View Poll Results: Should we build these projects and where?
1) The Living Refinery - build in New Apolyton 6 7.59%
1) The Living Refinery - build in DEM 7 8.86%
1) The Living Refinery - build in New Suez 5 6.33%
1) The Living Refinery - build in UNPD 2 2.53%
1) The Living Refinery - don't build 1 1.27%
2) The Cloning Vats - build in New Apolyton 8 10.13%
2) The Cloning Vats - build in DEM 4 5.06%
2) The Cloning Vats - build in New Suez 3 3.80%
2) The Cloning Vats - build in UNPD 2 2.53%
2) The Cloning Vats - don't build 4 5.06%
3) The Nano Factory - build in New Apolyton 3 3.80%
3) The Nano Factory - build in DEM 7 8.86%
3) The Nano Factory - build in New Suez 6 7.59%
3) The Nano Factory - build in UNPD 3 3.80%
3) The Nano Factory - don't build 1 1.27%
4) The Pholus Mutagen - build in Akiria (base choice up to governor) 13 16.46%
4) The Pholus Mutagen - don't build 1 1.27%
Write-in 0 0%
Xenobanana 3 3.80%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 25, 2003, 19:11   #1
Cedayon
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Local Time: 17:33
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Official: Secret projects galore
K, we need to decide whether we're going to build the available secret projects and where... I'm just going with the 4 highest min bases as options for the 3 general SPs, and with Akiria (base up to the gov) for the Pholus mutagen, since nobody objected to doing either in the IA Office thread.

Brief summary of SP benefits:
The Living Refinery - +2 Support on the SE table, which will counteract the -2 Support penalty from running Demo.
The Cloning Vats - not much, it'll just put all our bases in constant pop boom and make the growth SE stat totally irrelevant for us, nothing special (note: I'm being extremely sarcastic). Also eliminates the negatives of Power and Thought Control in the SE table, as if we would ever use either of those.
The Nano Factory - Repair all units very quickly, even in the field, and makes upgrading significantly cheaper. Will likely make MWIA and our future DPO(s) very happy.
The Pholus Mutagen - Some Greenie thing, I think it will make Planet more tolerant of our industry and stuff, as well as make fighting in fungus much easier (we'd get the bonuses in fungus normally reserved for native units, right?).

Options:
1) The Living Refinery - build in New Apolyton
1) The Living Refinery - build in DEM
1) The Living Refinery - build in New Suez
1) The Living Refinery - build in UNPD
1) The Living Refinery - don't build
2) The Cloning Vats - build in New Apolyton
2) The Cloning Vats - build in DEM
2) The Cloning Vats - build in New Suez
2) The Cloning Vats - build in UNPD
2) The Cloning Vats - don't build
3) The Nano Factory - build in New Apolyton
3) The Nano Factory - build in DEM
3) The Nano Factory - build in New Suez
3) The Nano Factory - build in UNPD
3) The Nano Factory - don't build
4) The Pholus Mutagen - build in Akiria (base up to governor)
4) The Pholus Mutagen - don't build
Write-in
Xenobanana

3 day poll, should be done around 2330 GMT Friday
Old March 26, 2003, 10:47   #2
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 00:33
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Who was the person besides me who voted against the cloning vats. I have to know who I won't have to rub in the nose the whole time.

And AFAIK the Pholus Mutagen has no effect whatsoever.
Old March 26, 2003, 15:13   #3
Cedayon
King

Except to pacify some greenies who want to spend 300-400 mins on it
Old March 26, 2003, 15:47   #4
moomin
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Local Time: 23:33
All wonders should be had, one way or another, regardless of whether they are useful or not.
Old March 27, 2003, 03:20   #5
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 09:33
The PM would be quite useful in fightign against worms; it strips the enemy of their advantages for fightign in fungus.
Old March 27, 2003, 03:46   #6
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 22:33
Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
Who was the person besides me who voted against the cloning vats. I have to know who I won't have to rub in the nose the whole time.
My nose shall remain unrubbed for all time, for 'twas I that voted so.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old March 27, 2003, 04:27   #7
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Well, as they currently stand, the results seem to give cause for concern; DEM is winning two of the four SPs, and if it built them both consecutively, this would greatly slow down the rate at wich we got them, as well as hindering further development there.
Old March 27, 2003, 04:54   #8
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

I see no reason why they couldn't both be rushed within one turnchat, if this is really a big problem.

-Jam
Old March 27, 2003, 05:09   #9
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

We could, but it would be more efficient to simply build them in different bases.
Old March 27, 2003, 05:12   #10
Jamski
Deity

If you like effeciecny then vote Green

-Jam
Old March 27, 2003, 07:07   #11
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Quote:
If you like effeciecny then vote Green

I agree with GT though, different bases mean we get the quicker. Although building two in DEM doesn't seem unreasonable, but no more than two IMHO.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old March 27, 2003, 08:54   #12
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 00:33
Quote:
The PM would be quite useful in fightign against worms; it strips the enemy of their advantages for fightign in fungus.
Aren't these advantages attached to the Xenoempathy Dome? IIRC the Pholus Mutagen help text says something about lowering eco-damage, but I read in some thread it had no effect on it.
Old March 28, 2003, 00:16   #13
Cedayon
King

I think it would be acceptable to build one of them in DEM and one of them in the runner-up (New Suez), unless someone has some huge problem with that.
Old March 28, 2003, 03:11   #14
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Quote:
Aren't these advantages attached to the Xenoempathy Dome? IIRC the Pholus Mutagen help text says something about lowering eco-damage, but I read in some thread it had no effect on it.
The Xenoempathy Dome affects movement through fungus; the Pholus Mutagen affects combat bonuses.
Old March 28, 2003, 04:13   #15
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

Quote:
Originally posted by Cedayon
I think it would be acceptable to build one of them in DEM and one of them in the runner-up (New Suez), unless someone has some huge problem with that.
I don't have a huge problem, but the poll shows what the people have asked for. To change that would hardly be democratic. It seems to me that according to the poll, the people want to build two in DEM. Why overrule the people?

Old March 28, 2003, 04:53   #16
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Because the people didn't necessarily vote to build two in DEM; they voted for two different ones to built, without meaning both.
Old March 28, 2003, 07:59   #17
Drogue
staff

Yes, but if they chose DEM for both, then surely that is what they want? They voted for 2 different ones to be built, and they voted for each of them to be built in DEM. If both win, I presume they do mean both. At the very least, if you want to build one in a different place, you'd have to repoll, or else go by what this poll states.

Old March 28, 2003, 08:20   #18
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

I'd say repoll it; however, what I'm arguing is that it wasn't the same people who chose DEM for both. They voted DEM without knowing that this might mean both would be built there, and the result is still very close; only a bare majority are for eithe rproejc tbeing in DEM right now.