Old March 15, 2003, 20:26   #1
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 21:50
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The Apolyton 100: Comments/Suggestions
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=80699

THE APOLYTON 100
---------------
Well, I promised you it in March, before the April Hall of Fame and here it is- after 4-5 hours spent debugging the thing in the past few days and some last minute emails to prominent apolytoners (although I'm still waiting for information from one whom I asked) I have decided to release it.

Please feel free to comment on the Apolyton 100 here:

And please feel free to PM me any information or post any informatino on posters that you think might be important for the Apolyton 100 here.

Please don't post in the thread (which I will start posting today-- and hopefully will finish posting today- but with the 60 second rule ,that might be too much to ask...

Well, here goes!

One for the ages...

(I'll post the description below)

Last edited by DarkCloud; March 19, 2003 at 18:39.
Old March 15, 2003, 20:27   #2
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

The Apolyton 100… now more professional… not just my views and knowledge on them; but reformatted to more state the facts and turn from a small “community” editorial into something more like a historical book, reporting the facts, only the facts, and just the facts…
(Which will hopefully make certain that I am not flamed for my work )

The Apolyton 100- over 70 pages of Data, with usually a full page entry on each Apolytoner. It’s not complete, but it’s as complete as it was possible to do. It represents a gigantic investment of time, but it can be made better- please, if you have any suggestions for improvements, or more information on yourself or others, please post in the companion suggestions thread or email me at ftg3ATlycos.com

Last edited by DarkCloud; March 15, 2003 at 20:59.
Old March 15, 2003, 20:44   #3
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 23:50
Damn it. Now I'm 112th but not yet included. I should have spammed faster.
Old March 15, 2003, 21:00   #4
DarkCloud
staff

And yes, for everyone who is checking TKG's profile... I will fix the Finnish mistake

---
Old March 15, 2003, 21:27   #5
Hueij
Emperor

Is this the place to correct some facts? Or should i pm them?

Great work BTW
Old March 15, 2003, 21:46   #6
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 14:50
Spam your way to immortality.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old March 15, 2003, 22:47   #7
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Local Time: 15:50
I suppose I'm too much of an OTer to crack the poly 100.
Old March 15, 2003, 23:42   #8
Frozzy
PtWDG2 SunshineNationStatesCall To Power SuperLeague
Emperor

Local Time: 09:50
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Good stuff. Interesting to read about some of the oldies.
Old March 16, 2003, 01:25   #9
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Sir Ralph is German. Lives in Bavaria, I believe. He did not jump ship on Poly. He is still very much here. Just not for the ISDG.

Seeker teaches in Korea. ESL I think.

DanS is all over OT. I think he is in Washington, DC.

Skanky Burns. It's his fault.

Velociryx is Canadian? We'd be glad to have him, but I'm fairly sure he is from south of the 49th.

Immortal Wombat is a Kiwi?

MikeH likes sheep.
Old March 16, 2003, 01:25   #10
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

Drat, I'm just a few posts shy of making it (#126).
Old March 16, 2003, 01:31   #11
Frozzy
PtWDG2 SunshineNationStatesCall To Power SuperLeague
Emperor

Local Time: 09:50
Immortal Wombat is a Pom (i.e. England)
Old March 16, 2003, 03:32   #12
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

Local Time: 22:50
I post 10 times in a democracy game and is therefore labeled as a democracy gamer

The fact that the rest of my 2800 posts where all made in the civ2 creation and pbem forums doesnt seem to count

Also one'd think you'd read the location field before declaring nationality unkown

Other than that, nice list
Old March 16, 2003, 05:58   #13
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Age Group: 18
Nationality: British
Lives: Britain
Had/Has A Website: http://www.weaver1.btinternet.co.uk/theimmortalwombat
Contribution to Apolyton: CTP2/OT

Old March 16, 2003, 06:15   #14
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

nit-picky post
TKG:
SMACist, Canadian.

Big Crunch does not live in America. He lives in Kent, UK

Completely missed the whole Candle'bre phenomenon from Velocyrix's entry

Not bad actually DC.
Old March 16, 2003, 06:57   #15
Gramphos
staff
Civilization III MultiplayerC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV: MultiplayerAge of Nations TeamC4BtSDG Realms BeyondCivilization IV Creators
Technical Director

Why am I not bold?
Old March 16, 2003, 07:29   #16
Solver
lifer
Civilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueThe Courts of Candle'BreC4WDG Team Apolyton
Deity

Local Time: 00:50
As usual... amazing work, DC.

Why doesn't it say that Velociryx is the greatest civ player ever ? Oh, and why does it call all the Finns my DLs .
Old March 16, 2003, 08:08   #17
Jay Bee
staff
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame

DC,

Just a minor correction. I have nothing to do with the campaign of protest against Infogrames. I don't waste my time playing Civ3
Old March 16, 2003, 08:30   #18
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
Damn it. Now I'm 112th but not yet included. I should have spammed faster.
I'm at 85 and not even in it
Old March 16, 2003, 08:58   #19
DrSpike
Civilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton University
Deity

Good work DC........when's the next update?
Old March 16, 2003, 09:29   #20
Alex
Emperor

Local Time: 18:50
Ok, now where the link?

EDIT: doh, forget about it, I found it. That's what happens when you don't look at all the threads titles in a forum before checking a thread.
Old March 16, 2003, 10:54   #21
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Hate to be a nitpick here, but you have this tendency to misspell my nick as 'Kassiopea'. It's Kassiopeia, with two I's, two, not one. It's after the constellation, and all that. My former username was 'kassiopeia', same as now but not capitalized.

Otherwise I was positively surprised by my entry, glad to see my AC Fiction stuff mentioned
Old March 16, 2003, 11:08   #22
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 17:50
DC!

Amazing work I must say! I could never do all that.

P.S. You're missing about 1500 of my posts. I will be the next deity, and I have Ming in my sights...

Oh, by the way... I have under 100 more posts to get into the top 20. That should be taken care of within a few days. So much for 129 days.
Old March 16, 2003, 12:09   #23
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
67. civman2000
Former Usernames: (none known)
Famous DL's?: (none known)
Usernumber: #10207
Age Group: 17-19??
Nationality: American
Lives: America
Had/Has A Website: No
Contribution to Apolyton: Stories Contest, NES

Description:
civman2000 was one of the men who got the second stories contest season started in 2002. He ran the session for twelve elections and encouraged budding authors to continue posting. In addition, he ran a history thread on the issue and created revised rules for the contest.

civman2000 abandoned the Stories section in August 2002 when the Never Ending Stories section split off from the Stories section and was moved to the Stories/Diplomacy section, and continues posting in NESes to this day (March 2003). In addition to posting in NESes, civman2000 also actively plays Diplomacy as well as the Civ III intersite democracy game, Civ III, and Civ II democracy games; and is a member of the game NationStates.
No former usernames, no DLs. Real name is Eric Robert W.; I go by "Ricky". Age 13. I still lurk in the Civ3 stories section, I just don't post. I don't play diplomacy nymore, but pretty much no one plays it anymore, the forum for it has been taken over by NESs. A post by me in the Community forum prompted the creation of the Civ the Boardgame forum, which unfortunately has died. I play EU2 and occasionally post in the Paradox Games forum.

Excellent job, DC, I'm honored to make the list.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old March 16, 2003, 12:17   #24
DarkCloud
staff

Quote:
Is this the place to correct some facts? Or should i pm them?
Hueij- you can post them here or PM them, whatever you wish- if you PM them, then they will be more of a surprise to readers

--
Tahnk you for the info, notyoueither... although I didn't think I implied that about Sir Ralph, since I know he's still at apolyton, I'll try to correct it so it doesn't seem that way.

--
Sorry henrik- with all the people who I had no idea what they did, I just said OTer or Demogamer depending on their registration date
--

TRIP-
Quote:
P.S. You're missing about 1500 of my posts. I will be the next deity, and I have Ming in my sights
actually, the info on you and predictions were made in January, so they are fairly correct the list was assembled in dec/january, but finished in march

---
ALVA-
Quote:
I'm at 85 and not even in it
That's because you spam-demogamed it up to that place since December (please note the notice at the top of the Apolyton 100 list )
-
thank you civman and thank you all!

-

I'll try and do an update in 2-4 days
Old March 16, 2003, 12:34   #25
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

Quote:
Yup
Old March 16, 2003, 12:57   #26
Shaka Naldur
Civilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Emperor

Good job DC!
Old March 16, 2003, 14:17   #27
Nikolai
Apolyton UniversityC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Amazing job, DC! It's a mystery to me how you have had the time and patience to do this work!
Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. -Isaiah 41:10
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. - Zephaniah 3:17
Get The List for cIV here!
Old March 16, 2003, 14:25   #28
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Great job

Quote:
Former Usernames: (none known)
Famous DL's: (none known)
None to both
Quote:
Titles: CTP Moderator
A mod? A mod?! I'm not a lowly mod, I'm a Manager! ACS CTP1/2 Manager to be precise.
Quote:
Age Group: ?
Wouter Snijders, 22
Quote:
Nationality: Dutch [Netherlandish ]

Quote:
Lives: Zwolle??, The Netherlands
If there's one thing worse than saying someone from Twente (i.e. me) is from Holland, it's saying he's from Zwolle Though the comparison with Paul is flattering

My house is located in Hengelo but my work/uni/pub/etc are all in Enschede, which explains the location field I've been using for the past ~3 years

Quote:
And a long-time lurker before that.

Quote:
Had/Has A Website: ?
More than you can shake a stick at, most were utter failures due to the fact I simply didn't care. Most recent one (still used as FTP/WWW site for Civvish stuff that's... less suitable for 'Poly ): http://ctpmodmakers.250free.com

Quote:
Contribution to Apolyton: CTP modmaking
And a brief excursion to Civ3, which Markos seemed to think was rather important (or at least important enough to make about a gazillion news items about (okay, so it wasn't quite a gazillion )).

Quote:
Description:
Locutus is an active participant in the CTP II and CTP I democracy games as well as being an active CTP Mper and PBEMer. [...] He has not participated much in CTP Mplaying, [...]
Kinda self-contradictionary, isn't it? Though I've played a game or two, I'm not a really an MPer. If you must add anything to my list of activities, I'm more into strategy (I'm by no means another Velocyrix, but I've cracked a few formulas and disected the CtP2 resource system).

Quote:
[...] sometimes blanketing the forum in his sometimes informative and always respondable to posts.
In other words, most of my posts are spam?

Note on Immortal Wombat: I think you should add that he's one of the most important modmakers in the CtP2 community. Graphics and SLIC are his specialties, LOTR and Visible Wonders among his favourite themes...
Old March 16, 2003, 14:31   #29
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

I'm very surprised, I cannot see Fez
I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom
Old March 16, 2003, 14:31   #30
Solver
lifer
Civilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueThe Courts of Candle'BreC4WDG Team Apolyton
Deity

Quote:
In other words, most of my posts are spam?
That's so obvious they are .