Old March 20, 2003, 22:57   #61
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 22:12
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by BeBro

Well, to be fair, calling Germany a major military power today is not really correct. Generally, our military was not only constantly reduced during the last decade, it is also under-equipped and lacks financial support...
But its ever so slightly more powerful than QATAR and CYPRUS
Old March 20, 2003, 22:58   #62
ranskaldan
Prince

Local Time: 17:12
Quote:
Originally posted by BeBro

Well, to be fair, calling Germany a major military power today is not really correct. Generally, our military was not only constantly reduced during the last decade, it is also under-equipped and lacks financial support...
Granted.

On the other hand, the US maintains thousands of troops in Germany. German opposition to an American war isn't exactly something America can ignore.
Old March 20, 2003, 23:00   #63
vee4473
King

Saddam keeps giving the entire world the finger with every resolution he violates.

Yet, some keep defending him..amazing.

Saddam has actually presented an effective strategy for dictators...

String along the UN and the world for long enough , and the span of time will ease memories to the point where no one really cares about what originally happened to cause the conflict in the first place.

And those that try to point it out, will be the ones condemned.

Saddam is a master at survival. I don't deny that. But his time is over.
Old March 20, 2003, 23:00   #64
BeBro
Emperor

Local Time: 00:12
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Tassadar5000

But its ever so slightly more powerful than QATAR and CYPRUS
Well, I think we could hold them at bay
Old March 20, 2003, 23:01   #65
Lincoln
King

Actually I think the truth of the matter is that France and the United States were both using the UN for their own purposes. The US finally decided it could no longer us it.
Old March 20, 2003, 23:02   #66
ranskaldan
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by vee4473
Saddam keeps giving the entire world the finger with every resolution he violates.

More and more people in the world fear America far more than they fear Iraq.
Old March 20, 2003, 23:02   #67
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 00:12
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Lincoln
Actually I think the truth of the matter is that France and the United States were both using the UN for their own purposes. The US finally decided it could no longer us it.
What Lincoln said. Nobody cared about the sanctity of the UN or crap like that. It was all a power play.
Old March 20, 2003, 23:06   #68
vee4473
King

and by the way guys,

I don't really have a problem with anyone who genuinely opposes the war, but to forget the reasons why we are at this point or to blame it on the US smacks of pure unobjective america hating.

If thats your thing, at least be honest about it.

Why has no one here paused their US bashing long enough to even CONTEMPLATE the responsibility that saddam has in all of this?????

As if the US president just woke up one day and thought to himself "let's blow away iraq for no reason"...

"I want to alienate the world...yeah! I'm not trying to protect my country from a terrorist state..."
Old March 20, 2003, 23:07   #69
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace

Quote:

String along the UN and the world for long enough , and the span of time will ease memories to the point where no one really cares about what originally happened to cause the conflict in the first place.

And those that try to point it out, will be the ones condemned.

Saddam is a master at survival. I don't deny that. But his time is over.
*COUGH COUGH* LIBYA, EGYPT, ISRAEL *COOOOOOUGH COUGH*

Even larger violators of the UN, Israel being the largest with 33.

Iwonder who learned from who
Old March 20, 2003, 23:07   #70
vee4473
King

Quote:
Originally posted by ranskaldan

More and more people in the world fear America far more than they fear Iraq.
Why? because we dare to protect ourselves or be the ones to hold the UN to it's own resolutions??

for pete's sake.. if you hate america, just say it.

don't be veiled.
Old March 20, 2003, 23:08   #71
Nubclear

Quote:
Why has no one here paused their US bashing long enough to even CONTEMPLATE the responsibility that saddam has in all of this?????
Oh yeah, Saddam has responsibility all right.

But your much funner to troll
Old March 20, 2003, 23:09   #72
Nubclear

Quote:

Why? because we dare to protect ourselves
:lol Does Iraq border the US? If not, then I really dont think we need to fear them

Pakistan <-----Largest proliferator of nuclear materials
N Korea ------Rouge regieme WITH nukes.

Quote:
or be the ones to hold the UN to it's own resolutions??
Israel......I keep mentioning Israel.
Old March 20, 2003, 23:09   #73
ranskaldan
Prince

Quote:
and by the way guys,

I don't really have a problem with anyone who genuinely opposes the war, but to forget the reasons why we are at this point or to blame it on the US smacks of pure unobjective america hating.

A lot of us don't hate America per se. We're just laughing at the stupidity how America is making it easy for the entire world to hate them.

Quote:
All of what?

Quote:
As if the US president just woke up one day and thought to himself "let's blow away iraq for no reason"...

"I want to alienate the world...yeah! I'm not trying to protect my country from a terrorist state..."
And Iraq was responsible for which act?
Old March 20, 2003, 23:10   #74
ranskaldan
Prince

Quote:

Why? because we dare to protect ourselves or be the ones to hold the UN to it's own resolutions??

for pete's sake.. if you hate america, just say it.

don't be veiled.
We are merely trying to be helpful by pointing out that your bullying tactics aren't working too well.

The point isn't even about Saddam any more. It's about America treating the rest of the world with contempt and arrogance. They were NOT doing that in the first Gulf War; not even in Kosovo.
Old March 20, 2003, 23:11   #75
vee4473
King

Quote:

*COUGH COUGH* LIBYA, EGYPT, ISRAEL *COOOOOOUGH COUGH*

Even larger violators of the UN, Israel being the largest with 33.

Iwonder who learned from who

ok, Tassadar, you showed your hand.

You hate israel and therefore, by default , hate the US.

so you can't have an objective discussion.
thats ok, but be honest about it.

thanks for the clarification.

sitting here bashing the us as if you don't have a hidden agenda.

please
Old March 20, 2003, 23:13   #76
Lincoln
King

Quote:
and by the way guys,

Welcome to Apolyton! Home of the hate America coalition. And don't expect much honesty here. They will all say that they are motivated by love and peace. I guess that means that they would love it if we were blown off the face of the earth and they could have peace in their hearts if we were nuked into oblivian.
Old March 20, 2003, 23:13   #77
ranskaldan
Prince

Quote:

so you can't have an objective discussion.
thats ok, but be honest about it.

thanks for the clarification.

sitting here bashing the us as if you don't have a hidden agenda.

please
Poisoning the well.

Go look that up if you want. It's the name of a common fallacy.
Old March 20, 2003, 23:14   #78
ranskaldan
Prince

Quote:

Welcome to Apolyton! Home of the hate America coalition. And don't expect much honesty here. They will all say that they are motivated by love and peace. I guess that means that they would love it if we were blown off the face of the earth and they could have peace in their hearts if we were nuked into oblivian.
We are but a slice of world opinion. Maybe you should contemplate the reasons for such world opinion.
Old March 20, 2003, 23:14   #79
vee4473
King

Quote:

We are merely trying to be helpful by pointing out that your bullying tactics aren't working too well.

The point isn't even about Saddam any more. It's about America treating the rest of the world with contempt and arrogance. They were NOT doing that in the first Gulf War; not even in Kosovo.
clinton didn't even go to the un for kosovo!!!!!!!!

He didn't care about the un!! and you don't care in thatinstance?

oh brother.

the ignorance here is astounding.

but if protecting your country from terrorists and holding an invader accountable for his violations is "bullying" than give me your friggin' lunch money.

feel free to bash me now. i must go
Old March 20, 2003, 23:16   #80
Nubclear

Quote:

Look Everyone! Vee couldn't debate me so instead resorted to this!!!!

BTW, I love Israel and our Israeli friends. But if were talking about UN violations....
Old March 20, 2003, 23:16   #81
ranskaldan
Prince

Quote:

clinton didn't even go to the un for kosovo!!!!!!!!

He didn't care about the un!! and you don't care in thatinstance?

oh brother.

the ignorance here is astounding.
I know he didn't go the the UN. Stop leaping to conclusions from what I did not say.

And that's exactly my point. We didn't care at all that he didn't go to the UN.

America isn't as popular as it used to be, as you can tell.

Last edited by ranskaldan; March 20, 2003 at 23:22.
Old March 20, 2003, 23:18   #82
Nubclear

Quote:

Someones blood pressure is spiking
Old March 20, 2003, 23:18   #83
Lincoln
King

Quote:

We are but a slice of world opinion. Maybe you should contemplate the reasons for such world opinion.
Apolyton really is not a fair representation of world opinion. This is a gaming site, remember? I can just as easily say the the freerepublic website fairly represents the opinions of the world.
Old March 20, 2003, 23:19   #84
ranskaldan
Prince

False analogy.

Freerepublic is a website that is obviously dedicated to a certain political view.

Apolyton, on the other hand, is a gaming site.
Old March 20, 2003, 23:20   #85
Lincoln
King

Quote:

Someones blood pressure is spiking
No, I am calmly going to bed. Have a nice troll while I am gone.
Old March 20, 2003, 23:20   #86
Uncle Sparky
NationStates
King

It should be noted that the US, as a major stakeholder in the IMF & the World bank, has guarenteed hundreds of billions of dollars in relief and debt deferals to countries willing to sign on.

Many who are refusing to join have been told they will be economically punished.

... and the US still only has about 3 dozen takers !

One Canadian pundit said the other day that the US is fighting on two fronts - they will probably win handily on the Iraqi front but are going down in flames on the world opinion front.
Old March 20, 2003, 23:20   #87
Nubclear

And the award for "Largest and Most Active Forum" goes to........

OT!!!
Old March 20, 2003, 23:21   #88
Nubclear

Quote:

No, I am calmly going to bed. Have a nice troll while I am gone.
I will Take your Procardia (sp) now....It'll all be okay
Old March 20, 2003, 23:22   #89
Lincoln
King

Quote:
False analogy.

Freerepublic is a website that is obviously dedicated to a certain political view.

Apolyton, on the other hand, is a gaming site.
Apolyton leans to the left. Take a poll here someday. Many have been taken in the past. But maybe it has changed recently, but I don't think so. Anyway, I am off to bed. Night all...
Old March 20, 2003, 23:24   #90
vee4473
King

Quote:

:lol Does Iraq border the US? If not, then I really dont think we need to fear them

Pakistan <-----Largest proliferator of nuclear materials
N Korea ------Rouge regieme WITH nukes.

Israel......I keep mentioning Israel.
Iraq borders terrorist states. And Iraq would give WMD to any terrorist if it meant getting back at us.

I never understood those who couldn't see that in this day and age, borders mean nothing. Obviously iraq would never launch an ICBM! He would rather sell it to a terrorist so that his finger prints are no where to be found!

A nuclear bomb could go off in NYC, and because it was a smuggled terrorist weapon, it would be virtually untraceable and saddam would sit back and laugh while the UN engaged in another round of "talks" arguing that there was no proof that iraq was involved...and on and on and on it goes....

Iraq selling WMD to any terrorist is very real in this day and age for pete's sake. How can you argue this? Please explain.

And north korea is being dealt with as well. Can you imagine if Iraq was allowed to get to the point of North korea???

The nightmare??? You argue this???

oh my gosh, i weep for the world.

holy shmoly