Old March 24, 2003, 20:18   #1
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

Local Time: 23:29
Local Date: November 1, 2010
SimCountry update
Now that (apparently) I'm the new Chairman of Apolyton Federation (the only good thing happened to me so far in the last month ) I think we should adjust some rules: please feel free to post your opinions arrrr matey ;

Here are my proposals:

Defensive index 100%
Offensive index 50%
Strategic index 0%

No offense intended, but if one of us is attacked and needs to use nukes, I don't want to think that he shared his 10 nuclear missiles with countries located on the other side of the world

Newbie countries will be accepted in Apolyton after they reach the top 1000 of world ranking AND 2 weeks of gameplay- I've seen enough newbies playing the games, getting invited and trashing it after a cpl weeks; for those concerned about them getting aid, remember they can always ask help on poly threads and/or sending PMs while playing SimCountry- you don't give avatars to all those newbies entering poly forum for the first time after all

We need a forum! SimCountry is much more deep and complex than NationStates after all, we should have one as well
I won't start these proposals as I want to know your opinion first- the more the merrier

Skanky- would you mind posting your country's salaries? I'm very interested in what the difference could be- thx in advance
I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom
Old March 24, 2003, 20:46   #2
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 09:29
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Average saleries, or salary percentage in my corporations, or what?
I am putting all my corporations salaries at 200%. Increase productivity and increase the taxes my citizens pay.

Average Salaries: (The Empire of Drunken Macaque NoCEOs)
Code:
Low Level Worker	 53,683 $E	 65,514 $E
Medium Level Worker	 73,187 $E	 87,352 $E
High Level Worker	 87,044 $E	109,190 $E
Low Level Manager	110,189 $E	131,028 $E
Medium Level Manager	148,208 $E	174,704 $E
High Level Manager	181,717 $E	218,380 $E
Executive		520,085 $E	655,140 $E
High Tech Engineer	136,307 $E	174,704 $E
High Tech Senior	256,943 $E	327,570 $E
High Tech Executive	662,823 $E	873,520 $E
Teacher			131,028 $E	131,028 $E
University Teacher	174,704 $E	174,704 $E
Nurse			 87,352 $E	 87,352 $E
Doctor			218,380 $E	218,380 $E
Senior Doctor		327,570 $E	327,570 $E
Soldier			 87,352 $E	 87,352 $E
Officer			174,704 $E	174,704 $E
I agree with point 1 - nukes are too expensive to be handing out to anyone anyway.

With point 2, that seems fair too. We can help them without them needing to be in a federation at that stage. Newbies are safe from war for the first n months.

Point 3. Yes! That would be very useful. We could then analyze all the different aspects of the game and see what worked the best. I know for a fact that my invasion strategies aren't the best against computer players (having lost 1000 helicopters, and used up all my ammo). Fortunately I have my 2nd country buying ammo up for me too, and a company being built to supply me with ammo. But thats getting off-topic a little.

Last edited by Skanky Burns; March 24, 2003 at 20:53.
Old March 24, 2003, 23:15   #3
Colon™
Emperor

Local Time: 00:29
You guys are playing in White Giant right? If the rules are exactly the same as in Kebir Blue I might consider giving up my country there.

PS: being a non-member, I think not sharing strategic weapons is sensible but 100% defense seems a lil high.

Last edited by Colon™; March 24, 2003 at 23:23.
Old March 25, 2003, 00:17   #4
Malleus
NationStates
Warlord

Local Time: 14:29
IMHO, as a leader in the allied Bronze Federation, I would like to suggest you avoid the appearance of putting your eggs in one basket. If someone should stumble upon this thread who means the Apolyton ill, they could orchestrate some "false" wars to draw off Defense and then attack their "real" target.

M

PS: I wrote Markos back some time ago, and he has not replied about the forum/civgroup issue.

President of the nation of Riis in W3's SimCountry.
Old March 25, 2003, 04:49   #5
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 01:29
Solid plan, fran! now deal with the forum administration to actually give us a forum.

2. is ok, a tad harsh, but ok. I guess.
Old March 25, 2003, 11:47   #6
Colon™
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Azazel
2. is ok, a tad harsh, but ok. I guess.
I agree, but invite me as member before you install that new rule.
Old March 25, 2003, 13:49   #7
Az
Emperor

I think we'll be able to find a loophole.
Old March 25, 2003, 15:31   #8
Colon™
Emperor

Here's what the ranking says about me:

1351 (+1111) Mister Colon Menca 824 1133 1781 no Experienced

I'm making rapid progress and I'm considered to be experienced by the game engine, surely those are enough qualifications to accept me?
DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.
Old March 25, 2003, 16:16   #9
dudemanjack
Warlord

Local Time: 18:29
Re: SimCountry update
Here is my proposal for sharing of resources:

65% Defense
65% Offense
10% Strategic

I think 100% is way too high. New countries cannot even be attacked, so they should be expected to build up their defense in the ~ 3 years of game time. This won't be very hard, since the people involved in the game can provide help. Plus, defense is fairly cheap - especially when compared to offensive and strategic forces (I am referring to the upkeep costs - not the purchase).

I like a higher sharing of offensive resources because you only share them in a fed vote on war anyway...so we shouldn't limit it at 40 or 50%.

I like #2 because there will be less dead weight in the federation. When there are more people who aren't really playing, it takes longer for important votes to get passed.

We obviously need a forum - Just look how many posts are in our "Simcountry" thread. I think I've posted more in that thread than in every single other thread put together .

We should also get some kind of "newbie" guide for how to start. Sometimes the game gives you bad advice in the newspaper section on the bottom of the screen.
Old March 25, 2003, 16:57   #10
Colon™
Emperor

Re: Re: SimCountry update
Quote:
Originally posted by dudemanjack
Here is my proposal for sharing of resources:

65% Defense
65% Offense
10% Strategic

I think 100% is way too high. New countries cannot even be attacked, so they should be expected to build up their defense in the ~ 3 years of game time. This won't be very hard, since the people involved in the game can provide help. Plus, defense is fairly cheap - especially when compared to offensive and strategic forces (I am referring to the upkeep costs - not the purchase).

I like a higher sharing of offensive resources because you only share them in a fed vote on war anyway...so we shouldn't limit it at 40 or 50%.
In that case, shouldn't you also need a majority of the votes larger than 50%? (more like 2/3 of 3/4 of the votes) If a country doesn't support a war, it isn't fair that it will have to share the burden of the fighting to such an extent.

(my opinion as a non-member of course )
Old March 25, 2003, 18:24   #11
Az
Emperor

"Experienced" doesn't mean too much. it means that you do ok.

I have "Agressive" just because I have any sort of offensive capabilities.

Oh, another decision we should make, is to create a federal defence industry, and locate a couple of factories in each country.
That way, we could keep the money inside the family.
Old March 25, 2003, 18:36   #12
Colon™
Emperor

Quote:
"Experienced" doesn't mean too much. it means that you do ok.
No no no, I really think we should all put great importance to that label.

Quote:
Oh, another decision we should make, is to create a federal defence industry, and locate a couple of factories in each country.
That way, we could keep the money inside the family.
I have a land based cruise missile plant, and a defense helis plant coming up as well, if you're interested.
Old March 25, 2003, 19:27   #13
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

Another thing: are there good CEOs willing to build new industries in newbie countries? Newbies are clueless in building a strong economy, that should do the trick
I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom
Old March 25, 2003, 19:43   #14
Az
Emperor

Colon: NOOOO! generally speaking, defence contractors suck big time if you want to sale your stuff over the open market. I was suggesting a small number of factories to support the needs of the entire federation. But only if everyone will agree ( and will buy supplies, of course. )
Old March 25, 2003, 21:03   #15
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Generally it is cheaper and easier to just buy what you need from the open market. Defence (and offence/strategic) factories generally run at a loss. By buying on the open market, you will be saving money. The only problem with buying on the open market is that you run into budget constraints (you can't buy more than 15,000 helicopter land missiles per month. Try next month). Blah!

One good reason to build these weapons factories is when the cost of running them doesn't outweigh the ease of micromanagement. I am building a factory just so I can get around the budget problem, but I also know that I will be using that much up and more, and that I can also afford to be buying that much each month. I am also expecting my CEO will have to regularly dump money into the company to keep it afloat.

Colon: Is that cruise missile plant based in White Giant? If so, I would be interested in buying some on contract. How many do you produce per month, and how many would you be willing to sell per month?
Old March 25, 2003, 22:13   #16
Lawrence of Arabia
PtWDG Gathering StormMac
King

Local Time: 14:29
Ive started making Interceptors. If you want, I can become the defense contractor (although you can only own 3 corporations in each country) Ive got 23 up for sale this month. Who wants them?
Old March 25, 2003, 22:20   #17
dudemanjack
Warlord

Local Time: 18:29
Couple of things

I also think we should change the necessary votes in order to pass certain things within the federation. I meant to include that - what the #'s should be, I do not know. We would need to agree on our new member policy first.

About weapons trade: What I plan to do is use my enterprise to sell weapons to my country. I have been neglecting my enterprise a bit, but they are really easy to keep profitable, and I plan to very aggressively grow so I can absorb the losses.

A good advantage of direct selling is that it won't go toward the $6B limit on military spending.
Old March 25, 2003, 23:40   #18
Colon™
Emperor

Quote:
Colon: NOOOO! generally speaking, defence contractors suck big time if you want to sale your stuff over the open market. I was suggesting a small number of factories to support the needs of the entire federation. But only if everyone will agree ( and will buy supplies, of course. )
Hmmyeah, I've read that before but I've also read it's possible to make them profitable after a good while, so I'm taking the shot. Besides, it's nifty to have an arms industry.

Skany Burns, I produce 300 missiles a month, and I've fairly stable supplies so as far as I'm concerned I could sell a couple of dozens a month.
How much you want?

Lawrence, I'd be interested to purchase interceptors, but not at the present because of my finances.
Old March 26, 2003, 02:08   #19
Skanky Burns

How about we try 50 per month for 25 months?

Quote:
A good advantage of direct selling is that it won't go toward the $6B limit on military spending.
Per month contracts don't, but direct selling (one-shot deals) do.
Old March 26, 2003, 10:54   #20
Colon™
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns
How about we try 50 per month for 25 months?
50 is perfect. What's your country's name?
Old March 26, 2003, 10:55   #21
Colon™
Emperor

BTW, I can also sell defensive helicopters now.
DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.
Old March 26, 2003, 11:12   #22
Giovanni Wine
NationStatesNever Ending Stories
King

Ehm, back on topic.

I Agree with #2, too low ranking countries should not be admitted until they seem to be stable enough.

#1 I Agree with Malleus position, 100% seems a bit too much, and I like dudemanjack percentages better, although I would lower the Offense a bit to 55% and raise Def to 70%

Def: 70%
Off: 55%
Stat: 10%

---------------

Also on a side not, the Kingdom of Wine also have an alliance with a nation outside the federation, that is the Empire of Gions runned by my brothers (although currently I'm running it as my broth left today for a schooltrip of 4 days in Rome) (In case you are wondering my brother is 15).
And also I believe my brother also have an Alliance with Azazel country.

Anyway, I can not believe in what shape my brother have left me his country, he completely destroyed its economy, and the funny thing is that he told me to buy some strategic weapon for a future attack to help Azazel... but I guess you'll have to wait a bit because I hardly believe that in only 4 days I will be able to restore that country back to its past greatness

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
"In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio
Old March 26, 2003, 19:26   #23
Skanky Burns

Quote:
Originally posted by Colon
50 is perfect. What's your country's name?
The Empire of Drunken Macaque NoCEOs

And how many defensive helicopters are you willing to sell?
I would like 2000 in total to:

The Empires Slave NoCEOs

so however many you can spare for however many months it will take to get to 2000.

Giov: Tell your brother to get a good economy first, and then get weapons. You can get much more firepower that way.

Last edited by Skanky Burns; March 26, 2003 at 19:38.
Old March 27, 2003, 10:26   #24
Az
Emperor

Actually, ANY economy will do.

I am now The Republic of Azazelia NO CEOs, btw. all apolytonian CEOs can try and request a permission to build a corp., though.
Old March 27, 2003, 11:25   #25
Garth Vader
King

Local Time: 16:29
Quote:
Originally posted by Colon
You guys are playing in White Giant right? If the rules are exactly the same as in Kebir Blue I might consider giving up my country there.

PS: being a non-member, I think not sharing strategic weapons is sensible but 100% defense seems a lil high.
Somebody else is in Kebir Blue! Who are you? I am The Dopak Empire.
Old March 27, 2003, 12:35   #26
Az
Emperor

MOVE TO THE WHITE GIANT, BE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE>$^$#%&
Old March 27, 2003, 12:45   #27
Colon™
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Garth Vader

Somebody else is in Kebir Blue! Who are you? I am The Dopak Empire.
What Azazel said, I moved to White Giant.
Old March 27, 2003, 14:49   #28
Garth Vader
King

Local Time: 16:29
I am not interested in the game enough to start over.

Besides, I am ranked 42nd Why would I want to give that up.
Old March 27, 2003, 15:05   #29
Az
Emperor

Old March 28, 2003, 22:58   #30
Skanky Burns

Nice.