Old May 6, 2003, 21:06   #31
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 18:07
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by El Awrence
Forgive me, Comrade Marshall, for I have dispatched all those reporters from Pravda to fight for the Rodina and I have remained alone to run the paper of the Party! News is forthcoming, from all fronts!
Hurry Im thinking of running a poll on whether we should begin collecting extra blankets for you!
Old May 7, 2003, 17:56   #32
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 19:07
PRAVDA- Oktober 1941 Edition

STAVKA:

Comrade Marshall Stefanovich Knapowsky on holiday, Comrade Pavlov takes over as deputy

All workers should salute the toil of our Comrade Marshall Stefanovich Knapowsky! Since the leave of our former Marshall, and the untimely demise of Comrade Mashall Kleshnikov, may Marx keep him forever in his glory, Comrade Marshall Knapowsky rose to the occasion. His leadership and direction has indeed drawn the workers from their lack of a directed effort and, despite the power of the fascist enemy that our workers face, he has shown his ability to bring about great efforts in the Great Patriotic War!

In Comrade Marshall Knapowsky's absence, Comrade General Pavlov will be undertaking the burden of directing the concerted effort of the Soviet Union in defeating the fascist pigs. May his leadership in our struggle be a successful one.

And a good holiday from Pravda to our Great Comrade Marshall, may the vodka flow plentily in your holiday home! Nasdrovye!

BALTIC FRONT:

Leningrad pounded, Red Army Mans Trenches
The Red Army stationed around Leningrad never expected the 40 cm shell that came crashing down like fire and brimstone from hell itself, cruising through the darkened skies. Indeed, no commander ever expected to ever encounter shells of this size, but it has become known now that the fascists have brought forth the most demonstrative show of German power: a 40 cm gun nicknamed 'Karl' which continued to bombard the city that bears the namesake of our most glorious Revolutionary forefather for three days, before being located by a stranded member of our Glorious Red Airforce. The pictures brought back home by the pilot reveal the omnipresence of the gun, rumoured to be manned by almost two thousand men, taking almost an hour to reload. But the location of the huge gun gave our glorious men time to prepare a raid in anticipation, and under the cover of night, serveral artillery brigades sortied from Leningrad and opened fire upon Karl most valiantly. It took the Germans till dawn to located our gunners, but their shells had fallen with accuracy. By the time our guns were pounded by the Luftwaffe, Karl had been silenced and severely damaged. Glory to the workers, and their perseverance against all odds!

Meanwhile, Wermacht units continue to pull up outside Leningrad, and Red Army units scramble to the defence of the city, which by providence of the iron will of our workers should hold!

MURMANSK FRONT:

Road to Murmansk Closed, Fighting Reported Outside Kandalashka!
Once again, the fascists and their Finnish lapdogs have threatened the vital convoys from Murmansk that reach our Rodina from our allied, and a new Fino-German offensive into the Kola has forced the temporary closure of the road between Murmansk and the mainland. Already it is rumoured that a counteroffensive is being mounted and that, despite attempts from the Fascists to frustrate our defence, the brave Red Airforce has scrambled from its bases and in their tiny Polikarkovs, have attacked Finnish artillery and infantry and, in support of Red Army incursions, have crushed the enemy and frustrated his plans to cut us off from our allies!

UKRAINIAN FRONT:
Kiev Surrounded, Red Army Hunkering Down
More news comes from Kiev, this is expected to be our last reports from that stage of operations, as the Germans continue to pound Russian defences. Aided by the treacherous Ukrainians, the Hun continue to advance and crush our desperate units, attacked on all sides by Germans and Ukrainians alike who have turned against their brothers in assistance of these foreigner fascists! Kiev is reportedly surrounded by Wermacht forces, and Red Army units caught in the envelope are hunkering down to prepare for a desperate defence of the city. In all respects, the situation is deemed hopeless, as the brave soldiers of the Rodina are attacked by lack of supplies, hunger and by treacherous Ukrainians. However, thousands of civilians, true fighters and great workers for the cause managed to mobilise and flee of their own accord from the city, and thousands of refugees have fled east, so that they may continue the fight at the Urals! Glory to the workers and their determination!

BIELLORUSSIAN FRONT:
Soviet Salient Holds, Hun Repelled
Great news flooded Stavka headquarters over the past few weeks, with continued reports of repulsion after repulsion of fascist incursions into the Bielorussian Salient which has proved impenetrable so far for the enemy troops. Once again, with poor resources and overwhelmed numerically, through their bravery and determination the workers and soldiers of our Rodina have shown the superiority of Communism over the pettiness and punyness of our enemy! Reports state that Smolensk and Vitebsk have been garrisoned, and vital land bridges outside the cities are secure and in Soviet hands! Countless reports of failed German advances continue to be cheered, as the Hun marches his troops and tanks into ambush after ambush. It thus stands demonstrated that the people shall prevail! Glory to the people!
Old May 8, 2003, 00:30   #33
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Well done Comrade.

Now when you get a chance post some screen shots of the limits of the different fronts.

Thats part of the Propoganda Ministers job.

And yes I had lots of Vodka, and one real big headache!
Old May 9, 2003, 17:06   #34
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

You could do a quick news bit on the heroic defense of Leningrad under the leadership of the Hero of Leningrad, myself of course and also the heroic last ditch defense of Gomel and Minsk. Both cities only held of course because of my masterful repositioning of forces in that theatre.

Old May 9, 2003, 17:46   #35
Dr. Nick
Deity

Of course! We worship the ground on which you step, Comrade Marshall! Hero of the People!
Old May 9, 2003, 18:07   #36
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Spoken like a TRUE patroit of the people!

Old May 12, 2003, 08:14   #37
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 22:07
Hey! We have a PRAVDA too in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Game. Greetings Comrades! Come and visit any time with the time-space-machine in my signature.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old May 12, 2003, 12:43   #38
Dr. Nick
Deity

What is this? You come from the future you say? In peace?

*hides time travellers from STAVKA*

Give me your secrets, I beg thee! I can pay you in Roubles and pretty Russian peasant girls.

Old May 12, 2003, 13:01   #39
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 22:07
OK, the Germans win, and everyone has to eat sausages for EVER

/me takes the peasant girls and scarpers back to 2190AD

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old May 12, 2003, 13:29   #40
Dr. Nick
Deity

A, vell, vell, in zat case I vill begin to practice my Deutsche.

Too bad ze dictatorship of ze Proletariat von't vork out.

Old May 14, 2003, 12:55   #41
Iron Chancellor
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

Local Time: 17:07
Bah, defeatist! I'm sure Mr. War will kindly explain that the future he inhabits is one which only will come about if we fail to sacrifice ourselves fully to the task at hand...right?
Old May 14, 2003, 13:03   #42
Dr. Nick
Deity

Of course, he fell down the wrong leg of the trousers of time.
Old May 15, 2003, 04:43   #43
Bossy20000
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

Local Time: 23:07
There is a (peaceful) change of regime, and suddenly we here people speaking about the defeat of Communism. And we here this from the editor of Pravda! It seems that our new Marshal will have some work to do, to purge the Rodina of these traitors! To the Gulag with them, I say! (Unless of course this all seems to be some elitist kind of jokin, in which case we have to make sure that this gets wiped out. After all, we are the country of the workers, and not of some intellectuals )

I was coming to your offices to have you make some announcements for the Politburo-under-construction, but now I need to go to comrade Beria, to let him send some of his Checkists, and warn the Taman-guard (I don't really know if these existed at that time) of the Kremlin to be aware of defectors!
Old May 15, 2003, 12:19   #44
Dr. Nick
Deity

*sirens go off in Pravda*

Get him! He's criticising the government!
Old May 15, 2003, 14:17   #45
Bossy20000
Prince

Who is criticsing the governement here!!!!!!!!!!!
I shall retrun with some guards, to educate you and your so called journalists! Pravda must be the voice of the people, not of some defaitists. We are going to have a Politburo election soon, and afterwards we are going to clean out this country, and get rid of all it's enemies! There is still a lot to do in the Gulag archipel. Maybe we can send them some reinforcements!

We MUST go back to a more pure form of communism, everybody must follow the party guidelines! No more talking about losing the war! We are winning, we have been winning and we will continue winning this and every other war!
Old May 15, 2003, 22:08   #46
Dr. Nick
Deity

PRAVDA Classified Adds:

48) Offered Jobs

Pravda is looking for young, energetic young men, eager to serve the Rodina and the People, to help the editorial staff cope with the amount of work and needed articles. If you have been judged defective to serve in factories and in the army, all is not lost! If you posess a good, solid Soviet education and are profficient at reading and writing, you can work in the government propaganda machine that is Pravda.

At the moment, Pravda is looking for young men who can't twist bolts or fire guns to handle pens and typewriters for the glory of the Rodina.

If you are interested, please submit a piece of propaganda, errrr, article, to the Comissar of Propaganda and Information at: cmotcarreras@yahoo.com

Out of Character: God, I hate the weeks running upto exams, especially if you're going at a rate of three turns per week.
Old May 16, 2003, 03:54   #47
Bossy20000
Prince

It seems Pravda is back in line! This is the true Soviet spirit! Never forget that the Party is Russia.

Out of character: I understand your feelings. I should be studying marketing now, but this is more fun! Oh well, in a few weeks the exams will be over and then it is HOLIDAYS! All to our Dacha's
Old May 16, 2003, 08:05   #48
Dr. Nick
Deity

In Character: PRAVDA will not forget your attack of this Holy Institution of the Proletariat Dictatorship.

Now, you're on THE LIST. Bahahahahahah!

*Blacklists Bossy20000*

Old May 16, 2003, 11:16   #49
Bossy20000
Prince

You are not the only one with a blacklist! You are number 37596 on mine! The day will come you will regret all your transgressions!

OR

We could forge an alliance: press and ideology could work together to form a substantial power in this country. We could bury the hatchett, and combine forces to sweep this country of anti-communist feelings. Together, we could lead this country to unknown heights, and conquer the entire world (which leaves only the rest of the universe then )

It's your call.

Comrade Michaelovitch
Old May 16, 2003, 11:27   #50
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

WOW!

Watching you two together on the Politburo would be a heck of a lot of fun!

However I think you should both work together to ensure a perfect workers paradise! (And defeat of the Nazi's of course!)
Old May 16, 2003, 11:40   #51
Bossy20000
Prince

Ok, comrade Awrencovitch, we could run together for Politburo! Me as Party Ideologist, you as Propaganda Secretary!

Comrades Awrencovtich and Michaelovitch for Politburo!

For a pure and better communism!

BTW Comrade Knapovitch, defeat of the Nazi's is certain, there was no doubt about that, there is no doubt about that and there will never doubt about that! The great Soviet Army only knows victories, we have never lost a battle, and who says else should be sent on vacation to the Gulag to think about this!
Old May 16, 2003, 14:09   #52
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 17:07
Now all we need are some of the Iraqi Information Minister quotes.

A true believer in the cause.
Old May 16, 2003, 14:12   #53
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Bossy20000
BTW Comrade Knapovitch, defeat of the Nazi's is certain, there was no doubt about that, there is no doubt about that and there will never doubt about that! The great Soviet Army only knows victories, we have never lost a battle, and who says else should be sent on vacation to the Gulag to think about this!
Doubt, who said anything about doubt? You are assuming too much Comrade and you could get into big trouble for just thinking that word!
Old May 16, 2003, 14:12   #54
Shaka Naldur
Civilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by obiwan18

A true believer in the cause.
why? we are winning the war, we don´t need no quotes
Old May 16, 2003, 14:42   #55
Dr. Nick
Deity

I am Comrade Alsahafsky, for Marx's sake! Vladimir Lenin, don't people listen around here?

Quote:
There are no fascist infiltrators in Pravda. The German pigs have not come within a hundred miles of the Propaganda Ministry. If the fascists show their faces, the might of Marx and Lenin will crush them. The Workers are all happy in the USSR, and they are supermen who can fulfill 150% production of their quotas!

Old May 16, 2003, 15:20   #56
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by El Awrence
I am Comrade Alsahafsky, for Marx's sake!
Could you add your name to your signature somewhere comrade? Especially for us older comrades we have difficulty remembering the names of the all the loyal citizens!

Thanks!
Old May 16, 2003, 15:26   #57
EZRhino
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 15:07
Location: Sunset and the evening star And one clear call for me.
Our initial assessment is that they will all die

Sors salutis/ et virtutis/ michi nunc contraria,/ est affectus/ et defectus/ semper in angaria./
Hac in hora/ sine mora/ corde pulsem tangite;/ quod per sortem/ sternit fortem,/ mecum omnes plangite!
Old May 16, 2003, 15:45   #58
Bossy20000
Prince

My apologies Comrade Alsahafsky.

Comrades Alsahafsky and Michaelovitch for Politburo!

For a pure and better Communism!

Out of character: This is getting real FUN!
Old May 17, 2003, 04:08   #59
Colwyn
Prince

Local Time: 08:07
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Actual stavka order From WW2
ORDER OF STAVKA SUPREME HIGH COMMAND No. 0428
Moscow
17 November 1941
The experience of the past month of the war has shown that the German army is poorly equipped for war in winter conditions, does not have warm clothing and, having experienced enormous difficulties because of the onset of freezing weather, is hunkered down in populated areas in the
front-line zone. The impudently conceited enemy intended to pass the winter in the warm buildings of Moscow and Leningrad, but the actions of our forces have prevented this. German troops, having encountered the stubborn resistance of our units, have been forced over to the defense in broad sectors of the front and have taken up positions in populated areas along the roads to depths of from 2 to 30 kilometres to both sides.
Throughout this area German soldiers are living in towns and townships, villages, peasant huts, sheds, barns, and community bathhouses near the front line, and the headquarters of German units are quartering in larger populated areas and cities, hiding in basements and using them as cover
from our aviation and artillery. The German occupiers normally evict and drive away the Soviet populace from these locales.
Our urgent task, the resolution of which will largely condition the rapid defeat of the enemy and the dissipation of his army, is to deprive the German army of the possibility of settling into our villages and towns, to drive the German occupiers from all the populated areas into the cold fields, to smoke them out of all lodgings and warm housing and force them to freeze under the open sky.

Stavka of the Supreme High Command ORDERS:
1. To destroy and burn to the ground all populated areas in the rear of German forces to a distance of 40-60 kilometers in depth from the forward edge and 20-30 kilometres to the left and right of roads.For the destruction of populated areas in the indicated radius of actions, immediately commit aviation, broadly employ artillery and mortar fire, and send in teams of scouts, ski troops, and partisan-diversionary groups equipped with bottles with burning substance [Molotov cocktails-
J.Gebhardt], grenades, and explosive devices.
2. In each regiment create hunter teams of from 20 to 30 men each for
blowing up and burning populated areas in which enemy forces have taken
shelter. Select the bravest and strongest in the political-morale sense
fighting men, commanders, and political workers for these hunter teams.
Carefully explain to them the mission and significance of this measure for
defeating the German Army. Recommend for government decorations the
daredevils who distinguish themselves in courageous actions for the
destruction of populated areas in which the German forces are displaced.
3. During the forced withdrawal of our units in one or another sector,
take the Soviet population with you and be sure to destroy without
exception all populated areas so that the enemy cannot use them. For this
purpose first of all employ the hunter teams that have been designated in
regiments.
4. Military Councils of fronts and separate armies are systematically to
confirm how the missions for the destruction of populated areas are being
carried out in the above indicated radius from the front line. Every 3
days report to Stavka by separate summary how many and which populated
areas have been destroyed during the preceding days and by what means
these results were achieved.
Stavka Supreme High Command
I. STALIN
B. SHAPOSHNIKOV
Old May 17, 2003, 09:11   #60
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Comrades Alsahafsky and Michaelovitch, I need you to look at the What to do at the Murmansk Front Poll.

Comrade Yopov has launched a poll without a banana option!

I am beginning to question his political purity.

Please investigate this situation and let us know how serious it really is!