Old March 25, 2003, 11:24   #1
Brazuca
Warlord

Local Time: 22:32
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Triving Ecosystem
It's Really great, i had on my 25 planets empire a single Triving Ecosystem planet that produces 763 +- food of a total 1100 food produced and a consuption of 500 +-,he support the whole empire, i had to defend it well to don't have the whole empire starving if i loose it, this is great because in can make the other planets concentrate on theya re best suited for, a interesting thing, the Silicoid do not bioharvest...they eat minerals? how this eat value are calculated?
Brazuca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9, 2003, 03:51   #2
Wormhole
Settler

Hey, what did you build on that planet man, did you fill it out with just the Bioharvest DEA or what?
Yes the Silicoid eat minerals, I believe that the minerals are deducted from the mineral stocks. Thats why the Silicoid nead their superior mining skills, its so they can feed their populace and have enough minerals to produce things.
Wormhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10, 2003, 02:15   #3
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 17:32
Yeah, Silicoids eat Minerals. An interesting fact is that they only eat 75% minerals... whereas cybernetiks eat 50% bio and 50% minerals, and all other races eat 100% bio. So Silicoilds eat less than other races, though the mineral drain could be a handicap early game.
Old April 11, 2003, 16:26   #4
Brazuca
Warlord

Bio's my friend
If i remenber well my planet are size 6 i play with human with no biohaverst bonus, the planet is a sweet spot with 100 % human population, i placed a mil dea, a recrea dea, two industi dea, and 9 bio dea, the fertility are green on nearly all regions and lot of they are plains soo i an now on the turn 390 and a plain produces 150 and a montain 100 of food, i don't remenber the begin of game value, but they are higher too, the inky thing that i remenber is that sometime i produce a total of 1000 food ( turn 50 to 70 if i remenber well ) from this 768 food come from my triving planet...cool dont you think? About the silicoids and cibernetics, is cool they eat mineral and thinking about we could trade resources, would be cool, they give food and i give mineral, nobody starve .
Brazuca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18, 2003, 00:24   #5
Sir Alkis
Chieftain

I found a red planet with thriving ecosystem and it doesn't produce much food. Maybe yours is so good because it's plains and fertile. According to the game's help T.E. has nothing to do with food production.

-
Sir Alkis is offline   Reply With Quote