Old March 24, 2003, 04:40   #151
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 14:50
Local Date: November 1, 2010
let me organize this:

26. Dissident
Former Usernames: (Krushala [1317 posts], Puaxant Tuvip [399 posts], Black Bart, Dissident Agressor)
Famous DL's: (Barfasm, Fistful of Steel, Ass Clown, Ass Puppet, Capo, Dark Helmet, Hellfire, Maryjane, ***** Galore, Rock Superstar, Thrasher)
Usernumber: #5009
Age Group: June 24, 1973 (30 yrs)
Nationality: American
Lives: America
Had/Has A Website: ?
Contribution to Apolyton: Humor, AC

Description:

His former login- Krushala had a 660% victory rating in the AC ladders on thinker level

Here’s some information on dissident’s DL’s and their registered emails:

Ass Puppet evilbeavisempire@aol.com
Barfasm gridironbeavis@aol.com
Capo gridironman@freewwweb.com
Dark Helmet beavis3zeus@aol.com
Dissident dssdt@lvcm.com
Hellfire edgcrusha2@aol.com
Krushala jimkrsa@aol.com
Maryjane maryfreakinjane@aol.com
Puaxant Tuvip nuvagantu@aol.com
***** Galore armenius3hermann@aol.com
Rock Superstar ahaymo@aol.com
Thrasher

And on May 26, 2001 he received a 50% PCR for the DL-ish work described above; setting back his post count considerably; however, he persevered and managed to reach emperor level once again in Februrary 2003!

Last Updated 8/mar/03

Updates:

Lives: Las Vegas, NV, USA
website: http://www.geocities.com/Krusher3X/ (it's pretty crappy and I never update it )
Contribution to Apolyton: AC forums in 99. Civ2 and Civ3 forums. Other Games- esp. with regards to RPG's, Major Off-topic poster (Libertarian/Conservative/Troll). And Civ3 PTW demo game and inter-site demo game.

other notes: I also had a 10% PCR a couple of months ago for spam in the Apolyton/Community forum. In addition to my 50% PCR above.

Last edited by Dis; March 24, 2003 at 15:16.
Old March 24, 2003, 05:51   #152
DrSpike
Civilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton University
Deity

Local Time: 22:50
Quote:
Originally posted by DarkCloud
Shadowstrike- I do my best

Anyways, I'll make certain that the list always grows to include all emperors They deserve the recognition!
A worthy goal, though by the time I became emperor the point where it guaranteed a place in the top hundred had been passed, because I was still 102 or something similar. So in the future maybe you will be doing the 'Poly 150.
Old March 24, 2003, 09:10   #153
Kropotkin
Emperor

Local Time: 23:50
I'm not much for lists as I consider it to be not that much more than ego-boosters for most people. Anyhow it wouldn't hurt to give you some information about me as you considers it to be sad that so little is known about me... Not gonne write a lot as I don't think it's that necissary.

Edits in bold:

86. Kropotkin
Former Usernames: none
Famous DL's?: none
Age Group: 25 years old
Nationality: Swedish
Lives: European Umeå, Sweden
Had/Has A Website: No
Contribution to Apolyton: Civ II, CTP, Civ III and OT

Description:
He came back in February 2001 and stayed till June, debating in the Civilization II and III sections, then, more or less, disappeared from the On Topic. Rarely posts on topic anymore because he doesn't own any of the newer games. However a frequent off topic poster. A fantatical fan of the Championship Manager series. Quite a unconvetional lefty anarchist, more of a realist than an idealist.
Old March 24, 2003, 21:55   #154
badams52
King

Local Time: 13:50
DC,

'Tis a very interesting work that you do in quantitative analysis. I just wonder if there isn't a good way to do a more qualitative analysis of the posters here on apolyton.

While the number of posts is important, I think a similar example would be if we ranked countries by the number of people they have. According to the US Census Bureau the order would be: China (1,286,975,468), India (1,049,700,118), United States (290,342,554), Indonesia (234,893,453), Brazil (182,032,604), Pakistan (150,694,740), Russia (144,526,278), Bangladesh (138,448,210), Nigeria (133,881,703), Japan (127,214,499). While the number of people (a quantitative analysis) is interesting, I don't think it truly reflects an actual ranking of the "top" countries in the world.

If only we could implement a sort of qualitative way to look at the users, such as a words per post stat, in combination with the quantitative stat, then I think a more true top 100 would form.

As this top 100 stands, I think it encourages abuse of the forums (which may not be an entirely bad thing).

Just food for thought.
Old March 25, 2003, 04:03   #155
Kropotkin
Emperor

Words per post stats is also quantative data. The description is qualitative information.
Old March 25, 2003, 09:44   #156
badams52
King

After thinking about it last night, you're right Kropotkin. Words per post is a quantitative stat. But I think it has a little more correlation to a top 100 list than does number of posts.
Old March 25, 2003, 09:49   #157
DrSpike
Deity

But one should not penalise succinctness.......after all, it is brevity that is the soul of wit, not words per post.
Old March 25, 2003, 15:06   #158
Dauphin
Civilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

DC, I was thinking, if you are at a loose end and want to do something slightly different to the hall of fame and top 100, you could do a Top # Avatars. People vote for their favourite avatars that various posters have used.
Old March 25, 2003, 15:42   #159
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Nice Idea BC
-
Spikey;

Have you just dusted your extended english vocabulary dictionairy?
Old March 25, 2003, 15:45   #160
DrSpike
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by alva

Spikey;

Have you just dusted your extended english vocabulary dictionairy?
No, it's called eloquence.......perhaps you could try it sometime.
Old March 26, 2003, 00:55   #161
badams52
King

Quote:
Originally posted by DrSpike
But one should not penalise succinctness.......after all, it is brevity that is the soul of wit, not words per post.
WPP was just one suggestion. It's hard to measure quality (a top 100) in a forum. I just think that there are better ways to measure the quality of members contributions than straight # of posts.
Old March 26, 2003, 04:48   #162
Kropotkin
Emperor

Well, first off (if we go with the words per post idea) I don't think it's possible to do it in any practical way but that's beyond me. Secondly, even the number of words per post can be a crude way to measure as some people are able to put forth quite elaborate ideas and thoughts with fewer words but would get stuck with spammers while some people write on and on about the most pointless detail. Like this one for example.
Old March 26, 2003, 10:00   #163
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by badams52
I just think that there are better ways to measure the quality of members contributions than straight # of posts.
But that's not the point of the list. Its for the top 100 posters i.e. those with the top 100 post counts, not for the 100 Best posters, i.e. those with the best posts.

Which would be impossible to quantify and rank IMO.
Old March 26, 2003, 12:31   #164
badams52
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Immortal Wombat

But that's not the point of the list. Its for the top 100 posters i.e. those with the top 100 post counts, not for the 100 Best posters, i.e. those with the best posts.

Which would be impossible to quantify and rank IMO.
Well with the way some people carry on about their placement...
Old March 26, 2003, 14:11   #165
Gangerolf
Prince

Quote:
not for the 100 Best posters, i.e. those with the best posts.
so that's why I'm not in the list
Old March 26, 2003, 15:07   #166
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Gangerolf

so that's why I'm not in the list
We have a winner !!!

Edit: I need to read it, before I answer

Last edited by alva; March 26, 2003 at 16:44.
Old March 26, 2003, 15:49   #167
Chris 62
Spanish CiversCivilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 17:50
Darkcloud, I'm not a moderator of FFZ, I'm Co-Admin.
Old March 28, 2003, 21:49   #168
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 21:50
I'll try to respond to the others later, but for now:

Quote:
DC, I was thinking, if you are at a loose end and want to do something slightly different to the hall of fame and top 100, you could do a Top # Avatars. People vote for their favourite avatars that various posters have used.
Interesting Idea- I'll think about organizing it

----
And Immortal Wombat is correct that the list is about the people who have spent the most POSTS and therefore likely the most TIME at apolyton It's not supposed to be BEST apolytoners, that's what the Hall of Fame is for

---
Chris- Same difference Although I didn't know you had quite that much power when did you become Co-Admin... and exactly what is your status at FFZ- are you an admin there too... or just a lowly moderator?

---
Adam- also, Mark and Dan do have access to words per post scripts- or at least they should be able to- I know of many vbboards taht measure words per post

BUt since WPP counts QUOTES... and smilies, it's not quite correct either
Old March 29, 2003, 00:43   #169
badams52
King

Quote:

And Immortal Wombat is correct that the list is about the people who have spent the most POSTS and therefore likely the most TIME at apolyton It's not supposed to be BEST apolytoners, that's what the Hall of Fame is for
Ah, maybe it could be more clear when you post the list what it's about. The "Forbes" bit fooled me into thinking the list was an attempt as something more than I thought and as I looked back I saw that other people made the same suggestion of WPP as I made.

Quote:
Adam- also, Mark and Dan do have access to words per post scripts- or at least they should be able to- I know of many vbboards taht measure words per post

BUt since WPP counts QUOTES... and smilies, it's not quite correct either
Smilies are importaint and express many words with just one image. But quotes...well...

Also knowing this, you could make an apolyton's most verbose 100.
Old March 30, 2003, 02:41   #170
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

Hmm, a lot of the stuff describing me are outdated . Especially the ACS News Editor one .
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old March 30, 2003, 03:14   #171
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 08:50
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Old March 30, 2003, 10:42   #172
Chris 62
Spanish CiversCivilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Chris- Same difference Although I didn't know you had quite that much power when did you become Co-Admin... and exactly what is your status at FFZ- are you an admin there too... or just a lowly moderator?
Co-admin when I revived the site, early february.
MBloom owns it, it's direction is basically a mix of several of us, oriented toward Americans, and it is NOT a game site.

I assume you meant Civfanatics in the second part, in that, I am senior moderator of all Colloseum forums, except tech, as well as all other games forum.
Lefty and I decide policy as we see fit, as long as it is not in contrast to the site owner's wishes.

I suppose you could add I am in the poly HoF, and did several well recieved "Faces of Apolyton" interviews.
Old March 30, 2003, 16:22   #173
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

APOLY COMMENTS

Thank you for the information Kropotkin and Chris62!
I'll try to get around an update sometime soon.
---
I updated whoever was changed between 24-42... I would have done more but the database was acting up

I'll try to get to the others eventually!

-thankk you for your interest!
Old March 30, 2003, 17:05   #174
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 00:50
Local Date: November 2, 2010
there's a tiny mistake with my website address. It's

http://kotisivu.dnainternet.net/anttinor/index.htm

There's an "n" missing there somewhere, so the addy that's currently there gives a 404.
Old March 30, 2003, 17:07   #175
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 18:50
Great job DC. thanks for removing that "TKG is a finn" part
Old March 30, 2003, 21:48   #176
DarkCloud
staff

TKG-

and I think I fixed ghengis farb's weblink as well.

Okay, Kassiopea, I'll get taht in the next update
Old March 31, 2003, 06:53   #177
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

From Ming's entry:
Quote:
His other trademark happens to be a (wink) at the end of each post, and he is infamous for the amount of winks that he uses in his posts.
Rather than DarkCloud, who ends each clause of each sentence in a wink
Old March 31, 2003, 21:57   #178
DarkCloud
staff

Too true

you should see how annoying I get on instant messenger
Old April 9, 2003, 18:03   #179
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

hi ,

DarkCloud , when is the next one coming , .....

have a nice day
Old April 9, 2003, 18:08   #180
Dauphin
Civilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Why, do you need validation of the fact you have risen from #40 to the dizzying heights of #16?