight
Currently in an annoying war where i am connected by a bottleneck to France to the east ...
Meanwhile global warming is nearing alarming trends and the planet is soon to be a desert wasteland.
Old March 23, 2003, 00:30   #54
Louis XXIV
C4WDG Stratega
Prince

Anybody try Planet Busters from SMAC?

They are much cooler than anything Civ3 has to offer (except they have a range)

If you don't feel like waiting for them, there is a scenario included with the game (Gaians vs. Morgan). I played as morgan, and I had to keep "objecive" cities under my control, and control Gaia's capital. Instead, I launched a Planet Buster on Gaia's capital, destroying the city and the surrounding area "completely." When my cities were captured by her mind worms, I hit them with Planet Busters too. Never found out if I won, but Planet Busters are definetly cooler than ICBM's.
Old March 23, 2003, 01:13   #55
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

Local Time: 06:49
Local Date: November 2, 2010
This one. The Aztecs nuked Tokyo so I used my large stockpile to smash them up. It didn't take me that long after this to annihilate them.

Part 1
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	picture 2.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	315.4 KB
ID:	40362  
Old March 23, 2003, 01:15   #56
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

Local Time: 06:49
Local Date: November 2, 2010
And then some of the other civs thought it would be a good idea to declare war on me. Unfortunately I had a load of nuclear subs with tactical nukes waiting near the coast.

Boom!

(this shot is from a few turns later where I saved)
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	picture 3.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	317.6 KB
ID:	40363  
Old March 23, 2003, 04:02   #57
VJ
King

Quote:
but Planet Busters are definetly cooler than ICBM's.
...because they'll blow everything in 5-grid-range, if you have the necessary techs ...
Old March 23, 2003, 15:01   #58
pedrojedi
Prince

And they actually level the terrain.
Old March 23, 2003, 15:14   #59
ottok
Prince

Some one says:
"i only say:if you use 1 nuke,i will use 2!"
Other says:
"So keep war Without them"
I question and i question yous Is can they use theys rules...
Unhopelly not (theys)...
some else use it time and capture 2/3 both!
Then Both make peace... but some later.
Old March 23, 2003, 15:20   #60
pedrojedi
Prince

uhn... Ãhn... Yes?