Old April 17, 2003, 21:11   #61
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 16:22
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Cedayon... now I know what you meant by not being very good... what you don't realize is that it's a perfect strategy for CtP... now it's time to see if it works in SMAC I suppose.

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old April 18, 2003, 12:31   #62
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 00:22
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Now I only wished I knew something about CtP.
Old April 21, 2003, 11:38   #63
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

So, who has the turn these days?
Old April 21, 2003, 11:49   #64
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

I sent after my post about the CtP style of playing... been away for Easter so it might have come back to me?

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old April 21, 2003, 12:56   #65
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 10:22
All I can say is that it still hasn't reached me.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old April 24, 2003, 14:29   #66
Maniac

Then we'll have to shout at TKG.
Old April 24, 2003, 19:04   #67
FlameFlash
Emperor

Oh TKG!?

Old April 24, 2003, 19:55   #68
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 23:22
Wakey wakey
Old April 24, 2003, 20:07   #69
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 19:22
erh, i don't have the save. can you try sending it again?
Old April 24, 2003, 20:12   #70
FlameFlash
Emperor

resending... now... crap... I'll have to replay it... didn't save the sent file...

I'll play it shortly and get it out... pardon the replay warning.

Old April 24, 2003, 20:34   #71
FlameFlash
Emperor

resent.

Old April 24, 2003, 20:47   #72
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

i got it, but then, problems. first of all, i get an error message about MWIA's faction files, then it won't open the turn. i don't have any more time to play tonight, but if i can get this fixed, i'll play tomorrow
Old April 24, 2003, 23:30   #73
FlameFlash
Emperor

faction files?

Was I supposed to download anything extra before playing?

Old April 25, 2003, 07:20   #74
Maniac

Not really. Just if you want to see different leader faces and all that. The edited text of our faction files is saved in the save file itself.
Old April 25, 2003, 09:34   #75
FlameFlash
Emperor

Are you sure? That might explain why TKG has a problem... if you used custom factions, especially.

Old April 25, 2003, 17:01   #76
Method
Emperor

alright, i'm stuck. i no longer get that MWIA message, but i do get the "system error" sound and this message:
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.gif
Views:	42
Size:	4.4 KB
ID:	43260  
Old April 25, 2003, 17:06   #77
Maniac

I wish I could help you, but I've never got such an error in my entire "SMAC career". Do all other save files still work?
Old April 25, 2003, 17:11   #78
Method
Emperor

yes. maybe it has something to do with FF's mac-ness?
Old April 25, 2003, 17:20   #79
Maniac

FlameFlash has Mac!?! Well in that case it's rather obvious there are problems. Mac isn't compatible with other PC's right? I find it odd then FlameFlash had no problems with opening the file.

I don't think we can find a solution for this problem...
Old April 25, 2003, 17:48   #80
Darsnan
supporter
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPolyCast TeamSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 18:22
Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
Well in that case it's rather obvious there are problems. Mac isn't compatible with other PC's right? I find it odd then FlameFlash had no problems with opening the file.
another SMAC(X) player, wgabrie, has a MAC as well, and I have never experienced any problems in any of our common games as far a translating the game back and forth (although I have never tried with custom factions before). If you want, send me the file, and I'll see if I can open/play the turn, and maybe that'll narrow down our problem.

D
Old April 25, 2003, 22:23   #81
FlameFlash
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
FlameFlash has Mac!?! Well in that case it's rather obvious there are problems. Mac isn't compatible with other PC's right? I find it odd then FlameFlash had no problems with opening the file.

I don't think we can find a solution for this problem...
I've played PBEM in SMAC/SMAX for quite some time with PC users with no problems whatsoever, so it's not because of Mac-ness.

If somebody could send me the edited .txt files for the factions, I'll try playing the turn again... IMHO, that's the problem.

Old April 25, 2003, 22:26   #82
FlameFlash
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Darsnan

another SMAC(X) player, wgabrie, has a MAC as well, and I have never experienced any problems in any of our common games as far a translating the game back and forth (although I have never tried with custom factions before). If you want, send me the file, and I'll see if I can open/play the turn, and maybe that'll narrow down our problem.

D
What's your e-mail address? I'll forward my turn with the password and TKG, if you could forward your turn to him as well, we'll see if Mac-ness has anything to do with it.

Old April 25, 2003, 22:33   #83
Darsnan
supporter
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPolyCast TeamSpore
Emperor

My E-Mail address was posted earlier in this thread, however it is xxxxdnandal@twcny.rr.comxxxxx minus the x's.
Also, have you considered that the file was simply corrupted in transit, and that a resend might work as well? If I could get a virgin resend, that might also help, too.

D

-=Vel=-
Old April 26, 2003, 08:01   #84
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 23:22
Hope everyone remembers it's a SMAX game but with SMAC factions also

Last edited by Hercules; April 26, 2003 at 08:06.
Old April 26, 2003, 11:40   #85
Method
Emperor

yes, that's not the problem. i definately used SMAX
Old April 26, 2003, 13:17   #86
FlameFlash
Emperor

TKG's copy, as well as my copy of the turn sent. I'm using the latest version of DropZip... are you using the latest unzipping app, TKG?

Old April 26, 2003, 13:46   #87
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

I received the turn and played a couple of rounds of the game, and had no problems with it.
Also, I have been contacted by War of Art for taking over Cyurus's faction in this game. Which faction is this, so that I send him the right password?

D

-=Vel=-
Old April 26, 2003, 13:56   #88
FlameFlash
Emperor

Did you mean Cedayon's place? He's who I took over for...

Did you also try loading the turn that I sent TKG? How did it work?

Old April 26, 2003, 14:21   #89
Method
Emperor

ok this was my fault. FF's .zip was called "rftp-tkg.sav.zip" so when i unzipped it, it made a folder called "rftp-tkg.sav". the game thought the folder was the save so that's why it couldn't open it. a rename was all it took

2104 to MWIA
Old April 26, 2003, 14:55   #90
FlameFlash
Emperor

Okay... from now on I'll try to remember to rename the zipped files.