Old March 16, 2003, 16:49   #31
Gramphos
staff
Civilization III MultiplayerC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV: MultiplayerAge of Nations TeamC4BtSDG Realms BeyondCivilization IV Creators
Technical Director

Local Time: 23:50
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
And a brief excursion to Civ3, which Markos seemed to think was rather important (or at least important enough to make about a gazillion news items about (okay, so it wasn't quite a gazillion )).

You gave it up

But I sure liked the way you did your poll. Probabnly the best poll ever.
Old March 16, 2003, 17:09   #32
St Leo
Scenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 17:50
Why doesn't it say that Velociryx is the greatest civ player ever ?

It doesn't say that because Xin Yu is the greatest Civ player ever.

He has recently (march 2003), conducted an interview with a prominent Civ II Scenario-designer for the SLM Magazine and is currently awaiting its publication.

DC, this is kind hush-hush if you know what I mean. I've leaked the news myself already, but still...

Last edited by St Leo; March 16, 2003 at 17:18.
Old March 16, 2003, 18:29   #33
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 16:50
DanS: conservative OT poster from washington.

The SG's are the most active Civ2 succession game players at this point in time.

Dinodoc: Another conservative OT poster. His posts are usually short. Doesn't suffer fools.

Trip:
You won't pass Jaybee assuming Jaybee maintains his current PC. He only needs 1000 posts, while you need 5000.

Give it up.
Old March 16, 2003, 18:33   #34
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Bah. I got 5200 in 4 active months of posting, I can get another 5000 in the same amount of time.
Old March 16, 2003, 18:35   #35
Frozzy
PtWDG2 SunshineNationStatesCall To Power SuperLeague
Emperor

Local Time: 09:50
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Spammer
Old March 16, 2003, 18:37   #36
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta

N00b.
Old March 16, 2003, 18:43   #37
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

866 posts needed for Jay Bee.

@ 5.36 ppd, approx. 150 days.

That is 5 months.

To get 5000 posts in 5 months requires a postcount of

1000 posts/month or >30 ppd.

You won't do this. Not even Mao sustained this rate over a period of 5 months.

Right now, your postcount hovers at half of this rate.

Also, Jay Bee's postcount is currently accelerating, so 150 days may be too conservative.
Old March 16, 2003, 18:48   #38
Jon Shafer

Sorry, but I had an average of about 33 PPD for quite a while.

In the last year I've been here, as I said, I've only been fully active for about 4 of those months. With the PTW DG and the Civ 3 ISDG, I plan on being highly active for quite some time...
Old March 16, 2003, 18:50   #39
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

hmm, i pm'ed some changes to you DC before i noticed this thread. but i remember something else that you left out, I'm a semi regular in the Scenario League forum. I'm also a regular in the Apolyton Coffeeshop, and met Ming, rah, Theben, loinburger, Che Guevera, -JRabbit, and bunnygyrl at the Chicago Poly meet last December.
Old March 16, 2003, 18:57   #40
Ben Kenobi
Emperor

Trip:

Registration date:

09/04/2002

First post:

09/04/2002

Second post:

02/05/2002

Almost a month later.

It's taken you 9 months of active posting to get 5000 posts.

'Fully active' assumes you will maintain your current rate, which I would consider a spike.

You stopped posting as frequently once you hit emperor. You've only been increasing for a period of about 2 months.
Old March 16, 2003, 19:13   #41
Jon Shafer

There were many many months where I did not post hardly at all. It was not until late-June that the Civ 3 DG started, which is when I started posting the most. During that time, I had over 30 posts per day, and that's after being inactive for April, May and most of June. After I left from being President of the C3DG I was inactive for another 2 or 3 months, then I came back for the PTW DG. So that's 3 months and another 3 months, so I've really been active for 4-5 months. That's an average post per day of around 34.
Old March 16, 2003, 19:48   #42
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 08:50
Wow, I'm in it!
Just some slight changes, like my nationality for instance.

77. Skanky Burns
Former Usernames: None
Famous DL's?: None
Usernumber: #11127
Age Group: June 24, 1980 (23 yrs)
Nationality: Australian
Lives: Sydney, Australia
Had/Has A Website: No
Contribution to Apolyton: Democracy Games??/NationStates
I was also active in the Civ3 community, and of course, everything is my fault.
Old March 16, 2003, 19:50   #43
Jon Shafer

It would be funny to see someone with "Contribution: ???"

Old March 16, 2003, 19:52   #44
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Or
Contribution: None

Oh, and SPAMMER!
Old March 16, 2003, 19:54   #45
Ben Kenobi
Emperor

Quote:
After I left from being President of the C3DG I was inactive for another 2 or 3 months, then I came back for the PTW DG.
People do get tired of posting, or stuff in Real Life interferes. If you want to be the next deity, you better hope that you have smooth sailing.
Old March 16, 2003, 19:54   #46
Jon Shafer

Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns
Or
Contribution: None

Oh, and SPAMMER!
You're only making the problem worse.
Old March 16, 2003, 19:55   #47
Jon Shafer

Quote:
Originally posted by obiwan18
People do get tired of posting, or stuff in Real Life interferes. If you want to be the next deity, you better hope that you have smooth sailing.
I'll call that bet. To be honest, I wish I instead had more of a life to worry about.
Old March 16, 2003, 20:04   #48
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 23:50
Quote:
Originally posted by Gramphos
You gave it up
Yup, and with good reason. I actually regard my resignation thread my best Civ3 thread ever Even got a Firaxian to respond

Quote:
But I sure liked the way you did your poll. Probabnly the best poll ever.
Can't deny the format of the poll was great. Almost too good to have come from me It's been reused dozens of times afterwards (mostly by myself though )

Quote:
Age Group: June 24, 1980 (23 yrs)
That makes you 22 by my count

Trip,
No way you'll be a Deity before JB. Either you'll get a PCR before that or your title will be changed to Uberspammer
(And another free +1 for you for being able to respond to this )
Old March 16, 2003, 20:07   #49
Jon Shafer

Quote:
Originally posted by Locutus
Trip,
No way you'll be a Deity before JB. Either you'll get a PCR before that or your title will be changed to Uberspammer
(And another free +1 for you for being able to respond to this )
I've kept Ming at bay so far.

You'd be surprised how active the DG are. I had over 90 posts in one day not too long ago, and none of them were spam (seriously! ). All I need is something to talk about.

Oh, and thanks...
Old March 16, 2003, 20:18   #50
Skanky Burns

Quote:
Originally posted by Trip

You're only making the problem worse.
How original - blaming me...

Quote:
That makes you 22 by my count
It does indeed. But only for another 3 months, so I'm in the 23-year-old age group. At least, thats how I think DC has done it.
Old March 16, 2003, 20:22   #51
Jon Shafer

Quote:
How original - blaming me...
Anyone will tell you I always need the last word.

Besides, it's always been you that puts in the trite remarks after I say something, accusing me of spamming.
Old March 16, 2003, 20:47   #52
Ben Kenobi
Emperor

Quote:
I'll call that bet.
First we need to set terms.

If you fail, I get to choose your avatar.

If you succeed, you get to choose mine.

We will both have to keep the avatar for a week.

That fair?
Old March 16, 2003, 20:56   #53
Jon Shafer

As long as it's not something against the rules, I accept.
Old March 16, 2003, 20:59   #54
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

anyone remember the horse' ass avatar wiglaf had for a while after someone "hacked" his account?
Old March 16, 2003, 21:29   #55
Ben Kenobi
Emperor

Quote:
As long as it's not something against the rules, I accept.
Then we have a deal.

Good luck Trip.
Old March 16, 2003, 21:58   #56
Jon Shafer

Quote:
Originally posted by obiwan18
Then we have a deal.

Good luck Trip.
Bah. Luck is for the incapable.
Old March 16, 2003, 23:50   #57
Jon Shafer

Quote:
(courtesy obiwan18)
Assuming Trip maintains his current post count rate of 13.8 posts per day, and everyone else sustains their own, it will take Trip:
129 days to reach top 20 apolyton list, passing Stefu.
448 days to reach diety.
4858 days or 13 years to pass Ming!
If Trip increases his post count to 28.36 posts per day, he will become the next deity, ahead of Urban Ranger.
And with this post, I become the new #20 poster at Apolyton.net.

129 days... right.
Old March 16, 2003, 23:54   #58
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 21:50
Quote:

And with this post, I become the new #20 poster at Apolyton.net.

129 days... right.
Tripgot: Red-headed stepchild of spam.
Old March 16, 2003, 23:57   #59
Jon Shafer

Quote:
Originally posted by Tassadar5000
Tripgot: Red-headed stepchild of spam.
Hey now, I was addressing an untrue and blasphemous claim about my character.
Old March 17, 2003, 00:01   #60
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 21:50
Quote:

Hey now, I was addressing an untrue and blasphemous claim about my character.
See everyone, DOES THIS NOT CONFIRM HIS REDHEADED STEPCHILDNESS?!?!?!?!?!