Old May 15, 2003, 14:55   #211
Iron Chancellor
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

Local Time: 17:45
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Excellent, I knew we lacked a zampolit (political officer), in which case
Comrade Kanzlereisky for Secretariat of the NKVD!!!
To ensure the fascist dogs do not infiltrate our highest echelons...
Old May 15, 2003, 15:04   #212
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 18:45
Why dont you guys make sure you run for the Politburo first, then the General Secretary, whom you will chose from those elected can make the appropritae appointments.
Comrade Sorokin how long do we intend to conduct debate on this issue. I feel that the proletariet is getting restless.....
Old May 15, 2003, 15:57   #213
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

how about a 3 day vote, up or down on the new form of government? Then we can get to nominations etc, etc.
Old May 15, 2003, 16:09   #214
Bossy20000
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

Local Time: 23:45
Seems good, but we should make a different thread for these political debates, because now it gets spread between other things.
Old May 15, 2003, 16:18   #215
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Bossy20000
Seems good, but we should make a different thread for these political debates, because now it gets spread between other things.
Yes I agree once the poll/vote is opened we should continue the debate there. And give the Stavka thread back to Stavka!
Old May 15, 2003, 16:47   #216
Shaka Naldur
Civilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25

Well I did say seem. That means I think but Im not quite sure. And sorry if you took offense. But thats the impression you gave me when I was the Marshall.

However with that being said I will withdraw the comment.
be sure, I haven't had the intention at any single time to treat without respect
Old May 15, 2003, 16:48   #217
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Shaka Naldur

be sure, I haven't had the intention at any single time to treat without respect
I apologize and withdraw the comment OK?
Old May 15, 2003, 17:04   #218
Shaka Naldur
Emperor

OK, i won't keep going with this
Old May 15, 2003, 17:43   #219
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Shaka Naldur
OK, i won't keep going with this
Great

I dont think H would appreciate it if we kept it up.
Old May 15, 2003, 17:59   #220
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

I think I have a compromise worked out:

Politburo: has all the ministers and deputy ministers on it as well as normal citizens (I think we can go with a number high as 12 here if we want to, as it would get more people involved). They are elected once a year, though if there is a referendum put forth by the community, they can be removed earlier. Out of the Politburo, they select among themselves someone who will be Chairman who won't have a larger vote (one vote, one man) but is just there to organize and keep things running smoothly. The politburo themselves can rotate every 6 months for this position or however they choose it should be decided.

Marshall: selected by general elections in the community. Can be removed in a coup by a majority in the Politburo with a 2/3 majority in STAVKA; or just by a unanimous decision by STAVKA.

STAVKA: is composed of and only all the front commanders. The marshall appoints the commanders BUT it must be confirmed by the Politburo. The Marshall can remove commanders BUT it must be confirmed again by the Politburo.

How does that sound?
Old May 15, 2003, 18:06   #221
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Crap Anzac this sounds fine but H already launched the Poll.

Talk to H if he likes it and would like to incorporate it into the poll I have no problem with it.

The only thing I dont agree on is number three. I think the Marshall should have the call on whether all the commanders are on STAVKA or not. And if he wants someone who is not a front commander on STAVKA that should be his call.

The reason being is he is being held RESPONSIBLE for the conduct of the war. If one front commander is weak or if he has an expert who is not a Front Commander he should be able to appoint them to his council.

heres the poll: Lets transfer the discussion there, OK?

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=86127
Old May 16, 2003, 02:20   #222
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Last edited by H Tower; May 16, 2003 at 12:30.
Old May 16, 2003, 02:37   #223
Cyrion
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 00:45
Local Date: November 2, 2010

Now THAT is a Marshall who loves the people!

Ah, vodka...
LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464
Old May 16, 2003, 03:11   #224
H Tower

That never happened

Cyrion, are you joining our little game now? Or just making up lies about the Marshal? I may have to keep an eye on this trouble maker

Last edited by H Tower; May 16, 2003 at 12:35.
Old May 16, 2003, 12:44   #225
Bossy20000
Prince

Now, now, comrade Marshal, we all need some time of from time to time! Drinking some bottles of Vodka is nothing to be ashamed of. Next time, don't try to hide it, just come to my appartement, I have some very good bottles for a true Communist

You see, no point in trying to hide things from the Party! We see, hear and know everything!
Old May 16, 2003, 17:45   #226
Cyrion
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 00:45
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by H Tower
Cyrion, are you joining our little game now? Or just making up lies about the Marshal? I may have to keep an eye on this trouble maker
Hm, not joining yet... Not having enough time to get really involved in it!

But be assured that I read every post, and that I'll keep commenting on some...

Nazdarovie
LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464
Old May 17, 2003, 15:03   #227
H Tower

Marshal announcement concerning the Armaments Ministry
Today, I have accepted the resignation of our Armaments Minister. He has not shown the proper respect for the party and the struggle against the facicsts that is expected of all of those who fight for the Rodina. Siblingov was given 24 hours to respond to a message from the Marshal. He failed to respond. Although truth be told, he has been ignoring the Marshal for nearly two weeks. This will no longer occur however.

In place of Siblingov, I have appointed Stefanovich Ivan Knapovich (conmcb25) to fill in until elections take place sometime in the new future for the new government
Old May 17, 2003, 15:08   #228
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

I of course stand ready to serve the Rodina Comrade, turn up by 0200 GMT tomorrow.
Old May 19, 2003, 14:51   #229
curtsibling
staff
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation

To all comrades.

I am sorry my duties were not fufilled while at my post as the Armament Minister.

I am beset with a ton of illustration work in my off-line life, (I am a graphic designer),
and added to this is my time devoted to CIV2 scenarios.

What this means is that I am snowed-under with debt-clearing, paying work, and other stuff...
I simply could not fit all activities into the small amount of hours per day afforded to me.

Sorry comrades, there is little a guy can do when his offline life becomes hectic.

Please think of me as I toil here in a salt mine in Siberia.
*gets hit with a rifle-butt by a guard*

I am still loyal to the rodina and our marshall, and I am certain the final battle will be in our favour!

Forgive my weakness!
LONG LIVE THE REVOLUTION!

Old May 19, 2003, 15:19   #230
Bossy20000
Prince

We see that you are doing some work now, comrade We might consider bringing you back to Moscow, but we will keep an eye on you for the rest of your life! One false move, and back to the Gulag

Out of character: I understand you, I think we all do. Soon my exams will start, and then I will also have less time to come here. We should be able to put real life in pause mode from time to time
Old May 19, 2003, 16:30   #231
Iron Chancellor
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

Or save
Old May 19, 2003, 17:10   #232
H Tower

Do any of the Front commanders feel they need to have the depth of their front expanded to the rear? It has been some months now and it is possible that you wish to prepare defensive positions farther back of the line.
Old May 19, 2003, 17:15   #233
Shaka Naldur
Emperor

well, If Saransk is not at my front yet I want it
I'm already using them as city of my front,
Old May 19, 2003, 17:54   #234
H Tower

Whoah! it appears that either of two things happened, either the first post never got updated, or the marshal has been slacking, and we know which one it is of course

Murmansk Front Streches from Viipuri to Murmansk and includes convoy duty from the U.K. to Murmansk UNCHANGED

Baltic Front Defends Novgorod, Luga, Leningrad, Tikhvin, Knapovichgrad and Cherepovets. CHANGED

Northwest Front Defends Demynask, Kalinin, Yaroslav and Vologda. CHANGED

Belorussian Front Defends Vitebsk, Smolensk, Zangalov, Kaluga and Tula. CHANGED

1st Ukrainian Front Defends Kharkov, Belgorod, Kursk, Serafimovich, Saransk, Saratov and Voronezh. CHANGED

2nd Ukrainian Front Defends Perekop, Kerch, Sevestopol, Rostov, Kotelnikov, Stalingrad, Krasnodar, Novorossiysk, Batum and Astrakhan. CHANGED

Joint Command of Gomel, Bryansk and Orel is shared by the Belorussian Front and the 1st Ukranian Front

I am of course willing to listen to arguments about who should control what city.

Colwyn, would you please update the first post in this thread to the current responsibilities.
Old May 19, 2003, 18:05   #235
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Thank you for handing over more cities to my front
Old May 20, 2003, 02:35   #236
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

What about the units I have homed to the murmansk front in Tikhvin?

I'd move them as the city is mine, but the units are still homed to the murmansk front and I don't really need them currently (though I could allways use them but that's another thing ).
Old May 20, 2003, 04:19   #237
Bossy20000
Prince

Our best shot to keep Gomel, bryansk and the other cities there is that everybody uses all the red armies he can spare. That way we get partisans in that region, and we might be able to keep the cities throughout the summer. One killed red army gives us two partisans! We need the troops. Maybe other front commanders can set up a barter with Colwyn where they exchange one of their red armies against a partisan, and Colwyn gets the second. That way, both win!
Old May 20, 2003, 23:15   #238
PinkyGen
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: Exodus
Prince

Local Time: 22:45
Gomel and Byranks will not hold. I agree we should use the Red Armies to get partisans, and make a show of holding the cities to try for a few summer months so reinforcements do not spawn, but their summer invasion will be vast, and these cities will be overrun.
Old May 21, 2003, 06:41   #239
Bossy20000
Prince

I normally even don't try to keep them this long, i usually withdraw to the Don, Smolensk, Vitebsk and Kalinin. I draw the line there, but that usually means I can't afford to loose one single city. We now still can trade cities for time one certain places. We should however make sure we can keep Orel, Tula and Kaluga in case we loose Gomel and Bryansk, because else there will be a huge gap in our defense line. We might consider building some back-up cities in this region
Old May 21, 2003, 14:22   #240
Shaka Naldur
Emperor

the don't believe in the party!!! to the gulag with them

now seriously, let's see what happen, I think we've done enough wonderfull things until this very moment,
who thought kiev was going to hold for so long?
who thought that we could have a defensive line at Smolensk, Vitebsk, Perekop... without the UK airlift cheat?

believe in the party