Old March 24, 2003, 09:04   #1
a_wanderer
Settler

Local Time: 00:27
Local Date: November 2, 2010
scenarios?
hello,

i've been following the forums quite regularly around civ3's initial release and up to shortly prior to the release of ptw.

since then i've lost touch with things however, and have a question - what happened to scenario making? i know of the huge obstacles the (map) editor in civ3 was puting in front of scenario makers and have the impression that despite the promises ptw also didn't quite gave all that was needed for good scenarios - but has that change in any way now?

i took a look a the scenario forums and though there are some scenarios it looks like there aren't as yet 'classics' that can measure up with the lights of scenarios such as ww2 or ww3 etc from civ2.

can someone tell me what's the situation re scenarios, are users starting creating them, are there any 'classics' yet, or have every one given up trying because the editor is just not good enough? if that's the case is there any word from firaxis on the matter?

thanks in advance

pozdravi
Old March 24, 2003, 10:27   #2
Spec
Emperor

Local Time: 22:27
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Seriously you'd really have to chose and decide for your self, there are to many.

http://apolyton.net/forums/forumdisp...s=&forumid=140

Spec.
Old March 24, 2003, 19:16   #3
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 16:27
Here's what I know:

As you are aware, the editor as it stands has no provisios for certain type of modifications, like for example, you can't set up diplomatic options, see the whole map, set city production levels, etc. Biggest of all, there's no event editor. All these have pretty much discouraged the making of scenarios in Civ3.

There are RUMOURS of a supposed 2nd expansion pack which will feature a much more robust editor and pre-made scenarios (the japanese medieval and ww2 secnarios).

Warp Storm (if he shows up) knows much more about this. There are also many threads over there at CDG www.cdgroup.org

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old March 25, 2003, 02:39   #4
a_wanderer
Settler

Local Time: 00:27
Local Date: November 2, 2010
thanks for the feedback to both of you ;_)

let's hope a second expansion or at least a better editor does come along, i personally think that despite all the racket in the end civ 3 turned out to be a very entertaining game despite all flaws, and a chance for making good scenarios will make it possible for it to measure up with the popularity of civ2..

pozdravi
Old March 25, 2003, 05:31   #5
Reinhard-Baer
Chieftain

Local Time: 17:27
Well personally I like the imperialism scens. There are some of them in the thread mentioned above and you have to try them they are really good.
No plz excuse me I've to colonize the world.
Old March 25, 2003, 06:04   #6
TheStinger
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 23:27
Culture fliiping in WW2 might be aproblem