Old March 17, 2003, 10:31   #1
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 15:57
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Question: Finance
HI.

Im playing on my third game now. (Hey, I've basically shelved it due to my responsibilities in the C3DG. Ill play when that is over)

Anyway, it's into turn 250+. (Im just trying to learn) Im playing as Tachidi. I am now getting messages that some finance structures are being torn down due to lack of paying upkeep (or something of that sort). I have a huge empire, and am on the verge of eliminating the Ithul (I started blocked in on one arm of a spiral Galazy, and the Ithkul and a Guardian my only neighbors) And am beginning to have some unrest (mostly from worlds with Darlok or Raas instead of my bugs).

Anyway, I have serious bank both in the Empire and on the individual worlds, why are these structures being torn down, then? Is there something in the sliders I need to play with to pay this upkeep?

Also, can someone explain the Finance tab to me? Is there a list of what % tax the different races prefer and such? Also, what effect does the Empire wide bars have on my individual systems building? (ie, does raising the military fund speed building of ships, or does is that based off the loans to planets)

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
UnOrthOdOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17, 2003, 11:46   #2
Harry Seldon
GalCiv Apolyton EmpireNationStates
King

Local Time: 21:57
When this happened to me, I increased planet grants and toned down my build queues. To do that you'll have to turn off the planetary AI so try to keep it in the same system. Keep your fingers crossed for space ports, too.
Harry Seldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17, 2003, 23:43   #3
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Ok.

What do the different sliders actually do, though.

What does raising the military fund do for instance? Is that money added and dispersed to the military funds of individual planets?

And do Recreation DEA's create money, or cost money? I read somewhere that they made money, but they don't show in the planet's sources of income, nor is there a + # beside the AV symbol that it shows...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 18, 2003, 09:55   #4
Harry Seldon
King

Each of the budget sliders control the amount of additional grant money is available from your government to planets in that particular area. The grant to planets is a general fund your viceroys use to fill in the gaps.

I'm not sure how rec DEAs effect money flow on a planet. I thought that it helped raise money by drawing tourism. If it's not showing up under finances many it's more subtle. Having rec DEAs reduces unrest and the lower unrest is the harder your citizens work therefore creating more money. I'm not sure if this is correct. I didn't fire it up last night but I could check tonight. I have a well developed galaxy that should have money producing recs.
Old March 18, 2003, 10:32   #5
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Thanks for the insight.

? on unrest.

Can it be handled system wide? Can, say a worthless planet be filled with Rec DEA's to help the rest of the planets stay happy?

After watching planets with the Rec DEA's for a while, I think that they increase the income your Space Port is bringing in, but Im not 100% sure on that.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 18, 2003, 10:41   #6
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Check waht government you have. Under Despotism, Hive and something else, Rec DEA's only run at 50% effic. Under despotism this is compensated by having millitary DEA's at 150% Effic.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Jamski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18, 2003, 11:01   #7
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

I know that much, I was just wondering in general can one planet with allot of Unrest reducing structures help with a whole system, or do the individual planets all need to deal with it seperately?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 18, 2003, 11:52   #8
Harry Seldon
King

I don't believe so. If you're having problems with unrest in a system, send a TF there and let it sit. People don't complain as much if they know hellfire awaits their discontent.
Old March 18, 2003, 14:15   #9
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

The reason I ask is that some of the upgrades to the Rec, govt, and Military DEA's state that they extend the sphere of influence or something like that. If that means they can spill over into other planets of the system, it would be worth colonizing that worhtless size 3 planet and filling it with nothing but rec DEA's to be able to fit one more Industry DEA on the two size 12 planets in the system for instance.

Yes, most of the unrest is stating Piracy, so I am going to do that with all my outdated ships (and maybe all those damn troop ships I let the Ai build before I realized that not all the planets were showing up in the planet screen because of the 'similar atmosphere' box being checked *again* after each reloading). It also seems some of those Magnates may not appreciate the Hive mentality as much as the Tachidi.

It was kinda funny having a bunch of plant command centers and the Insectoid Marines to attack the Silicoids, though. I was just seeing a tree telling a bunch of grasshoppers to go eat a mountain...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 18, 2003, 15:40   #10
Harry Seldon
King

I have fungoid battleoids, alkairi built ships, and noncorporeal commandos. SWEET!
Old March 19, 2003, 02:44   #11
Prothero
Chieftain

Local Time: 23:57
My only Ithkul colony is building all the ground troops I need.
Prothero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19, 2003, 06:18   #12
bakalov
Prince

Local Time: 00:57
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I think that some buildings should effect the system, or even the neighbour systems. This is what the outreach effect is for. Though the influence should be reduced when increasing distance ....