Old April 1, 2003, 00:05   #61
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Local Time: 17:40
Local Date: November 1, 2010
No, I just have to step on it. Nothing like something bad will happen. If I dont step on it, I "dont feel complete" (as my sister puts it perfectly)

Thinking about it I might have a mild symptoms, but I dont wanna think I have it. It could just be something I heard of as pre-med syndrome. (when you think you got every disease in the world just because you share some smiliarity)

You're problem sounds more like Insomnia. Which is what I have. I have an incredibly ireegular sleeping habitsand whenever I cant find myself sleeping is when my brain activity is at its peak I think, because I cant stop thinking. Even the most petty stuff. I would be analyzing what happened today to world politics to philosophy etc... Wonder if my girlfriends hand gesture while we were at McDonald's meant anything....

I suggest sleeping pills for these kind of problems.

BTW all you pyschological disorer know alls.. Can you have SADs and insomnia at the same time? I would like to beleive I have SADs because my fall semester works havent been too good historically. If I could somehow say I have SADs (i dunno, I might who knows) it may help explain why I have inconsistent performance in school and tranfering may be easier..

Last edited by Zero; April 1, 2003 at 00:14.
Old April 1, 2003, 00:21   #62
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 22:40
Quote:
Originally posted by Calc II
(when you think you got every disease in the world just because you share some smiliarity)
Yeah, thats horrible Sometimes I convincnce myself of so much.....and sometimes it gets so bad I dont believe ANYONE who says otherwise, not even doctors or whatnot

Quote:
You're problem sounds more like Insomnia. Which is what I have. I have an incredibly ireegular sleeping habitsand whenever I cant find myself sleeping is when my brain activity is at its peak I think, because I cant stop thinking. Even the most petty stuff. I would be analyzing what happened today to world politics to philosophy etc... Wonder if my girlfriends hand gesture while we were at McDonald's meant anything....
Thats exactly what I do!

"My wife went to the kitchen after we kissed....Does it mean she doesnt love me and is trying to tell me in a very subtle way?"

Quote:
I suggest sleeping pills for these kind of problems.
Old April 1, 2003, 00:31   #63
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Insomnia is a hard cookie to deal with. Sleep is like the most important thing for an individual if you wanna function properly.

I suggest eating light midnight snack before you goto sleep. Chicken, carbs and milk usually does the best trick. Ideal option is chicken pasta with milk.

Then try making the atmosphere as dark as possible. And dont do anything in your bed other than sleep. (dont eat in your bed, watch TV while in bed etc.) but if you have it severe like me, you might wanna rely on good ol pills once in awhile.

In fact, Im gonna go fix myself some food now. Im getting a bit hungry.
Old April 1, 2003, 01:02   #64
Dr Strangelove
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 18:40
Quote:
Originally posted by Guynemer
100mg of Celexa is one helluva dose... how long have you been on it?

The SSRIs are the best drugs available for OCD; if they aren't working for you, not sure what else to tell ya.
Yes, that is true. One SSRI in particular, Luvox, seems to be the most effective medicine for the treatment of OCD.
Old April 1, 2003, 01:08   #65
nationalist
Warlord

Suck it up, *****!

"The great rule of conduct for us in regard to foreign nations is to have with them as little political connection as possible... It is our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world, so far as we are now at liberty to do it." George Washington- September 19, 1796
Old April 1, 2003, 01:52   #66
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 22:40
Quote:
Originally posted by MacTBone.
Donegal - I'm on Paxil, and yet I'm remarkably still the same person (albeit I don't obsess), obviously what you said is either 1)an exaggeration 2)an outright lie

You may have also had experience with people taking for a reason other than me - I apparently have Dysthymia and Paxil helps immeasurably.
It is neither an exaggeration or a lie. It is simply my experience with these drugs. Psyche meds are designed to do one thing. Correct a chemical imbalance in the brain. It fixes personality quirks that aren't "the norm", such as OCD, ADHD or the like. The thing is, is that I don't really believe in "the norm" so I see it as a personality change. Lets take Tassadars case here. If he were to start to take these phyche meds, his OCD would tend to diminish. The end result is we would see his posts becoming less and less animated as he would become less obsessed about debating here when people post stupid stuff (such as I am sure someone out there will think of this post).