Old March 26, 2003, 16:58   #31
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 22:33
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Lonestar

So what are you saying...That Russians are not evil?

Exactly!
Old March 26, 2003, 17:00   #32
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 17:33
Quote:
Originally posted by Big Crunch
Any word on the replicator menace, or are they to be left on the Asgarde homeworld for all eternity?
God, I really have missed alot of episodes. How did they end up on the Asgarde homeworld?
Old March 26, 2003, 17:03   #33
Dauphin
Civilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 23:33
In response to DD:

Spoiler:
The SG team found and terminated the creator (an android) of the replicators, and gave her body to the Asgard. The Asgard used a homing beacon within her body to lure all the replicators to a planet. There they set off a time dilation device that means that time for anything on the planet (including replicators) runs at a fraction of the speed of time for the outside universe.
Old March 26, 2003, 17:07   #34
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Was that meant to serve as a stop gap measure until they found a more permanent way to deal with the threat they represent?
Blackwidow24 and FemmeAdonis fan club
Old March 26, 2003, 17:08   #35
Dauphin
Deity

Supposedly.

There was an episode about how it backfired already. The SG team sorted the problem out and they are back in their box.
Old March 26, 2003, 17:09   #36
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 18:33
Quote:
Originally posted by Big Crunch
Any word on the replicator menace, or are they to be left on the Asgarde homeworld for all eternity?
Hell if I know. What am I, the UberGeek of Apolyton?
Old March 26, 2003, 17:10   #37
Dauphin
Deity

'Anson is though.
Old March 26, 2003, 17:11   #38
Paul Hanson
King

SG-1 visited a world where they found an android girl lying inactive. They managed to reactivate her, but discovered shortly afterwards that she was able to create the Replicators from any raw materials she could find using some form of nano-technology. She also has the ability to directly control them with her mind, and she attempts to take over the SGC when it becomes clear that they aren't going to just let her leave when she wants to. They eventually manage to disable her (O'Neill shoots her at close range), and her body, for want of a better word, is sent to the Asgard for closer study.

The Asgard are unable to reactivate her (for plot device reasons they aren't so advanced all of a sudden), but they do manage to find a latent command in her memory core; "come forth". They implant this command into a powerful beacon, place it on their homeworld (don't ask me why they couldn't place it some shithole planet instead) and broadcast it across the known universe, causing all the Replicators to congregate in the one place.

The beacon is, of course, a trap; it creates a subspace bubble around it, slowing time down by a factor of 1000, or something like that, effectively sealing the Replicators off from the rest of the universe and giving the Asgard forever to think of a way to deal with them.

But, of course, it goes wrong. When the Replicators come into contact with the body of the android girl who created them, some of them are able to change their form into that of her, becoming a more advanced form of Replicator. One of them is able to use his new power to infiltrate a microscopic crack in the time dilation device and reprogram it, causing time to pass faster within the bubble instead of slower. The Replicators then use the thousands of years they have to consume everything on the Asgard homeworld, before they are ready to launch a final strike on the Asgard, wiping them out for good.

Of course, the Asgard have to call upon SG-1 to sort this problem out, which they do (I won't explain how; I've probably spoiled the episode enough already).

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.
Old March 26, 2003, 17:13   #39
DRoseDARs
lifer
Spore
Emperor

Local Time: 15:33
Frankly, I don't know what the Hell you're talking about, Tass. The only impression I get from the show's version of Russia is that they are a former superpower who lost that title recently (by a few years) and are just trying to stay on par with the US Military. They don't like US domination of the Stargate program, but had precious little they could do about it until they found a gate, with an intact DHD, of their own. Once they gave that up in exchange for more equal participation in SGC, they still play second fiddle to the US Military. They resent it, of course, but they don't want to risk losing the opportunities afforded by gate travel.

Quote:
Russians are evil people are are simply out to kill others, etc etc ETC.
My ass. Methinks you need to revisit the episodes that gave you THAT impression of the show's portrail of Russia, Tass.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.
Old March 26, 2003, 18:25   #40
Gatekeeper
Mac
King

Local Time: 16:33
Tass ... you're just insanely jealous you weren't selected to be part of the Stargate program! You're just a jealous Russian, not an evil one.

As for the Replicators and the Asgard, the Replicatars are *not* trapped on the Asgard homeworld. I think the homeworld was attacked by the Replicators, but the Asgard planted that homing beacon on one of the first worlds they colonized in the distant past. Thus, the Replicators are trapped in a time dialation zone on that Asgard colony world, but the actual Asgard homeworld did suffer damage from the Replicator attack — how badly damaged is the unknown.

Gatekeeper

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius
Old March 26, 2003, 18:48   #41
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Albert Speer
Who are the Aeschen?
They are like the most cold calculating (and patient) race of people I've ever seen. Crazy psychotic evil is cool but cold and caculating is better

Cold calculating > Sick pyschopaths.
Old March 26, 2003, 18:59   #42
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

i MISSED the season finale. but i went out par-taying instead, so i can't really b!tch all that much.

i'm sure i can find it somewhere, anyone care to help? *cough PM cough*
Old March 27, 2003, 00:51   #43
Dr Strangelove
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 18:33
I'm ticked off because the SG-1 chain reaction they've been running on Sci-Fi on Mondays stopped before rerunning the 2001 season. Now they've gone back to the first season. How am I supposed to catch up on the gap between the 2000 season and the 2002 season, the latter of which they've been airing on fridays?
Old March 27, 2003, 02:37   #44
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 22:33
Quote:
My ass.
No, MINE!!!!

Quote:
Methinks you need to revisit the episodes that gave you THAT impression of the show's portrail of Russia, Tass.
Ok, I think I will.

In other news, I discovered a mysteriously large files with things in it called "Acension" and "Small Victories". Curiously, they are all movie files....... The total ZIP archive is about 1 GIG.