Old March 31, 2003, 15:59   #1
civ2yahoo
Settler

Local Time: 22:51
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Persian Apathy
Babylon was a commercial and cultural powerhouse to those outside its boundries, but always, to the Aztecs and Zululanders, it was a weak nation of great wealth, the perfect nation to loot. Technologically, most of the nations were equal. The power of the Aztecs, Zululanders and Babylonians was similar, while the Persians claimed only a few cities, with others absorbed into Babylonian culture.

Babylons gold surpassed all the wealth of the rest of world and she had maintained peace by some miracle for over 5000 years, despite the warlike Zululanders and Aztecs.

But Zululand remained menacing despite the fact that it had backed off from the brink of war twice before. The Babylonians believed Zulus to be a great threat and guarded its southern border with Bowmen and catapults. Unfortunately, on any map of the time, its obvious Babylon was surrounded in three directions by Zulus, with Persia taking the remaining space near her.

Zulus had many forces in Persian territories, a nation with a great force of workers who had kept the peace with Babylon and even volunteered their workers for building roads in Babylon territory. They were a truly pacifist state. So pacifist, that there was barely a whisper of complaint from the Persians for any soldiers from Zululand.

Persia was a truly mysterious nation, in spite of its proximity to Babylon. In many ways, it was like a younger sister to Babylon, and several of there cities were assimilated into Babylonian culture. Persia had nearly a dozen workers in Babylonian territories, building roads, clearing jungle, but had not sent a single military unit to harrass.

Zululand made its final threat, plunging Babylon into war, ending the era of peace. Archers and impis in great numbers came storming out of the Persian lands, while the Persians remained peaceful still.

With its vast treasury, Babylon was able to expedite the commissioning of several Knights, while Bowmen backed catapults in the south. In the north, roads and workers were destroyed, causing great shock to the Babylonian civillians, who lost access to their favorite luxuries and communications.

Babylons' king decided to focus on attacking Zulu through its capital, hoping to send a message to Zulu that they had better sue for peace. Bowmen were called off forts to fend off the invaders as well, and the tide turned when the port city of Bapedi was taken, as Zulu retreated across
Persian territory to assault this new threat.

Meanwhile, the southern forces easily overcame Ngome and Swazi, proving the usefulness of its catapults in the attacks. The remaining Zulu cities were across a gulf that could be reached by land, but was shorter to reach by sea.

The Babylonian held city of Bapedi was sieged by the enemy, and nearly taken, but the presence of four catapult squads heavily damaged everything Zulu could bring to bear.

Repairing the road networks had already begun on Babylons homeland, but there was no way of knowing when the Zululanders might attack northern territories again.

The siege of Zimbabwe was a much more difficult matter for Babylonian forces. It held off the Babylon assault rather well, despite the Catapults. Amidst the siege, some Zimbabwe forces left the city, whether they were rebelling, or they thought something was more important than their capital is uncertain.

Babylon was eager for peace at this point, and hoped the point had been taken by the Zulus. But despite their losses, the Zululanders still were eager for more war.

It seemed the Zululanders were as eager for battle and war as the Persians and Babylonians were eager for peace.
Old March 31, 2003, 17:30   #2
civ2yahoo
Settler

Local Time: 22:51
1690 AD

At the climax of Babylon's first war campaign, Zulu slave workers were deported by ship to the homeland, knights and artillery were poised to capture a third palace city of Zululand after Zimbabwe and Ulundi fell, and the extensive maps of the Persians revealed the congestion felt worldwide.

By these maps, there was not an unclaimed land in the world, four nations shared a large continent, which included Babylon, Persia, Zululand and Aztecs. Two other smaller continents were marked as owned by two Nations unknown to Babylon.

Zululand finally gave in to Babylon, leaving the two nations in an uneasy, delicate peace.

The world was at peace, for now, but the only ways to future national improvement would be conquest, internal reforms and technological progress. Contact with the two isolated world powers could yet lead to prosperity, or war.
Old March 31, 2003, 23:44   #3
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Local Time: 17:51
Location: Even if you don't believe in Jesus he believes in you!
One word: Characters
Old April 1, 2003, 15:46   #4
Ephesos
MacNever Ending Stories
Chieftain

Local Time: 16:51
Is this supposed to be an RPG story or something?
Old April 1, 2003, 18:06   #5
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 23:51
Maybe this is an intro, and we should await the continuation.

Sounds interesting so far but it would benefit from character input Civ2yahoo. You have abley described for us the current stand off resulting from the conflict between the Zulu and the Babs, and I await to see where you take this.
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.